Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2022, 11:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Motorola MA1 dongle offers wireless Android Auto capabilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
So, as I stumble upon this thread today, immediately placed the contribution with expected March 2022 delivery. USD105 including shipping to India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I also ordered the same; expected delivery of March 2022. The reviews are promising. I bought it for Creta SXO.
Did you folks receive the device in March? I am contemplating getting this but not confident because I have never bought from this platform
Old 1st April 2022, 11:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT56 View Post
Did you folks receive the device in March? I am contemplating getting this but not confident because I have never bought from this platform
It's delayed by a month due to lockdown in China. Currently my contribution is in "locked" status, means it's being prepared for shipping. As per their update should be shipped around 2nd April (hopefully by next week), after that expecting it to reach within two weeks (it's coming from Hong Kong). Lets see. I'll update here.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 1st April 2022 at 11:49.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 11:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I bought AAwireless from this platform, delivery was delayed but they were honest and transparent about it. I am very happy with the buy.
nandrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 11:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's delayed by a month due to lockdown in China. Currently my contribution is in "locked" status, means it's being prepared for shipping. As per their update should be shipped around 2nd April (hopefully by next week), after that expecting it to reach within two weeks (it's coming from Hong Kong). Lets see. I'll update here.
Quote:
Mine is also delayed, and supposed to reach this month. Will update once I get it. Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 16:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Mine is also delayed, and supposed to reach this month. Will update once I get it. Thanks
Important note - in case you get a notice of custom duties to be paid once it lands in India, please contact the AA Wireless support group. When I had received mine many months back (i was one of the initial backers), i ended up paying around 1k as customs. Apparently they ship with all duties prepaid. When they had to send me a second device (first one was giving issues - it was literally the first batch of production), the same thing happened and I got a notice. And this time, when i highlighted to them, they got it through customs without me paying anything.
praveen789 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 17:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
Important note - in case you get a notice of custom duties to be paid once it lands in India, please contact the AA Wireless support group. When I had received mine many months back (i was one of the initial backers), i ended up paying around 1k as customs. Apparently they ship with all duties prepaid. When they had to send me a second device (first one was giving issues - it was literally the first batch of production), the same thing happened and I got a notice. And this time, when i highlighted to them, they got it through customs without me paying anything.
Thank you for this information. I just received a notice from Overseas Logistics Pvt limited that I need to pay customs duty of Rs. 1780. I informed them that the sender has paid the duties.

How can I contact the AA Wireless support team? On the AAWireless contribution page on Indiegogo crowdfunding site, I see the option to contact the Campaigner. Is it the way? Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 18:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for this information. I just received a notice from Overseas Logistics Pvt limited that I need to pay customs duty of Rs. 1780. I informed them that the sender has paid the duties.

How can I contact the AA Wireless support team? On the AAWireless contribution page on Indiegogo crowdfunding site, I see the option to contact the Campaigner. Is it the way? Thanks
You would need to login on this site and create a ticket.

https://cpeb.freshdesk.com/support/home
praveen789 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 18:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Same here, got the call with same amount 1780. However on checking in "https://eccsmobility.cbic.gov.in/eicimobility/import" site with HAWB number (and importer name as Overseas Logistics P) it shows that customs duty is raised. And more over I think in one of the comments in indeigogo Emil or Chris mentioned that there is possibility of customs duty.

I also dropped a mail to them, lets see what they reply. (mailed to support@cpeb.freshdesk.com and cc to info@cpeb.it)

Update: got response from CPEB in 30min of my email, they said they are going to send email to shipping company. Lets see, hopefully no duty to be paid (not sure though). Fingers crossed.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 21st April 2022 at 19:10.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 19:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Same here, got the call with same amount 1780. However on checking in "https://eccsmobility.cbic.gov.in/eicimobility/import" site with HAWB number (and importer name as Overseas Logistics P) it shows that customs duty is raised. And more over I think in one of the comments in indeigogo Emil or Chris mentioned that there is possibility of customs duty.

I also dropped a mail to them, lets see what they reply. (mailed to support@cpeb.freshdesk.com and cc to info@cpeb.it)

Update: got response from CPEB in 30min of my email, they said they are going to send email to shipping company. Lets see, hopefully no duty to be paid (not sure though). Fingers crossed.
I'm 100 percent sure you won't have to pay duties. Just wait for a day or two and the shipment will get released.
Attached Thumbnails
Motorola MA1 dongle offers wireless Android Auto capabilities-screenshot_20220421191324_gmail.jpg  

Motorola MA1 dongle offers wireless Android Auto capabilities-screenshot_20220421191301_office.jpg  

praveen789 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 21:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I'm 100 percent sure you won't have to pay duties. Just wait for a day or two and the shipment will get released.
Thanks folks, I have emailed and also contacted the contributor in the indiego portal. Hope I do not have to pay it. Thanks

Last edited by PatienceWins : 21st April 2022 at 21:10.
Old 22nd April 2022, 11:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Update: I just received a mail from the local courier company that the parcel is in DPP mode and there are no charges to be paid from my end. Thanks
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Update: I just received a mail from the local courier company that the parcel is in DPP mode and there are no charges to be paid from my end. Thanks
Did you drop a mail to local courier company too? I did not get any mail from them after the duty required mail though.

Any way, did you get any local tracking number or your indiegogo tracking number showing Indian updates also?
Old 22nd April 2022, 14:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you drop a mail to local courier company too? I did not get any mail from them after the duty required mail though.

Any way, did you get any local tracking number or your indiegogo tracking number showing Indian updates also?
Yes, I replied to the local courier company mail asking me to pay customs duty requesting them to check with the overseas courier if it is paid. Today they replied to me that I do not have to pay any charge. You may also request them to check by replying to the mail.

I also sent an email to the overseas courier company using the details shared here.

I do not have any local tracking number. I am tracking using the tracking link available on indiegogo site. It says that the shipment in transit from malaysia.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 22nd April 2022 at 14:24.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 14:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
I have actually been using another such dongle for wireless Android auto. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/

I bought this through their Indiegogo campaign and while it took time to ship, its been absolutely seamless in usage. It's tiny in size and I stuck just above my usb port on the bottom of the roof of wireless charging cubby in my Hyundai Tucson. Good thing is that there have been software upgrades. But the best part is that it offers a bunch of customisations. For example you can change DPI, which in turn allows for navigation and music to run side by side just like apple carplay. Also, you can enable keyboard on screen even when your car is moving. Another positive is the speed of everything. Usually in-built Android auto wireless can be laggy. But no such problems here. The hardware inside is overprovisioned and on software side it's sort of a proxy for your phone so as far as car is concerned this dongle acts like a wired Android auto device.

For $65 it was a worthwhile spent to get Android auto wireless in Hyundai Tucson, which doesn't offer it otherwise.
Quote:
2 years back, sometime end of 2020 I was contemplating to get AAWireless from Indiegogo, researched but then forgot about it. So, as I stumble upon this thread today, immediately placed the contribution with expected March 2022 delivery. USD105 including shipping to India. Heard a lot good about it in international forums and now some confirm buy here in Team-bhp, did not see any reason to delay the order any more

I got the AAWireless device today. But after the device is setup. I am getting an error "The connected USB device is not supported" on the headunit. The wifi icon on mobile is showing exclamation mark, though the status is connected through Android Auto. I hope the device is supported in Hyundai Creta. I have emailed the support team.

Is there a list of vehicles supported by AAWireless? I could not find it and assumed that it would work with Creta 2020 as it works with Tucson.
Old 23rd April 2022, 14:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
..."The connected USB device is not supported" on the headunit. The wifi icon on mobile is showing exclamation mark, though the status is connected through Android Auto. I hope the device is supported in Hyundai Creta. I have emailed the support team....
I can't recall if I had the same issue or not but I had to remove my phone from list of paired devices for it to work. See if that works for you.

Most Viewed