Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 17:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

Viper I know it is a 3way (see post 12) but is the woofer a polyglass one? It looks like one.

BTW are the 2 way rear comps from Morel?
Old 19th May 2007, 20:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Is that a center speaker? if so would not a coax done a nicer job. If it is a sub what is the box volume or is it an IB install?
Navin Ji how could it be IB...I think it is a sealed box only.....

But I did not like the concept.....it will sound ok...but the thing Beetle guy has done is very mind blowing job......
Old 19th May 2007, 20:52   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Navin Ji how could it be IB.......
I was thinking that the man may have used the floor board as the baffle. I mean, stranger things have happened.

I have friends in the US that use the floorboard of their house or even the wardrobe of the room behind the speaker as a big box.
Old 19th May 2007, 20:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking that the man may have used the floor board as the baffle. I mean, stranger things have happened.

I have friends in the US that use the floorboard of their house or even the wardrobe of the room behind the speaker as a big box.
Hmm...nice Idea but if he has used the floor then a lots of dirt and water (mumbai monsoon) would be coming throught it and it will damage the sub......
Old 19th May 2007, 21:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Those are insane installs on a Santro...! Is it a DEMO car?

I'm sure LBM would be inspired by this n would have had a good peek under his dashboard by now..Only place left in your swift to install a Sub

Last edited by kpzen : 19th May 2007 at 21:10.
Old 19th May 2007, 21:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Those are insane installs on a Santro...! Is it a DEMO car?

I'm sure LBM would be inspired by this n would have had a good peek under his dashboard by now..Only place left in your swift to install a Sub
Hahaha...good one KP.....but I think I dont require it in this car...I am happy with it as it is sounding now....
Old 19th May 2007, 23:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice install, Viper. Thanks for the pics A bit too showy for my taste but then its a show car, right?

I'd come across a similar placement idea for midrange & tweets the other day (work-in-progress pic below):

This guy has probably fitted the midbass (going by the surround) and not the midrange up there. With the midbass in the door panel, I think a midrange & tweeter placement should sound good. This would work well only if the midrange is about 3" or less. (It was good in the Santro you posted). Else it will affect visibility of the driver.

Last edited by hydrashok : 19th May 2007 at 23:41.
Old 20th May 2007, 00:58   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I'd come across a similar placement idea for midrange & tweets the other day (work-in-progress pic below):

This guy has probably fitted the midbass (going by the surround) and not the midrange up there. This would work well only if the midrange is about 3" or less. (It was good in the Santro you posted). Else it will affect visibility of the driver.
I would have used a midrange from 200Hz+ instead of that midbass but it seems to me that the installer KNOWS what he/she is doing.
Old 20th May 2007, 13:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Nice install, Viper. Thanks for the pics A bit too showy for my taste but then its a show car, right?

I'd come across a similar placement idea for midrange & tweets the other day (work-in-progress pic below)
@ Hydra: Nice W.I.P pics. This guys using a SEAS Ref midbass and LCY ribbon tweets. The SEAS midbass isnt exactly shallow, I wonder how he plans to drive safely with that kind of visibility loss.

@ Navin: IMHO I think you are overestimating the Bangalore guys. You are also underestimating the Mumbai, Delhi, Cochin installers (among others).

@ Viper: I'm not digging the Morel + Focal + Kicker combination. Thats like tandoori chicken chowmein with sambhar.

@ LBM : The sub install is nice. We have experimented with this location before and the results (sound wise) were less than optimum. We found upfront sub to work better phase reversed, firing towards the firewall. Or in the usual boot locations. The Beetle install probably just gives some low end to the system, which may be all the user wants. So end of the day its a compromise. But innovative nonetheless.
Old 20th May 2007, 13:12   #25
BANNED

Hi Gunbir,

I agree with you on that front. It eventually boils down to what the car owner/shop keeper likes and wants to do. If you look closely at the pic with the monitor there is a line of red switches for switching on/off individual speakers. He wanted to show case all into one car instead of spending on 3 diff car installs.

Viper
Old 20th May 2007, 16:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
The sub install is nice. We have experimented with this location before and the results (sound wise) were less than optimum. We found upfront sub to work better phase reversed, firing towards the firewall. Or in the usual boot locations. The Beetle install probably just gives some low end to the system, which may be all the user wants. So end of the day its a compromise. But innovative nonetheless.

Hmmmm....I was also thinking that sub keep so close would not yield good results.....But I cannot comment on it till I have done the same.....But I have seen (not listened) quite good number of installs in which the sub is infront....

In the beetle there is only one 10 inch sub nothing in the back....so I think it is taking care of all the lowend in this car.....here are some complete install pics.....

A three way DLS Speakers with 6.5 inch Midbass on the dash with enclousres.....

here is another close up

Complete install is active....with DLS amps...

I will be posting some more install pics of the same car late tonight....
Old 20th May 2007, 18:06   #27
Team-BHP Support

LBM I love the floor mats! :-)
Old 20th May 2007, 19:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM I love the floor mats! :-)
Just the floor mat only....................the bed of DLS amps and Alpine processor looks good also............
Old 20th May 2007, 21:18   #29
Team-BHP Support

Nice install Viper. But it could have done with better colour combo for the interiors. Nevertheless it offers what a demo car requires "a nice looking install".
Old 21st May 2007, 00:01   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Just the floor mat only....
Arrey I was being sarcastic..but I guess my sense of humor is not as acute as Sam's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks