Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 01:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Dont know about others but I feel the Pio 7950 is much better than Sony Players, Especially the Sony DVD players have extremely bright highs and I had a very hard time tuning a setup with the same though it was fitted with Lightning Audio Strike series component speakers and an amp, no matter what I did it just did not sound as good as the components should sound.
Old 7th August 2007, 10:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
sice its without bill i dint get a manual and at present i am not in town to go and check with the dealer.
Never a good idea to accept any equipment without the manual and the original accessories (like extractor etc.) that come with it. Even if it is bought grey. Most of the times the original box is discarded to save space, but decent sellers retain everything else wrapped in plastic alongwith the set. Unless the set is accompanied by these, it could as well be a used piece that has been cleaned up and palmed off to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
P.S: i got a JBL 210W rear oval speakers and 6" front component speakers. BTW my car is swift VDi.
Good choice, maharaya! It would help to know the model numbers and see pics once you have them installed.
Old 7th August 2007, 10:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Dont know about others but I feel the Pio 7950 is much better than Sony Players, Especially the Sony DVD players have extremely bright highs and I had a very hard time tuning a setup with the same though it was fitted with Lightning Audio Strike series component speakers and an amp, no matter what I did it just did not sound as good as the components should sound.
Just walk into an eZone store and audition the "high-end" Sony HT (the one with the 4' tall silver and black multi-speaker towers).

The problem is endemic with Sony - no matter what you do you cannot bring down the "brightness" to tolerable levels; it will still sound like someone dropping empty steel vessels on the ground or chalk screeching across the blackboard.

If one has masochistic tendencies, one should walk into the Sony demo room at Sprocket Koramangala. The Sony ICE, with a little bit of help from the simple-minded demonstrator, will make desi 'boofers' and TS20s run for cover - or worse, commit suicide.
Old 7th August 2007, 15:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am confused now.. Some say that 6950 also comes with front USB interface and when i check the on pioneer SG website i cant even see USB in 7950 (in the picture). Is there any cable or anything that comes out from rear.

Plus one more thing how much does USB adapter costs for 6950 ?
Old 7th August 2007, 18:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I am confused now.. Some say that 6950 also comes with front USB interface and when i check the on pioneer SG website i cant even see USB in 7950 (in the picture). Is there any cable or anything that comes out from rear.

CD-UB100 is required..
Old 7th August 2007, 19:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

if you want usb support then go for the 7950, no doubt about it. the 6950 will need an extra kit that costs around 4k or something...
Old 7th August 2007, 19:50   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
Just thinking aloud. Can i plug in my portable 40gb harddisk (USB)
It's funny you should mention this. I've spent the whole weekend trying to do this to my BIL's 7950UB.

He has a 40GB fujitsu HDD in an original transcend casing. The transcend casing works mostly without any external power, just off the USB. However, there is an additional wire supplied with this casing, where one end is USB and the other looks like the end of a power adaptor. On my mac powerbook, I need to use 2 USBs to power it. I'm guessing this is because of the current limiter on the USB port.

The very first time I powered up the 7950UB (At home using a 3A 12V power supply) I connected this casing to it. It spun up perfectly and worked like a dream. Till I disconnected it. After that, no matter how many times I shut down or started, the HDD would go tick-tick-tick but not spin up fully, indicating a need for more current.

It did the same thing in the car. WOrked perfectly the first time we powered it up. But later, no matter how often we even disconnected the power, it did not spin up again.

The pioneer manual states that it can handle mass storage upto 250GB. It also states that the current limit on the USB port is 500mA. I'm guessing it's wither borderline or insufficient.
I have now found the perfect solution.

I'm going to power up the HDD using a USB cigarette lighter adaptor as well as the USB from the 7950. I am assuming this will work well.
Old 7th August 2007, 20:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

I'm going to power up the HDD using a USB cigarette lighter adaptor as well as the USB from the 7950. I am assuming this will work well.
I will wait for your update on this . I have the same fujitsu 40gb HDD but in a different casing and about 7 GB of songs.
Old 7th August 2007, 22:46   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The pioneer manual states that it can handle mass storage upto 250GB. It also states that the current limit on the USB port is 500mA..
my USB HDD claim they need 700mA each so I assume most USB HDDs would be in the 700mA-1A range.

Last edited by navin : 7th August 2007 at 22:47.
Old 8th August 2007, 13:52   #25
BHPian

Best Suited Speaker Combination?

Can anyone suggest the best suited speaker combination for Pioneer 7950UB? Any one tried with JBL 210W rear speakers and 165W component (front door) speakers?
Old 8th August 2007, 14:05   #26
BANNED

Waiting for LBM's reply over here and there http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post525555.
Old 10th August 2007, 13:44   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's funny you should mention this. I've spent the whole weekend trying to do this to my BIL's 7950UB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
I will wait for your update on this . I have the same fujitsu 40gb HDD but in a different casing and about 7 GB of songs.
It works perfectly.

I got a Cigarette lighter adaptor to USB for less than 200 bucks. It was 500mA. I guess the HDD now gets 500mA from the HU and 500mA from the lighter.

GO for it!
Old 10th August 2007, 22:23   #28
BHPian

Oh !! thats great news !!

Thinking aloud again

Is there an arrangement where one does not need the Head Unit. But use say, a mp3 player/amplifier combo and power the speakers.

I know this is just the aux facility available in the HU. But do i need a head unit at all, if i am going to use only mp3 players ?

Hope something is fundamentally not wrong with me
Old 10th August 2007, 22:28   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

No, I don't think there's something wrong with you. Read this.
Old 11th August 2007, 12:59   #30
BHPian

Price

Can someone help me with the price for which 7950 is available in Mumbai and also if possible please mention the place too. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks