Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2007, 10:13   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Navin ji, a little OT here. I am not sure whether i am right or wrong, but shouldn't 'prescribe' be used here instead of 'subscribe'. Or is it something to with American / British english difference.

BTW what is epoxy cement ? Is it normal cement , white cement or some other special cement ?

CD players are fragile equipment and i guess CD will be more prone to scratches if the ride is very rough. If you are looking to buy a mp3 player, why not get a flash based mp3 player and connect it to aux in. No jhanjhat related to HU now.
prescribe is more proper as we on TBHP stick to Queen's English. Sorry.

Araldite is a commonly available epoxy cement

Many CD players have a buffer memory so that could help.
Old 31st May 2007, 10:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
BTW what is epoxy cement ? Is it normal cement , white cement or some other special cement ?

CD players are fragile equipment and i guess CD will be more prone to scratches if the ride is very rough. If you are looking to buy a mp3 player, why not get a flash based mp3 player and connect it to aux in. No jhanjhat related to HU now.

Araldite (or fevitite) is a type of epoxy cement......One more thing cement does not mean solid in raw shape it can be in viscous liquid shape also....

Ya now days pen drives has changed quite a lot of things.....
Old 31st May 2007, 10:39   #18
Team-BHP Support

How about using a rubber washer. I have seen that in heavy vibrating machinery many screws use rubber washers, and it ensures that the screws don't come loose.
Old 31st May 2007, 11:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

rubber washer is good but the quality of rubber which is required as rubber will detoriate with time and this type of rubber will not be avalable easily it is better to use spring washer which will keep the screw tight and it will not unscrew....

Spring Washers
Old 1st June 2007, 05:54   #20
BANNED

I've also seen some ICE Installers covering some sort of M-Seal like substance on all the screws.
Old 1st June 2007, 08:26   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
rubber washer is good but the quality of rubber which is required as rubber will detoriate with time
May not be that much of a problem in this specific case since the washers will be inside the car, and not much exposed to the elements, esp moisture.
Old 1st June 2007, 10:05   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
How about using a rubber washer. I have seen that in heavy vibrating machinery many screws use rubber washers, and it ensures that the screws don't come loose.
Hey if you are doing that why not consider a lock nut.
Old 1st June 2007, 10:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
May not be that much of a problem in this specific case since the washers will be inside the car, and not much exposed to the elements, esp moisture.
one would not get good quality rubber washers....they will get hard or crack even when installed inside the car cabin....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks