Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 16:41   #1

Palio Stile-SLX - music system

Dear All,
This is my first post in TBHP. I am really amazed by the knowledge that the audio gurus have. I am hoping to collect some valuable suggestions from all the gurus here.
I am planning to book a Palio Stile-SLX very soon. Please advise me for which music system which will be best for this model. I think the car-comes with the wiring for 6 speakers.
I hope to install a decent music system in a budget of around 15-18K (both HU + speakers etc).
Also if anyone can suggest a good outlet, who does not sell fake stuff and is reasonable in prices, in Delhi – it will be really a big help for me. I don’t mind buying stuff from the grey market.
Thanks

[b]Mods note: Do not use font/colours tag.
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

18k budget.

HU - Pioneer 2950 or JVC Mp3 - around 4k(grey)
JBL - GTO 607 Compos - 6k
JBL 937 - 4k

I think Panky12345678910111213...infinty knows some one who gives at quite a cheap rate.
Old 2nd June 2007, 00:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

First of all, Welcome to Tbhp.

For 18k, get a Pioneer Hu, Jbl Compos for front and Jbl 6x9 for rear.

In future if you want to add amp and sub than get good Pioneer hu with three preout.

For more details about jbl pm Sam Kapasi.
Old 2nd June 2007, 03:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I think Panky12345678910111213...infinty knows some one who gives at quite a cheap rate.

I think Panky12345678910111213 ... is getting quite popular in ICE section these days...
Old 2nd June 2007, 17:10   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post

For more details about jbl pm Sam Kapasi.
I have 54 unread PMs and it's a mess. Why PM me? Ask me here. I don't sell JBL, so no point asking me for a deal or commercial details etc (which is normally done on PM, as it is not permitted on TBHP)
I can help you find a JBL dealer anywhere in India, but so can many others here and a copy of Autocar or overdrive.

Many have used the fact that they know me, to their advantage. Nice, I am happy if you are benefitted in any way. Get a discount or a good service if you know the guy at JBL, why not? This is a forum and I am your friend.

Audio advice - Why PM? If your question has a technically correct answer, this advice will benefit many, present and future.

Since we've already established that we all love each other and no question is stupid, why ask for audio advice in private?

I don't sepcifically mean this point in kidney's case, just needed to say this in the open forum.

PM me other questions. Travel, love, romance, getaways, hideways, holidays, affairs, wining and dining, personal questions that sort of thing.

Many do this already and are probably smiling right now seeing this PM.

But this part of the forum is about audio and let's SHARE our knowledge and discoveries and advice.

Thank you *bowing*
Old 2nd June 2007, 17:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

I agree....Many times I also get PM but I generally reply them on the forum and not by PM this way the person get to know the meaning of a FORUM which is to SHARE KNOWLEDGE.
Old 2nd June 2007, 17:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

I thought one can get fast reply on pm so i suggested to pm but anyways...
Old 2nd June 2007, 21:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Travel, love, romance, getaways, hideways, holidays, affairs, wining and dining, personal questions that sort of thing.
Haha Sam, your funny, do you really get the above one in bold from bhpians
Old 3rd June 2007, 03:29   #9
BHPian

I am thinking who might be sending love, romance & affairs PM to him. The percentage of girls in the forum isn't much anyways.
Old 3rd June 2007, 09:48   #10
Team-BHP Support

I feel Sam's pain. Not being a Guru or a Pro I dont get as many PMs as him but PMing for these queries runs counter to the spirit of this forum.

A question asked publicly will get answers from multiple people and hence you will have more ideas.

A question answered puiblicly SHOULD help all those who have similar questions later.
Old 3rd June 2007, 12:19   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
I am thinking who might be sending love, romance & affairs PM to him. The percentage of girls in the forum isn't much anyways
No, no you misunderstand me. Not the girls.

The guys who are having such matters, they PM me for ideas on things lol. For example, where can I go this weekend with my special lady friend, must be quiet etc. etc. Sometimes more complicated questions. I can help, so I do
THESE questions deserve PMs.

Not, what speakers should I fit in my skoda.

That's my point.
Old 3rd June 2007, 14:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The guys who are having such matters, they PM me for ideas on things lol.
Ideas or something else Sam? Where is Kanta Bhen
Old 1st April 2008, 17:10   #13
BHPian

I have booked a Palio Stile SLX 1.1, and need suggestions for a good music system upto 15K.

Stile SLX comes with slots for 4 speakers, two on the front doors, and two on the rear left and right corner. I wish to install speakers in this place, which limits my choice to only round speakers (I think 4" front, and 6" rear, though I am not sure).

Can someone suggest a good HU, and speaker set for the Stile SLX? Also, I was impressed by the pioneer USB HU. Thanks.

I am based in Pune, and will also appreciate recommendations for shops that can get me a better deal on the music system.

-choombak
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:29   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by choombak View Post
Can someone suggest a good HU, and speaker set for the Stile SLX? Also, I was impressed by the pioneer USB HU.
HU+ 4 speakers for 15K?

HU: Pioneer, JVC, Blaupunkt (6K)
Speakers: JBL GT5, Illusion Electra, Blau THx (9K for 4).
Old 5th April 2008, 04:09   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by choombak View Post
I have booked a Palio Stile SLX 1.1, and need suggestions for a good music system upto 15K.

I am based in Pune, and will also appreciate recommendations for shops that can get me a better deal on the music system.

-choombak
Hey Choombak even i am researching on iceing my swift and would like to share my discoveries. Where do you stay in Pune? If you are at all willing to consider Blaupunkt then go to Ekco Sales and Service at Law College Road next to CCD. They are authorised dealer for Blaupunkt the guy there is approachable and will allow you to audition all the series that are on demo. Does installation also. Do share your experience. Dont forget to take your collection of Music if possible Audio CD along with MP3.

You can consider this setup = HU + Front Components + Rear Coaxial.
Dont go for Grey market stuff if possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks