Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 17:44   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
OK, so instead of 2 6" and 2 4" speakers up front you suggest I go for a component set. How much is the approx price of the GTO607C? I think the CS2165c is around 4K?
There is a 507C but I guess it will be 5 inch.

So budget is no 13K(HU), 5K(Front), 6K(Amp), (5K) sub + wiring - discount and cheapness = 30K
Hey Tsk, I would also Recommend the 607 over the 507. You can listen to the 607 in my car if you want to guage the soundstage.

speed
Old 22nd May 2007, 17:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think GTO607C is 6.5k. you can get Sony(am gonna get flamed for this ) 4 ch amp without B&W for 5k(am using it & am happy ) Sony sub for 5k(12 inch). I belive Sony atleast in amps isnt as bad as it is in speakers & Since you are on budget hence the recommendations.
Old 22nd May 2007, 18:06   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Hiya tsk,

Looks like you've got all good advice. And all of it is correct.

Quote:
cheapness
note to moderator: Please use the correct word-Cheapacity.
Old 22nd May 2007, 21:26   #19
Team-BHP Support

So my system is more or less decided
1. 13+6+6+5 = 30K. Wiring extra - discounts. It stays within 30K.
Now about the HU part I am wondering.
The cheapest DVD+USB+DIVx player from JVC costs 9K grey, right?
A cheap screen can be had for 4K
If this can be brought down to 11-12K it will be great, otherwise I will postpone screen idea.

B&T do you think I should keep the front speakers in my indica? If I use them then I will save another 6K and can get a bigger sub and better amp . You have listened to the speakers, can two of them be used for a front soundstage(door ones)
Old 22nd May 2007, 22:23   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So my system is more or less decided
1. 13+6+6+5 = 30K. Wiring extra - discounts. It stays within 30K.
Now about the HU part I am wondering.
The cheapest DVD+USB+DIVx player from JVC costs 9K grey, right?
A cheap screen can be had for 4K
If this can be brought down to 11-12K it will be great, otherwise I will postpone screen idea.

B&T do you think I should keep the front speakers in my indica? You have listened to the speakers, can two of them be used for a front soundstage(door ones)
Sorry I entered this party late...lets see...30K budget...got some speakers in the front (what are they, where are they installed)...15K goes to HU+screen...15K left for amp, sub, and front speakers...
Amp: Blau at 6K
Sub: JBL 10" in box 5K
that leaves 4K for speakers...you can get JBL CS series 6" coax for that.
however if you are willing to sacrifice some definition in the bass and get a Pio sub instead you save 1K and that can get you better front speakers (5K) like the JBL CS 5" comps...

I don't know how much better the Blau amp is as compared to the Sony 554 but if you get the Sony you save 1K and can get the 6" CS components.

BTW the title should read "an expensive HU"

Last edited by navin : 22nd May 2007 at 22:25.
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
B&T do you think I should keep the front speakers in my indica? If I use them then I will save another 6K and can get a bigger sub and better amp . You have listened to the speakers, can two of them be used for a front soundstage(door ones)
Oh yeah, sure tsk. They were perfect when I heard them, and if thats the way they still are, please salvage them.
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:51   #22
Team-BHP Support

Thanks B&T. The four speakers work good. I can use the 2 door ones as they give me good midbass. For treble and high notes I can either use the 4 inchers or get new 2 way speakers, GTO 427. 4 Inchers perfect for dash fitment.
That way I spend (13K+2.5K+6K+5K) and stay well within budget!
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Oh yeah, sure tsk. They were perfect when I heard them, and if thats the way they still are, please salvage them.
Tanveer - I think Ajay is being sarcastic here!!!
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Get outta here before we fit 4 tyres in the front of your OHC.

Edit:

On a serious note, I am not kidding Tanveer here. I know he is seriously happy with the sound he has in his car, the one I heard at the Delhi meet. He is clearly not gunning for drop-dead SQ, or to achieve immaculate imaging etc. Not that he isn's exposed to that sort of sound. He has, I'm sure, heard many installs thanks to Gunbir, JB & co. but his taste is his choice. I mean, he has listened, he has decided. The additional amount of sound in the front pleases him, there is no need to convert such a person.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 23rd May 2007 at 12:06.
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:59   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well they are Pioneers not Exploding ones . So I guess he is right

Quote:
He does not need tyres. Its a boat now.
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, but I think your Sierra needs them more than my car

Quote:
He does not need tyres. Its a boat now.
Not any more boss, suspension work under progress. Car should be ready soon, till then driving Mum's Santro around!!

Last edited by iraghava : 23rd May 2007 at 12:12.
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, but I think your Sierra needs them more than my car
Nice idea! Four tires should do a better job of flattening you out than two. Let me speak to my modifier and get back to you.
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:12   #28
Team-BHP Support

Yup B&T is right I like a front soundstage.
I am open to either new compos, any may leave the indica intact if I can save up on HU. 30K is the absolute limit, the cheaper the better.
The way it looks now I will forgo the screen, and focus on the speakers.
Screen can come in later.
My priority is that the speakers have to be very very distortion free and capable of playing good volumes.
From this thread I reckon rather than coaxials in front, If I have components in front it will sound better.
Since I am not having any coax in rear, will just 2 speakers + 2 tweeters be enough for decent sound, or I will need 4 speakers.
One way I can do is retain the 51/2(or 6) inchers from the indica, and add the GTO 2 way 4" speakers for the dash.

Also want to know about amp and sub.
For 10K total which is a good setup for Amp+Sub+box. Can go upto 12K if the SQ improvement will be real good.

As for Sub's what is the "usable" frequency response of a sub. Upto 300Hz or so?

I also don't want the setup to be bright. I just want a kind of "clear" sound. Something like the Dolby advert before movie in cinemas, but not like the DTS advert, thats a bit jarring.
People who are from chennai or kerala will know what adverts I am talking about
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since I am not having any coax in rear, will just 2 speakers + 2 tweeters be enough for decent sound, or I will need 4 speakers.
One way I can do is retain the 51/2(or 6) inchers from the indica, and add the GTO 2 way 4" speakers for the dash.

Also want to know about amp and sub.
For 10K total which is a good setup for Amp+Sub+box. Can go upto 12K if the SQ improvement will be real good.
Tanveer - Here are some prices for you:

JBL 607 - 6.5k
JBL 4-12 Sub - 5k
Box - 1.5k
Wiring Kit - JBL - 3k, Boss or the likes would be much less, I would suppose under 1k
HU - Depends on what you want
Amp - Now here is the problem, to drive the woofer & the comps the minimum acceptable amp is the Pio 6200 which is about 7.5k (grey) but preferred is JBL 75.4 which is 13k (B&W) since in a sealed box, and for a big car like the Dicor you need all the power you can get.

So this setup can be accomodated within 30k provided you have an HU costing around 7k, if it's more than you'll have to increase the budget.

P.S. These are retail prices, discounts are available on most of the stuff, so that should lower the final figure.

Quote:
Nice idea! Four tires should do a better job of flattening you out than two. Let me speak to my modifier and get back to you.
Ok but wouldn't you need to start her first? That's important considering that she's been standing idle for over a week!!!!! Maybe the engine mounts are already rusted by now & it'll fall out the moment you crank her

Last edited by iraghava : 23rd May 2007 at 12:20.
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:30   #30
Team-BHP Support

I know that my budget would start exploding soon, but never expected a tyre dealer to do it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks