Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2021, 18:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Google shuts down Android Auto app for phones; migrate to new in-built assistant feature

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshye View Post
This is a reality. I have tested it multiple times with Android phone (locked) in my pocket. Told some specific thing (which is not related to my viewing choices) to few people over 48 hours. Voila! YouTube started suggesting me the video. Know this : Google is listening! Always!
Though similar eerie things have happened with me in the past, I recently had a taste of it again. A colleague named Irene recently joined my workplace, and the next day YouTube was suggesting me clips from the movie "Me, myself and Irene"

Last edited by Sheel : 25th August 2021 at 18:40. Reason: Mod note attached.
Geta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 23:53   #17
BHPian

Re: Google shuts down Android Auto app for phones; migrate to new in-built assistant feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Slight OT
Have you noticed unnatural battery drain after installing Vanced? I don't much care about the battery life since I'm mostly home and always near a charger but I can see it causing a problem while travelling outstations.
I'm on Galaxy S10.
No such issue observed. I always force close every app after using it. Or you can add apps to 'always sleeping or deep sleep' apps in your settings. This will ensure none of the apps which are not being actively used, can run in the background. This goes a long way in conserving the phone's battery life.
Old 31st August 2021, 11:36   #18

It is not a big issue if Google ends the support, you could choose not to update your Andoid Auto app and continue to use an older version.
Further, if anyone has an old smart phone, you can install the Head unit Reloaded app to cast your smartphone to it. The process is simple and pretty useful. If required please let me know and I can post the procedure to install and connect to the car. If you have a USB socket that powers on when the car ignition is on and bluetooth in car stereo, it can do wonders and even act as a proper car infotainment.
Old 9th January 2022, 08:47   #19
BHPian

Guys, It appears that Google is shutting down "Android Auto for Phones" app and not "Android Auto" itself!

The thread title is misleading and needs a change.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021...-what-that-is/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks