Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2007, 23:56   #31
BHPian

Pioneer 7950UB Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Can someone help me with the price for which 7950 is available in Mumbai and also if possible please mention the place too. Thanks
Dude i recently got one fitted to my Swift VDi....

Without Bill its about Rs 8900/-
With Bill and warranty it 15K

I got the one in grey market without warranty. However i am happy with the performance.. Its neat....
Old 12th August 2007, 21:00   #32
BHPian

Need Suggestion on subwoofer

Guys i have pioneer 7950 installed in my swift. Performance is pretty neat.. However there is bit of a jarring at volume above 24. Dealer suggested me to go for a Amp and a subwoofer which would boost the performance.

I am confused now.... I have two choices. Either to go for a Blaupunkt tubular subwoofer or JBL tubular subwoofer. Could any one of you suggest which one would be a better option ?

My main concern is the space in the boot. Since tubular subwoofer would consume less space i have decided to limit my choice to this one.
Old 21st August 2007, 17:18   #33
BHPian

Since this is the query page for the headunit, i wanted to know a piece of information very badly.

Does this headunit allow us to go through the song list without actually having to change the song which is playing. Kind of like the alpine Headunits which have the folder browse or track browse button.
Old 15th September 2007, 22:08   #34
BHPian

Motorised faceplate

The dealer here is selling the 7950 for 9500/- without B&W. However he says that the motorised faceplate wont last long and i'll have to get it repaired for 2000/- or so. he suggested i buy the 5990IB with B&W for 9900/- instead.

Whats your take on this guys ?
Old 16th September 2007, 17:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
The dealer here is selling the 7950 for 9500/- without B&W. However he says that the motorised faceplate wont last long and i'll have to get it repaired for 2000/- or so. he suggested i buy the 5990IB with B&W for 9900/- instead.

Whats your take on this guys ?
He is obviously getting better margin on the 5990 than the 7950. If you check line by line, 7950 has more packed in it than 5990 with one exception: b&w. At grey cost, in the same ratio, the 5990 would cost 5.5K!

Apples v/s oranges comparison IMHO.

Maybe you should check with some other dealer. If your soul says "motorized front-plate" (in a long drawn out whhhiiiissssper like in Hindi serials), follow your soul by all means. Failure rate of the MFP is very low - Pioneer is quite reliable.

Last edited by DerAlte : 16th September 2007 at 17:56.
Old 16th September 2007, 17:52   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyrulez View Post
Since this is the query page for the headunit, i wanted to know a piece of information very badly.

Does this headunit allow us to go through the song list without actually having to change the song which is playing. Kind of like the alpine Headunits which have the folder browse or track browse button.
Yes it does.
Old 16th September 2007, 18:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Guys i have pioneer 7950 installed in my swift. Performance is pretty neat.. However there is bit of a jarring at volume above 24. Dealer suggested me to go for a Amp and a subwoofer which would boost the performance.

I am confused now.... I have two choices. Either to go for a Blaupunkt tubular subwoofer or JBL tubular subwoofer. Could any one of you suggest which one would be a better option ?

My main concern is the space in the boot. Since tubular subwoofer would consume less space i have decided to limit my choice to this one.
Maharaya, go step by step, don't be in a hurry. The amp and sub decisions are not related.

* What speakers are you using? Difficult to visualize your situation without that
* Sure, all HUs will clip at some volume or other. To overcome that you need an Amp AND good speakers to handle the amp output - otherwise the speakers will clip
* The sub is necessary if you need more boom, but depending on your music and listening choice even a pair of good 6x9 ovals on a stiffened and well-damped parcel tray can give you a lot of punch. Maybe not as good as a sub, but then a sub may cost you about 13-16K more comparatively. Make sure you decide by your choice and not by the dealer's choice.

- Not much to choose between the Blau and JBL tubes other than price
- A sealed sub is always better than a tube if you want to appreciate musical details in the low range. You can always make it removable to get the boot space when you want
- To save boot space, maybe you can consider the Spare Wheel Sub (search for the discussion on the same and Gunbir's step by step pics). With that you will have all the boot space
Old 17th September 2007, 00:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Your dealer is overemphasizing a rare problem. Stick to the thumb rule, you take of her - she'll take care of you (yes, both the girl operating the HU and the HU).

Pioneer HUs with B&W are not VFM, they are overpriced IMO.
Old 17th September 2007, 13:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
He is obviously getting better margin on the 5990 than the 7950. If you check line by line, 7950 has more packed in it than 5990 with one exception: b&w. At grey cost, in the same ratio, the 5990 would cost 5.5K!

Apples v/s oranges comparison IMHO.

Maybe you should check with some other dealer. If your soul says "motorized front-plate" (in a long drawn out whhhiiiissssper like in Hindi serials), follow your soul by all means. Failure rate of the MFP is very low - Pioneer is quite reliable.

he may have a point there, it may not cost 2 k but may need a repair , I am using 7950 for 3 months now and already facing problems. I take out the front panel every night. Now sometimes after refitting the panel the display does not turn on. I have to press it lightly for the display to come alive. Seems like a contact error problem. Thinking of changing my HU .Can anybody suggest any other good HU ( excepting Sony) with a usb input around the 11k range ??? I love the 7950 but it seems i dont have an option.
Old 17th September 2007, 13:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Really? I though 7950 was pretty good. LBM bhai....any suggestions?
Old 17th September 2007, 13:29   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
The sound quality is amazing no doubt , the thump from my rear 6"X9" is too evident , thats why i hate to part with it , thinking of going for a Blaupunkt memphis mp66 or memphis mp57, any idea how good is it ??
Old 17th September 2007, 13:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
This face plate removable is nice feature but not recommended for daily use. And I am using motorized face since last many years I never faces any problem.
Old 17th September 2007, 13:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
This face plate removable is nice feature but not recommended for daily use. And I am using motorized face since last many years I never faces any problem.

LBM bhai pls suggestion do, is there any workaround for the problem I am facing ??? Any small tweaks which I can do ??
Old 17th September 2007, 13:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Arent we supposed to remove the faceplate everytime we get out of the car, for security reasons ?
Old 17th September 2007, 13:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

@ Nikunj - As I told you time and again, removing the face plate everyday is not recommended. You already have a security system in your car plus its parked inside a guarded compound. Why do you need to remove the face plate everyday?
Most Pioneer HUs with motorized panels have some problem or the other. Though I have the 7950 now, I use a 4gig pen drives as source and leave the panel in peace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks