Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 23:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car Speakers for Getz

Hi,

I have been enjoying this site and really appreciate the knowledge that is shared in this site.

I would like to know which is the best speaker for hyundai getz. I have a pioneer audio system. My budget would be max 8K.

Some valuable inputs on sun film too would be helpful.

Have a nice day.
Old 22nd May 2007, 10:07   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I would like to know which is the best speaker for hyundai getz. I have a pioneer audio system. My budget would be max 8K..
There is no BEST speaker. But at 8K for 2 pairs I woudl suggest you consider Balu's Thx/Odx, JBL's CS, and of late one of my friends seemed to prefer the sound of Pioneer so why not give them a listen as well. Only give them all a good listen not 30 seconds of BOOM. A good 10-15 minutes each with a Cd you are familiar with.
Old 22nd May 2007, 10:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Some valuable inputs on sun film too would be helpful.

Have a nice day.
Llumar, 3M are a couple of good brands in the market. You can have a look at this thread if you want to know how to keep your audio system secure through better tinting.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...em-secure.html
Old 22nd May 2007, 11:47   #4
BANNED

As your budget is just 8k, don't have to confuse yourself with too much options.

Guess you are looking for 2pairs of speakers. Are you? If yes, then walk in to the nearest JBL dealer and ask for their CS series of components and coaxials. They will perfectly fit your budget.
Other brands/models worth listening in this budget are Hertz Dieci coaxials, JBL GTO series, Blaupunkt THX series etc....
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:40   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi patiencewins,

For your getz, in 8K this is what you need to buy.

1) 6" component set in the front - 1 set
2) 6" coaxial speaker in the rear door - 1 pair

Brands have been discussed in the previous posts.

adiós amigo y buena suerte,

Zorro.
Old 7th June 2007, 20:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks

Thanks for the advice.

After listening to the Alpine, Pioneer and JVC settled for:

Alpine coaxials at the back for 6400
Pioneer in the front for 2500.

Happy with the performance.

Team-bhp rocks!!
Old 8th June 2007, 01:56   #7
BHPian

cool you must be a happy camper Patience

hmmmm from 8000 to 8900 thats ICE'ing on the CAKE and having it tooo
Old 8th June 2007, 02:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

so install pics should be following next ....
Old 8th June 2007, 02:56   #9
BHPian

also have a look at new infinity ref series,heard their sound,fantastic.just love them.
Old 8th June 2007, 02:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
also have a look at new infinity ref series,heard their sound,fantastic.just love them.
Sir ji the install has been done...
Old 8th June 2007, 10:45   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice.

After listening to the Alpine, Pioneer and JVC settled for:

Alpine coaxials at the back for 6400
Pioneer in the front for 2500.

Happy with the performance.

Team-bhp rocks!!

WOw!!! Another Alpine lover!!! Congrats and now enjoy the music!!!
Old 17th July 2007, 11:30   #12

HI guys,

this site is really great. I also own a hyundai Getz and am looking for a good audio setup for within 15-16K. I am looing for crisp and clear sounds with a good bass. Not looking to install a sub-woofer though. Also, will consider putting an amp later down the line.

1. first, I was considering the sony CDX-GT660US Head unit. Any other ideas??
2. For the speakers, I am really confused between Sony GT6938X, JBL GTO937, JBL GTO936e and infinity reference 9613i. Unfortunately I have not heard them all in comparison :(
3. Also which one would u suggest for the front : JBL CS2165 or are the sony 6" coaxial equally good?

I want to install it pretty soon, so it will be great if i can get an early response. Gurus please help fast. I have been unable to compare them by listening. and i get a mixed response on whether sony xplod are better or JBL or infinity (and in which order). Hope this will be clarified.

njoY!
Old 17th July 2007, 13:08   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks_in View Post
HI guys,

this site is really great. I also own a hyundai Getz and am looking for a good audio setup for within 15-16K.
1. first, I was considering the sony CDX-GT660US Head unit. Any other ideas??
2. For the speakers, I am really confused between Sony GT6938X, JBL GTO937, JBL GTO936e and infinity reference 9613i.
3. Also which one would u suggest for the front : JBL CS2165 or are the sony 6" coaxial equally good?
at 16K you can even fit a pair of components in the front if you are willing to slightly modify the door panle or A pillar.

HU: Pio, Blaupunkt, Kenwood, JVC or even a Clarion of Alpine: 7-9K (9k would get you the base Alpine)
Speakers: JBL CS components/GTO coax, Blau Thc/Thx 8-9K etc..

General consensus on this forum is that Sony Speakers are not as good as JBL (you mentioned these 2 brands in your post).
Old 17th July 2007, 13:36   #14

I would like to add that i m from chandigarh. does anyone know a good installer in chandigarh? I read a thread detailing how an installer can BADLY install in GETZ don't want that happening.

@Navin
Which model would u suggest against GT660US of sony? I am looking for USB support (controllable by HU) and good output. these are available with sony. also, i m told there is a hassle with service in units like pioneer and kenwood against sony. simllarly for JBL and sony speakers. but I felt this was probably as the dealer was authorised dealer of sony

Also, u never mentioned the models i can use for the speakers. I do not want to modify the door panels. Can you also rate the speakers (with models if possible) in order of how you would rate them? Also I would like to know the breakup in setup to be used for front and back. I am a newbie in car systems and couldn't find a decent place to compare the quality of speakers in chandigarh. so am completely dependent on the theories of the gurus here.

please help.

Also,
Quote:
arent the GTO series components? and is 936e better than 937?
Old 17th July 2007, 13:43   #15

i am also looking for a good installer in chandigarh. any ideas guys? a thread i read focussed on how a bad installer can mess up the installation in GETZ.. worried me like hell.

@Navin
I am looking for a good HU with USB support (controllable by HU). I found GT660US (Rs. 8600) good for that. can u suggest models of makes like pioneer and kenwood which you would prefer compared to this? I think i want something better than Base model of any company.

Quote:
are JBL GTO937 and 936e coaxial or component?? I also heard 936e are better than 937. it that true?? wat bout infinity Reference 9613i??

after going through more threads... i am also confused whether I should go for 6x9 or 6" in door... although i peronally think 6x9 would obviously give better sound. No sub or amp for me right now though...maybe an amp late, no sub though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks