Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2021, 10:55   #1
Team-BHP Support

Pathetic experience with the Mercedes ME app in India

Experience with Mercedes ME app in India.

Completely dissatisfied. Problem started sometime in March and was told that this will get corrected with an update which can be applied at service. Apart from Vehicle positioning and closing windows/ Tyre pressure, this app is hardly useful, so we kept it pending.

Pathetic experience with the Mercedes ME app in India-whatsapp-image-20210729-10.44.36-am-1.jpeg

Pathetic experience with the Mercedes ME app in India-whatsapp-image-20210729-10.44.36-am.jpeg

Pathetic experience with the Mercedes ME app in India-whatsapp-image-20210729-10.44.09-am.jpeg

Two days before the car went to the service and some of the features started working, don't know why and how but when the car came back everything stopped again. Perhaps, the car had data from the dealership internet via the device they had connected or did the fault resulted again.

Pathetic experience with the Mercedes ME app in India-whatsapp-image-20210729-10.06.47-am.jpeg

Surprisingly, MB India unlike BMW just sits and after a sort of Auto reply, doesn't even bother checking what happened.

Will be interesting to find out from fellow owners.

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th July 2021 at 11:02.
Turbanator is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 08:31   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pathetic experience with the Mercedes ME app in India

Thanks for sharing, Turbanator! Moving your post out to a new thread so as to inform others. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google.

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 12:02   #3
BHPian

I think there are 2 possibilities.

An account setup error. I believe every dealer has an executive who generally has access to the portal where the car is mapped with the Mercedes Me account. They could try re-mapping the car with your account (using the VIN) or if that doesn't solve, escalate to Mercedes.

Another could be things going out of sync when software updates come in. Happened once with me and an app reinstall on the phone (suggested by the dealer) solved it for me.
abhilashgp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 19:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashgp View Post
I believe every dealer has an executive who generally has access to the portal where the car is mapped with the Mercedes Me account.
It worked well for few months and then stopped on its own. On escalating they told, the car needs an update and must be bought to the service station, I kind of deferred.

Quote:
They could try re-mapping the car with your account (using the VIN) or if that doesn't solve, escalate to Mercedes.
Both Dealer and MB are clueless as of now. Until yesterday, it was bad weather or give little time and none of their other cars in workshop are also working - which got me really pissed off, one can notice when someone is trying to make fool of somebody.

Quote:
Another could be things going out of sync when software updates come in. Happened once with me and an app reinstall on the phone (suggested by the dealer) solved it for me.
They updated some control software during the service, and I could see Tyre pressure etc, they called me, and I could check from my office but when I tried to activate the other services, nothing happened.

When was the last time you logged in? Is it working for last 2 days? Dealership still insists it's a problem at backend and nothing to do with car. I have deleted the app and reinstalled as well logged out multiple times.

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th July 2021 at 19:18.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 10:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

When was the last time you logged in? Is it working for last 2 days? Dealership still insists it's a problem at backend and nothing to do with car. I have deleted the app and reinstalled as well logged out multiple times.
I just logged-in and it’s working fine. Haven’t noticed anything wrong in the last few days.
abhilashgp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 10:42   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Two days before the car went to the service and some of the features started working, don't know why and how but when the car came back everything stopped again.
Over the years I have come to believe smart things do spy on us. My belief is based on several "coincidences" over an extended period of time. Here are two recent ones I can think of

1) My mom called and was telling me how her knee pain is aggravated and how her doctor said surgery could be the answer but then she is a senior citizen and she is apprehensive about surgery.
Later on, over lunch (phone was lying around), I updated my wife about this and we discussed in detail possible non surgical options.
Presto, I start seeing ads for infra red lamps for joint pains and some knee speciality clinic.

2) We had some friends over for dinner. Among other things, he told me how he lost his IT job but fortunately he had been working in a company who is involved in automated trading. So he leveraged on that and took a swing at the stock market and he was doing quite well. He also went on and on and on about the bit coin thingie.
Presto, I start seeing ads about some stock trading app and some website offering bit coins for sale.

Point is, the machines have already risen.
The "car" could have very well heard you say that she is due for servicing and your plans to take her to the dealer. The car has GPS and Sat Nav so she also knows when you are "home". I wouldn't be surprised if the features worked on/off intentionally.

