Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2007, 19:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

You really don't need components front and back, if you're driving nearly all the time. If you do sit in the back often enough, then ok, go for comps in the back also. Else you really needn't spend the extra buck.

If you do want to put in a little more for better equipment, I'd suggest you use the extra to get a GTO75.4 Amp. You won't regret it.
Old 13th May 2007, 22:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks alot Hydra, yes usually the car is driven with 5 people. How much does the GTO amp cost?
Old 13th May 2007, 22:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

The GTO 75.4 runs to about 13K with B&W. Very good amp, very VFM. You can run the fronts and the subs off it (and get the best from them).

Again, unless the people who sit in the back regularly really appreciate good music, don't bother to get comps in the back. Esp. if you get the 75.4 and you have to run the rears off the HU. Not that the comps won't do that good off the HU. Its that unless you plan to give them their best, no sense in spending extra in the back of the car (when you're going to be in front nearly all the time).
Old 13th May 2007, 22:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

@ Hydra what about adding a component to each door, and run them threw GTO 75.4 and run the sub using a mono-amp?

Are Audison SRx4 amps and Hertz components costlier then JBL?

Last edited by BUSA : 13th May 2007 at 22:51.
Old 13th May 2007, 22:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
@ Hydra what about adding a component to each door, and run them threw GTO 75.4 and run the sub using a mono-amp?

ya it can be done......and the result would be better than a single 75.4

ya audison is 2-3 times costlier than the JBL amp.....also the hertz is having 4 series......hyra will be following that....
Old 13th May 2007, 23:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks LBM.

So a ideal setup will be 4 components a 4 channel amp driving them and two subs and a mono amp driving them. So if i am on a budget i think i should go for the best possible speakers first with a 4 channel amp and later i willl upgrade to a sub with a mono amp.
Old 13th May 2007, 23:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmmm... Did you just rob a bank today?

Ok, seriously, this would be a great way of running the setup. The comps would get all the juice they need, and so would the sub. Now, to give you a bad idea, if you want to go this far with the speakers and the amp, the Pio 306F sub would not be good enough for the rest of the setup.

If you really have this much to spend, I would use co-axials in the back and use the saved money on a good sub. I've seen Blau Velocity subs used in free-air mode. I'm not really sure if they are free-air specific subs. And frankly I'm not sure of free-air specific sub-models other than the Pio and a Kenwood model (forgot the number now). Gurus, any other suggestions for free-air subs?

Or, you should seriously think of a removable sub-box in the boot. A JBLGT4-12 (Rs.5K) in a sealed 1cu.ft. box (about 1.5K) would rock, run off a good mono amp (about 10k for a PioD510 or about 12K for a JBL GTO301.1).

Quote:
The Audison SRx4 amp is just under 25K. The Hertz Dieci series comps (DSK165 would be the approximate equivalent of the GTO607c) are about the same as the 607c (DSK165 is priced under 7K, I think). Energy Series comps (ESK165s) are 9.1K and Hi-Energy series (HSK165) comps are about 15.5K.

BUSA, take a long hard look at your budget and keep it steady (ok, with about a 5K buffer). I don't mean to offend you by saying this, but once we start getting ICEy ideas, there is no end to it
Old 13th May 2007, 23:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So a ideal setup will be 4 components a 4 channel amp driving them and two subs and a mono amp driving them. So if i am on a budget i think i should go for the best possible speakers first with a 4 channel amp and later i willl upgrade to a sub with a mono amp.
Just saw this post of yours. This is the best way of going about it. You'll have a great-sounding system with all good equipment when you get done.

I take back the preaching about the budget in my earlier post.
Old 13th May 2007, 23:19   #24
BHPian

If I drive a sub with a bridged amp & then drive the same sub with a monobloc, both amps of similar quality & providing similar number of watts, am I going to hear any difference?
Also, are there D-class monoblocs (e.g. GTO601.1?) as well as non-D-class ones (e.g. GTO301.1?)? What is the difference between them?
Thanks in advance.
Old 13th May 2007, 23:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
If I drive a sub with a bridged amp & then drive the same sub with a monobloc, both amps of similar quality & providing similar number of watts, am I going to hear any difference?
Also, are there D-class monoblocs (e.g. GTO601.1?) as well as non-D-class ones (e.g. GTO301.1?)? What is the difference between them?
Thanks in advance.
the mono block would be a bit efficient when compared to the 4 ch amp as they are d-class...and the mono wil be louder than the 4 ch also...

about the sound difference it will be quite less when comparing SQ....

the 301.1 and the 601.1 both are mono blocks....the major difference is of wattage level only....
Old 13th May 2007, 23:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks once again Hydra.

I think you will keep advising me to upgrade the amps and subs but wont let me get rear components

Cant go for a sub in the boot, coz i really need all the boot space, so a free ait sub will do.

So considering i would be going in for

Front: JBLCS2165c: 5000/- (2-way comps)
Rear: JBLCS2165c: 5000/- (2-way comps)
Sub: ??
Amp: JBL GTO75.4 13k (4-chs, for the 4 comps)
Wiring & RCAs: 3K (Stinger/Twister/Scosche)

Total - 26k - already exceeded by 6k but never mind, you ICE guys make sure budget is exceeded, dont ya

So i will upgrade to a Sub later and a mono amp, which one should i owing to the above setup?
Old 14th May 2007, 00:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Front: JBLCS2165c: 5000/- (2-way comps)
Rear: JBLCS2165c: 5000/- (2-way comps)
I'd recommend the GTO series instead of the CS series for the components. The GTO607C costs about 6500/- a pair and they should any day better than the VFM CS series. Alternatively (if it is already exceeding your budget), you can install co-axials in the rear and put GTO607C in the front out of the saved money.

Quote:
Amp: JBL GTO75.4 13k (4-chs, for the 4 comps)
I'd recommend 2 channels for the front components (Co-axials run from the HU) and 2 for the sub. You could have a monoblock for the sub as and when your budget permits.
Old 14th May 2007, 00:21   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a tweeter pod in each door currently, so wont 4 components on each door sound better? I know i will have to up my budget a bit but is it worth it?
Yes components if you can afford them are worth it. I'd suggest you look at the JBL CS series components. They are just a few pennies more than the GTO series coax.
Old 15th May 2007, 18:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Suggest me a sub to go along this setup

HU - Blapunkt Bahamas MP46 (anyone has an idea how many preouts it has and will it be able to manage the configuration below) More about my HU here
Front - JBL GTO607c
Rear - JBL GTO 607c
Amp - JBL GTO 75.4
Wiring - JBL Wiring Kit
Mono Amp - JBL GTO 301.1
Damping - Wurth

Yes i am planing to JBLfy my car.

Suggest me a free air sub and incase i plan to go in for two subs then would both the subs be the same. Please suggest looking at the configuration above.

Yes, my budget was 20k and now i think i need to double it.

Last edited by BUSA : 15th May 2007 at 18:16.
Old 15th May 2007, 18:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HU - Blapunkt Bahamas MP46 (anyone has an idea how many preouts it has and will it be able to manage the configuration below) More about my HU here
Front - JBL GTO607c
Rear - JBL GTO 607c
Amp - JBL GTO 75.4
Wiring - JBL Wiring Kit
Mono Amp - JBL GTO 301.1
Damping - Wurth

Yes i am planing to JBLfy my car.

Suggest me a free air sub and incase i plan to go in for two subs then would both the subs be the same. Please suggest looking at the configuration above.

Yes, my budget was 20k and now i think i need to double it.

all the stuff you selected but some of my comments...

If you plan to put 2 subs get a good mono amp like 601.1 the 301.1 will not be able to handle 2 subs......

there are few subs which can play both in free air and a enclousre....But I would suggest to put it in a enclosure.....like the JBL 12 inch power series....very nice sub....put two of these and you need to increase your damping costs.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks