Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 18:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
oo,something goi9ng on out here.guys you made me feel conned,this my friend's set up who trusted me and moral.yes moral we go today and ask him for the bill.
Sure we'll do buddy. We'll go tomorrow for this. I am tied up at work.
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

About fake/grey products,

I'd insist on a bill and MANUFACTUERS warranty if I was buying from my MOM.

It is for your protection. The dealer could be misled and might give you a fake product not knowing it is not a geunine product. I also ask my dealer to stamp and date my Warranty card and mail it in. Initially I used to mail my cards in myself but now I a bit lax.

There is no crime in asking for the bill. Damn it you paid him real money and I dont think any dealer will feel bad if you asked for a bill.
Old 22nd May 2007, 22:58   #18
BHPian

The midbass installation on the front doors is poor. The overall install is average not doing justice to the equipment.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:01   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
The midbass installation on the front doors is poor. The overall install is average not doing justice to the equipment.
Care to elaborate sir? It would help in improvement. This was done by a local installer and it would be good to help him improve.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:11   #20
BHPian

Very basic thing...The installer should have made oval spacer ring with circular mounting hole for the midbass. In which case the aging door would have got hidden and eventually the front doors would have looked more pleasing than what it is right now with incorrect size spacer ring.

Last edited by Autophile : 22nd May 2007 at 23:14.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:23   #21
Team-BHP Support

JB I think you missed my post where I said we are going to make some cosmetic changes to this car. I thought there was something technically wrong in the install except for the boxes for 6x9's.

Well to elaborate we are going to change the fabric on door panels to art leather which should take care of the hole that you see in the door pad off the stock speaker grill. If you observed carefully enough we have bound 2 MDF spacer rings to each other to make way for the mounting depth of the midbass.
The 6x9's will go on an MDF tray by Sunday since the boxes take up the boot space and he also needs the boot to keep his beer bottles.

The fabric on the amp mounted ply will change to carpet to give it a better look. When we did this install he was on a tight budget hence we did not give much importance to the looks. Now since Payam's girlfriend is happy with the sound we will make it look better cosmetically too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Very basic thing...The installer should have made oval spacer ring with circular mounting hole for the midbass. In which case the aging door would have got hidden and eventually the front doors would have looked more pleasing than what it is right now with incorrect size spacer ring.
Old 23rd May 2007, 00:01   #22
BHPian

Let's hope by next Monday, there's another thread posted by moral for my install too. I was supposed to get my Palio iced up last weekend along with Payam's friend's car .. but, got caught up in some things. So, expect another Pune install coming weekend ...
Old 23rd May 2007, 00:03   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
So, expect another Pune install coming weekend ...
LOL its raining audio in Pune.
Old 23rd May 2007, 02:30   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
LOL its raining audio in Pune.
I dont trust Music Corner for his stuff. I had my first CD Changer fitted from him in my 118 NE in 1990. It was a Pioneer setup. At that time also there was a big descrepancy and he had no idea how to install it. He left the transport bolts in place and the damping mechanism wasnt working which made the CD skip a lot. I had to write to pioneer to find out what the trouble was. He had then charged us 4000 more than those being sold in Mumbai. But we didnt have much option in those days.. During another install in 1992 I found out that he had installed used speakers and since then I stopped going there..
I have no idea about how things are now..

The sound must be good but the front door install is terrible. The spacers are smaller that the plastic cover of the speaker and carpet used it not matching at all. They could have easily used a grey coloured PVC leather or ART leather which would have matched the door trim of a the MATIZ.

What JB means is that the template on the front door should have been that of a shape of a 6x9 and the hole cut in it should have been a 6 inch, which would have hidden the marks of the older speakers and the new midrange would fitted in it.

Cheerss
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JB I think you missed my post where I said we are going to make some cosmetic changes to this car. I thought there was something technically wrong in the install except for the boxes for 6x9's.
Oh, cosmetic changes to the car. I thought you were talking about yourself there, something involving silicon or the like.

Anyway, are you still disturbed, or you got the bill and warranty?
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:13   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Oh, cosmetic changes to the car. I thought you were talking about yourself there, something involving silicon or the like.
No we are getting the car and the owner cosmetically changed. Here is his picture, any suggestions? Whatever it is Payam doesn't want his girl to lose hair:

Quote:
Anyway, are you still disturbed, or you got the bill and warranty?
Still disturbed. The guy at Music corner is not answering my calls. I smell a rat here. Will pay him a visit today in the evening.
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:49   #27
BHPian

Moralfibre, just a few questions:

01. Can you tell me the difference in sound between the front and the rear speakers? (assuming you use the fader to figure out the difference)

02. Which one produces more base?

03. Are you able to use the full amplification of the Amplifier?

04. Where is the "sweet spot" created?

05. Are you able to extract sub 100Hz frequency from the front speakers effectively?

06. Any body/panel vibrations seen at high loudness?

07. Is the combined sound biased towards the mid range (rock/metal - usual with Infinity)?
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
This was done in a friend and fellow team-bhpian Payam's wife's car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by payam
this my friend's set up who trusted me and moral
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Now since Payam's girlfriend is happy with the sound we will make it look better cosmetically too.

Quote:
No we are getting the car and the owner cosmetically changed. Here is his picture, any suggestions? Whatever it is Payam doesn't want his girl to lose hair:

I dont wanna go to Iran ever. Mommmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy!
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

I dont wanna go to Iran ever. Mommmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy!
I was confused initially too, but reading this thread with the pics Moral posted in Viper's OHC thread (and the related posts there where the uh... "wife" was mentioned) cleared the air
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:28   #30
Team-BHP Support

Payam has a wife and a GF? Brave Man.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks