Team-BHP - WTB crossover network
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   WTB crossover network (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/24565-wtb-crossover-network.html)

Hi,
I am looking for a crossover which matches with Alpine 690A and Rockford Fosagte tweeters. If anyone has one to sell, PM me!

Thanks!

you can custom make one.here are the values of the same at which you wanna cut it off...but I think the alpine and rockford would match together....

LBM, that was very useful info, do you know anyone in Bangalore who can make this for me? And how much would it cost?

You can DIY with some few basic things from SP.Road :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 453060)
You can DIY with some few basic things from SP.Road :)

Well, Im prefer if someone can make it for me, because Im not too familiar with what cut off freq to use or which capacitors to buy etc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 453073)
Well, Im prefer if someone can make it for me, because Im not too familiar with what cut off freq to use or which capacitors to buy etc...

It is a two way choose some thing in between...2-4 khz now choose the capacitor and inductor accordingly from the above post

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 453111)
It is a two way choose some thing in between...2-4 khz now choose the capacitor and inductor accordingly from the above post

I still dint get you

How do I get the capacitors for 2-4k range? Does this mean I should get 2 different capacitors?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 453133)
I still dint get you

How do I get the capacitors for 2-4k range? Does this mean I should get 2 different capacitors?

it is not 2-4k range in rupess it is 2-4 Kilohertz range....i would suggest to drop the idea till you understand the thing completely or you will might damage the equipment...

Passive Crossovers

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 452908)
Hi,
I am looking for a crossover which matches with Alpine 690A and Rockford Fosagte tweeters. If anyone has one to sell, PM me!

the 690A has a tweeter. why do you want to do this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 453422)
the 690A has a tweeter. why do you want to do this?

Navin Ji I think he has the midbass of the alpine and the tweeter of the RF....

The 690A is a 6x9 coax from Alpine. One of the first 6x9s that I liked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 453538)
The 690A is a 6x9 coax from Alpine. One of the first 6x9s that I liked.

My bad Navin Ji......it thought it was a component......:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 453442)
Navin Ji I think he has the midbass of the alpine and the tweeter of the RF....

hi Navin, LBM, I have Alpine 690A (6x9) which I am using as rear speakers. I do not have front speakers, but I have RF tweeters instead. Do you think I can remove the tweeters and install 4" speakers? will it be better? (on a Maruti 800)

Ya sure it will help in bringing the sound stage upfront....and it will yield you better results......if budget permits try to put a component kit upfront that to of 6.5 inch size in the doors.....try finding a second hand one if tight on budget but this will improve the sound very much and it will be pleasure listing songs in the car.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 453645)
Ya sure it will help in bringing the sound stage upfront....and it will yield you better results......if budget permits try to put a component kit upfront that to of 6.5 inch size in the doors.....try finding a second hand one if tight on budget but this will improve the sound very much and it will be pleasure listing songs in the car.....

LBM, here is what I currently have:

Alpine 9846E HU (1 pre-out only)
RF tweeters on the dash
Alpine 690A (6x9, 3way) on the rear hatch door
Polk Audio 8" sub + JBL CS 60.2 amp in the boot

The speakers and tweeters are directly connected to HU but sub is connected thru amp (LPF on)

If I go in for components, will I have to remove the current Alpine speakers, or can I still keep them?

Will the current HU be able to support the component speakers (and rear) or will I have to buy another amp?

Considering the car is a M800, is it possible to install 6.5" components on the doors?

Please advise the best thing I can do on a tight budget.