Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 00:22   #1
BHPian

Speaker size for Palio Stile 1.6 Sports?

Hey guys,

I'm gonna be getting my Palio stile 1.6 sports in a few days (if the dealer sticks to his word) and am wondering what ICE i should setup. I currently have a really good one setup in my WagonR - pioneer HUD with JBL GTO series at the back n some basic nonsense in front. Sounds good enough for me (i spent <Rs.10000 on this).

Intend to do the same with the palio. My only concern is about the speaker sizes that fit in the palio. Will 6 X 9" fit the back?? If not (cuz ive read somewhere its only 4"), then do you get good 4 inch 3 way speakers?? Something that would compare with the GTO series?
Old 28th May 2007, 00:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi! Your Stile 1.6 would perhaps be the first one on the Forum. Do give us a review of the car once you get it and get comfortable with it.

If its anything like the Palio (which it is likely to be) the Stile would have a provision for 6" to 6.5" speakers in front (with spacers) and a 5.25" provision in the back.

You can get 6x9s in the back if you get an MDF parcel tray fitted in the back. I used to have such a setup a while back in my Palio.

I doubt if you get 4" 3-way coaxials, but then you don't need them, do ya?
Old 28th May 2007, 12:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
then do you get good 4 inch 3 way speakers?? Something that would compare with the GTO series?
4" 3way. whatever for?
Old 28th May 2007, 14:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
4" 3way. whatever for?
At least Fiat Adventure, has OEM provision only for a 4". May be it is the same for Palio Stile 1.6 also.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:48   #5
BHPian

okay, please forgive my ignorance in advance here.

I've always been under the assumption that 6 X 9 speaker provide better sound than 4" speakers (and 6 X 9 allow 3 way speakers as opposed to 4").
Now, if the back of the car only allows 4 inch speakers (and i dont wanna get a subwoofer - its way out of my budget) i was wondering whether you get 4" speakers that sound as good as the 6 X 9's.

*Phew, that was confusing!!*
Old 28th May 2007, 15:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
okay, please forgive my ignorance in advance here.

I've always been under the assumption that 6 X 9 speaker provide better sound than 4" speakers (and 6 X 9 allow 3 way speakers as opposed to 4").
Now, if the back of the car only allows 4 inch speakers (and i dont wanna get a subwoofer - its way out of my budget) i was wondering whether you get 4" speakers that sound as good as the 6 X 9's.

*Phew, that was confusing!!*
Relax! 6x9s give better bass response than 4" speakers. And generally, they do sound better.

The back of the Stile allows for 5.25" in the stock location (The Adventure allows for only 4", though.). You can use an MDF parcel tray (in place of the stock one) to get 6x9s in the back.

The number of "ways" in co-axials does not inherently indicate sound quality. A 3-way need not sound better than a 2-way. And most good 2-way coaxials sound better than 3-ways of lesser makes. About the 4 and 5 and 6 "ways" of Pioneer, well, the lesser said the better.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:51   #7
BHPian

Okay guys, i think i got my own answer cuz i went to drop off some papers with the dealer this evening, so i got the speaker slots checked out.

I can get 4" speakers in the front + it also is pre-wired for tweeters. At the back, it can hold 6" round speakers.

If i want 6 X 9, i need to cut up the tray at the back, so i think i'm gonna go ahead and do that. Can't wait to get the car. delivery should be end of next week (june 8th).
Old 29th May 2007, 22:14   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
At least Fiat Adventure, has OEM provision only for a 4". May be it is the same for Palio Stile 1.6 also.

I meant with a 4" midbass why do you need a midrange. Any good 4" midbass can crossover nicely to a tweeter. 3 ways usally are for larger speakers (6", 8" and more).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks