Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 03:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
I agree, people will never go back to Sony or Pio if they listen to Alpine etc ... I had a Sony, then shifted to Pio but now Im with Alpine and I know the difference!
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Is the difference so apparent?
how did you evaluate the difference was so evident
Old 24th May 2007, 08:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
how did you evaluate the difference was so evident
Hi Navin, Low_bass_maker,

In Apline, the sound can be controlled as we wish, due to the Bass Engine. I mean, in an M800, there would be lot of vibrations (though I have got the rear hatch damping done, my rear speakers are on the hatch btw)

In a Sony or Pio I could just adjust the bass levels or SLA or maybe LOUD settings (to reduce the vibrations) but with Alpine, I can actually adjust the frequency and the bandwidth which has to be boosted...so I can actually cut off the frequency which causes vibrations and boost the frequencies that do not cause it. So, music sounds much better even at high volumes. The same goes with Treble settings, where in I can choose the frequency that gives the least amount of noise in my tweeters and then boost it!

The other thing I liked about Alpine is the feature which allows you to search for songs in a CD just by scrolling...its very useful. So its not a placebo effect on me, but I feel its really worth it going for Alpine and spending the extra bucks.
Old 24th May 2007, 10:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

hmm...it is like personal preference type of thing.....but this all the things can be done in the newer range of pioneer HU...like MP3 list feature in pioneer is the best one I have seen in any HU.....the sound adjust function are very good of pioneers also....checkout there latest HU for the same....
Old 24th May 2007, 10:41   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
hmm...it is like personal preference type of thing.....but this all the things can be done in the newer range of pioneer HU...like MP3 list feature in pioneer is the best one I have seen in any HU.....the sound adjust function are very good of pioneers also....checkout there latest HU for the same....
I agree..but somehow I feel that Apline sounds a lot 'sweeter' - maybe its a personal preference!
Old 24th May 2007, 10:56   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
...So its not a placebo effect on me, but I feel its really worth it going for Alpine and spending the extra bucks.
Dont get me wrong. I am a big Alpine user. but..
a) I thought that what I was hearing was a mix of my bias and my ears (people tell me I have accurate ears)

b) I understand that brands like Pioneer have closed the gap that existed between them an Alpine 10-15 years ago.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks