Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 15:06   #1

Need an ICE advice for Swift -- Budget: 15-20K

Hello,

This is my second post in this forum. I was thrilled to see overwhelming response to my earlier post "Which car to buy?". Thank you all for your valuable time and advice! I have finally booked SWIFT - VXI, arriving home in about a couple of days! Thank you, bhpians!!

// Believe me, i've spent umpteen hours and several days searching for a good ICE configuration between 15-20K budget on this forum. Though every moment has been really worth it, however with each post i go through - it is getting more and more confusing. Therefore, instead of scraping this, please respond with your expert advice//

I am looking for an HU with a USB 2.0 port along with AUX input. I also need a SUB alongwith an AMP. Please suggest me the best possible ICE configuration within 15-20K range.

Please also share do's/dont's for ICE setup w.r.t. SWIFT. Do you know any reliable places to get ICEing done in Delhi ? Thanks again, in advance!

-harry
Old 22nd May 2007, 15:44   #2
BHPian

You can probably go in for grey stuff if you want all the features in the HU and also a sub and amp. Because it might be difficult to accomodate USB HU, front + rear speakers, amp and sub for 15-20k. IMO you can consider stretching the budget a little bit (like all BHPians end up doing
Old 22nd May 2007, 15:49   #3
BANNED

Hi and welcome to the most wicked section of Team-BHP.

I suggest you go to DRIVEN at Mayapuri. He is a good informed installer and he stocks good ICE equipments. He is also a team-Bhpian.

You should look for 5k HU, 5K front components, 5k amp, 3k sub. Rest, you will have to spend a bit on quality wiring, box and labour.
Old 22nd May 2007, 15:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for an HU with a USB 2.0 port along with AUX input.
A Pioner 7950UB fits the bill perfectly but it costs 10k(grey) and 12k(B&W)

Quote:
5K front components, 5k amp, 3k sub.
5K - JBL CS Series Compos
5k - Sony 554 amp
3k - Pio 307C
2k - Wiring & making a enclosure for the sub.

Above prices are rough estimates.

You can get a Sony CDX-GT460U for 6k (grey) & 8k with B & W

Last edited by BUSA : 22nd May 2007 at 15:58.
Old 22nd May 2007, 16:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP ICE, Harry!

You'll fond most of what you want to know here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...io-thread.html

AND here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...k-25k-30k.html

You'll find good HU recommendations (similar to your requirements) in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ensive-hu.html

The Swift has provision for 6 to 6.5" speakers in the front doors & rear doors. You can get ovals (6x9") installed on an MDF parcel-tray if you want to skip using the rear doors, or if you want 6x9s.

For 15 to 20K:
HU: 8K-10K (JVC/Sony/Kenwood/Pio7950: since you need a HU with USB input with speakers within this budget. Most HUs above 6K, esp. Pios will have aux-in implemented one way or the other).
Fronts: 5K (JBL CS2165c 6.5" 2-way comps)
Rears: 3K (JBL2165 6.5" coaxials)

Getting a sub & amp also within 20K will be tough and you'll have to compromise for not-so-good equipment all through. Adding a Sub and Amp will also involve at least 2K additional for power & RCA wiring.

I'd suggest getting 6.5" speakers for the rear for now and doing the amp & sub later. Or you can skip the rear speakers now and get an amp & sub instead by stretching the budget just bit.

Sub: Pio306C (about 3K)
Amp: Pio 6200 (about 7K) or the Blau GTA special (6k) mentioned in the 3rd link I posted above. You can use these amps to run your front components & the sub.

Last edited by hydrashok : 22nd May 2007 at 16:07.
Old 22nd May 2007, 17:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Hello,

I am looking for an HU with a USB 2.0 port along with AUX input. I also need a SUB alongwith an AMP. Please suggest me the best possible ICE configuration within 15-20K range.

-harry
If you're very particular about all these features, you'll either have to settle for Sony (Did I hear someone scream compromise? ) or you'll have to spend 9,500+ on the Pio 7950. If you have a budget of 20k, it would be very hard to get these features on the HU AND a good set of amps, speakers and sub.
Old 22nd May 2007, 20:23   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
like Hydra said
8K for the HU
8K for speakers
add sub and amp later (budget 15K for this)

OR if you want BOOM now

5K for HU (Pio 2950 or Blau Mumbai) just dont expect USB etc...
6K for coax in front and rear
8K for sub (4K with box) and amp (Sony 552 for 3K) and pair of RCA wire (1k)
1K for install
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:20   #8

Quote:

Thank you gopz, speedzak, BUSA, hydrashok, rocksterraghu and navin for your responses. After seeing your suggestions, i think i should shell another 5k which increases my budget for a good ICEing upto 25K now. I checked out the Pio 7950 today and i'll be buying it for sure. All you experts, please send me the best Possible configuration with Subs and AMP.

I am very fussy about buying everything with B/W. So Grey is a NO NO!

Speedzak, do you have any contact number for DRIVEN in Mayapuri please?

Thank you!
Are there any other places to get good ice'ing and accessories done in West Delhi?
Old 24th May 2007, 03:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After seeing your suggestions, i think i should shell another 5k which increases my budget for a good ICEing upto 25K now. I checked out the Pio 7950 today and i'll be buying it for sure. All you experts, please send me the best Possible configuration with Subs and AMP.

Another budget increase...

for sub and amp combo i would also consider JBL sub and for amp my latest favorite 75.4 it can drive your component in the front and the subs in the back.....and I would suggest to drop any rear door speakers as they dont sound right there ( I have a swift) put ovals in the tray if you want to put any rear speakers (as I am not using none) and power them through the HU...
Old 24th May 2007, 10:01   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Speedzak, do you have any contact number for DRIVEN in Mayapuri please?
Here is DRIVEN (Manik's) number ....please USE PM.

Last edited by navin : 24th May 2007 at 11:06.
Old 24th May 2007, 10:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Here is DRIVEN (Manik's) number
Sir I think we must not put mobile numbers directly on the forum it can be misused....

Last edited by navin : 24th May 2007 at 11:06.
Old 24th May 2007, 23:50   #12
BHPian

Yeah right....LBM.

And Navin thanks for editing my post.

Though I can take out so many posts where mobile numbers have been freely posted but there was no objection at all but I don't want to because its of no use absolutely.

Harry you have my PM regarding DRIVEN's details.

Last edited by Autophile : 24th May 2007 at 23:52.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Yeah right....LBM.

And Navin thanks for editing my post.

Though I can take out so many posts where mobile numbers have been freely posted but there was no objection at all but I don't want to because its of no use absolutely.

Harry you have my PM regarding DRIVEN's details.
No problem Sir it was for the better only.....So Harry what are your final equipment planned....

and as suggested by Autophile....go to Driven he is a good installer...
Old 28th May 2007, 23:18   #14

Look at the Icing!

Thank you Autophile and LBM and others who responded earlier!

I have got my Swift Iced with :

HU: Pio 7950
Front : JBL Comp GTO Series - 607
Rear: JBL GTO Series - 937

And that's it! Believe me, this sounds just great! Performance beyond my expectations!

I just wanted to know, where to get the rear USB and Aux cable for Pio 7950 from? To my wonder, the box didnt have that!

Thank you, everyone!
Old 29th May 2007, 09:57   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi harry,

Your title says "look at the ICing" but i cannot see any pics. Where did you get your setup from? Any install pics?

Good you went for the GTO series. They are nice. What made you go for them? Since i saw some CS advice...

Congratulations! and I'm glad you are happy with the sound.

Most Viewed