Before anyone asks me to see a psychiatrist or take off my tin foil hat, now would be a good time to remind everyone, targeted advertisement today can be fine tuned to, say divorced males in Mumbai, 5 figure income, resident of Andheri E, with a receding hairline, slightly overweight, but not medically obese.

In today's digital world, there are no coincidences.
RedTerrano is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 10:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Experience with Mercedes ME app in India.

Completely dissatisfied. Problem started sometime in March and was told that this will get corrected with an update which can be applied at service. Apart from Vehicle positioning and closing windows/ Tyre pressure, this app is hardly useful, so we kept it pending.

*SNIP*

Attachment 2185147

*SNIP*
It is interesting that tracking your position and the ability to sell your data to third parties (both of which are valuable to Mercedes) are the only functions that work properly and everything else tha is useful for you stopped working and is pending activation.

It kind of dovetails into my conspiracy theory: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5082834 (Why is the dealer offering the 'Mercedes Me Adapter' for free?)

If any business entity gives you anything for free, you're not the customer, you're the product. The customer is the one who pays said business for all your information.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 14:10   #8
BHPian

Hi, my 2 month old GLE had a delay with activation of the services. From the dealer end they modified some entries in their system and everything was working well. Occasionally the remote locking feature works on and off.
Old 4th August 2021, 13:08   #9
Team-BHP Support

Update-

It appears, MB customer care on itself is sort of Auto Reply and simply forward to your preferred dealer (seller dealer by default) which in our case was Global Star. Vehicle was also serviced by Global and from whatever experience I got with this incident, I will say they are good only to sell. They kept mum to a point that they stopped answering messages altogether Eventually I involved another dealer T&T and they escalated internally in MB.

Heard back as under from them today.

Quote..... MB India.
We would like to apprise you that, we have received the revert from our relevant team. As per the details shared with us, we understand that, the vehicle needs to be reported at the workshop for the reset of initial certificate of HERMES module. UnQuote.

This means another trip to Okhla from Gurgaon, hooking to the servers and some update or even a part change. Global star should have done this when I went for service so definitely not going to them again.

Currently, I don't think am going to spend full day on this. Due to present conditions and otherwise, I don't allow certain cars to be driven by Drivers so looks this has to be kept pending for another Year unless the car has some other surprises for me.

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th August 2021 at 13:13. Reason: Quote fixed
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 13:39   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The graphics on the screen reminds me of Windows Longhorn and the Aero theme. Not specific to MB but these screens are going to make the car interiors age faster than ever.
Old 22nd September 2021, 14:02   #11
BHPian

I have a E280 CDI of 2008 vintage, and the dealer is insisting that I install the Mercedes Me adaptor. I don't see the point for a 13 years old car. Also I'm afraid of glitches being created in my car because of the adaptor. Guys please advise.
Old 30th January 2022, 14:22   #12
Team-BHP Support

As an Update to the thread, had to send the car for a totally different reason to the workshop. Fuel gauge and Distance to empty went blank, in a style if I may add. First the Distance to Empty remained constant or even improved. As I was on highway, thought maybe driving style. Even fuel gauge did not reduced that much. But when I got the Tank refilled at Chandigarh, the Car took much larger volume than what the gauge was suggesting (3/4th full) Suspecting short change by the Pump, I thought of checking next day.

Next morning, the fuel gauge & Distance to empty started getting low by the minute and after around 30 minutes, it was Zero. Got fuel from another pump but it took only little. I continued my journey back to Gurgaon after checking with MB helpline. Surprisingly, the guy knew about my old case, maybe he handled last time or read this thread, but he was helpful.

This time took the car to T&T Motors Gurgaon. They diagnosed the failure to Primary sensor in the fuel tank and got the part by Air from Pune/ Mumbai. There are Two sensors in the fuel tank, in case secondary goes bad, they have to replace the fuel tank. Until they fix the primary sensor, they cannot even tell if the secondary has failed too! They updated the software and the “me” app started working again,

Got the car back after 5 days but overall pleased with T&T. Total amount to change the sensor was around 40K including labour but since the car was under warranty, nothing was paid. This car has done around 7000 Km, in the second Year ownership and this was first failure. Difficult to relate this failure on the overall reliability but it’s a fact that modern electronics take a toll. Compare to this, my LC remains trouble free in 4th Year of ownership with Zero monies paid for any repair or faults. Looks, I paid for extended warranty unnecessarily to Toyota
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks