Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 10:30   #1
Team-BHP Support

Wagon R Ground Zero Install

I had taken a few Bhp-ians to Bombay on Saturday since I had some work and they were interested in roaming around town. While in Bombay we gave B&T a call to see if he is free and if we could see the Skoda Superb install. He asked us to come over although there was no Superb there. Since 2 of the bhp ians viz. Etchemkay and Payam wanted to buy Ichibahn IKits from B&T I thought we will pay B&T a visit. We saw a nice Wagon R parked outside his office and asked Ajay if he had something for a demo. He obliged and here we have a few bhpians getting a taste of some brilliant music from the Wagon R:

A view of the sub:

The equipment:

Overall it was a budget install in B&T's daily driver and we had fun. Imaging on the car was brilliantly done considering the fact that it had co-axials in the front. We were introduced to the world of time alignment for speakers and could notice differences in SQ after time alignment. Later on we went on to see an actual demo car a Fiat Palio (hair standing). We pestered day lights out of B&T and made him chuck his schedule and cancel his appointments and take us to see the Palio install. It had a Steg amp and some more brilliant equipment. I will post a separate thread for that car.

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st May 2007 at 10:31.
Old 21st May 2007, 10:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Anothe install of Ajay Bhai.....today morning is very good.....so MF how were the two cars sounding.......

Ajay Bhai....what is in the port of the enclosure....Navin Ji style old socks
Old 21st May 2007, 11:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Anothe install of Ajay Bhai.....today morning is very good.....so MF how were the two cars sounding.......
MF says that it is the best I ever heard. Both installs were different in their own ways. I enjoyed the Palio install more since it had a lot better and expensive equipment on the car.

Quote:
Ajay Bhai....what is in the port of the enclosure....Navin Ji style old socks
The port enclosure is nothing and the socks is not for an aperiodic vent (sorry Navin). Ajay says that the box has been lifted off Sion Koliwada where you get this done in seconds. Actually he pointed out a lot of mistakes himself about the install. If you look at the left speaker, it is covered half way by the amplifier rack, etc. But the install was still sounding brilliant. Let me tell you I have developed a liking for Ground Zero!
Old 21st May 2007, 11:24   #4
BHPian

Although the Palio install was better, this install took the cake for being the loudest setup I've heard .. I got a headache within minutes from all the backlash from the sub, really!
Old 21st May 2007, 11:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Although the Palio install was better, this install took the cake for being the loudest setup I've heard .. I got a headache within minutes from all the backlash from the sub, really!

What will happen to you if you happen to listen my setup with the mightiest Steg amp driving two subs.....that to in a ported box which will increase the output more....
Old 21st May 2007, 11:35   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What will happen to you if you happen to listen my setup with the mightiest Steg amp driving two subs.....that to in a ported box which will increase the output more....
I dont even want to imagine. We ensured that the car doesn't have a child lock .
Old 21st May 2007, 11:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I dont even want to imagine. We ensured that the car doesn't have a child lock .
Hehehehe....this is what I do when somebody asks me for a demo and I am not in mood to give one......
Old 21st May 2007, 11:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I can only imagine ... .. not that all headaches are bad .. this was a good headache.
Old 21st May 2007, 12:07   #9
Team-BHP Support

B&T's gaining a fan club!
Old 17th February 2008, 13:31   #10
BHPian

The 6x9s in this pic seem to be in some kind of enclosure. What kind of enclosure is it ? Is it better than a free air install ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post

The equipment:

Old 17th February 2008, 15:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Its a normal 6x9 box that is available for installing speakers in hatches etc that dont have parcel trays.
Old 17th February 2008, 15:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Very nice looking install for a hatch - the space has been very well utilized.

I should be traveling to Mumbai soon to see how the GZ+Illusion combo sounds like.

Congrats B&T!
Old 17th February 2008, 15:32   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Its a normal 6x9 box that is available for installing speakers in hatches etc that dont have parcel trays.
How does the sealed enclosure box for the 6X9 affect the sound output?

I read somewhere that 6X9's should ideally kept on parcel shelf something like IB for a good output.

I have the sealed box as well but I feel that it limits the bass.
Old 17th February 2008, 15:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I read somewhere that 6X9's should ideally kept on parcel shelf something like IB for a good output.

I have the sealed box as well but I feel that it limits the bass.
In the santro, 6x9 on the parcel shelf was too boomy at times and the sealed box though not as loud had a better punch to it.
Old 17th February 2008, 16:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

@ rockster - the gear in the car keeps changing, amps/ speakers/ sub etc. Thats the reason everything is almost "modular". You are welcome to audition it whenever you are here. The real stunner however, is the Palio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
How does the sealed enclosure box for the 6X9 affect the sound output?
6x9s are mostly designed for free air application. Hence they are mostly dependent on their own suspension more than the restoration force of an enclosure. Yet, not all 6x9s are exactly the same. Different 6x9s would perform differently if enclosed.

Most Viewed