Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2015, 21:41   #136
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Alto

I just installed a Pioneer HU (DEH-X16UB)in my Alto, which is performing formidably. You can check the specs on Pioneer website. It has what you want- CD/AUX/USB. I got it installed from Maruti and they charged 5200/-. If you buy it aftermarket you may get it at a better price.
techiecal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 19:23   #137
BHPian

Basic ICE for Alto K10?

Hey Gurus,

My dad drives an Alto K10 and his travel time is almost 3 hours to his hospital and this happens 3-4 times a week.
Now there has been long and far discussions on how a basic ICE would soothe his driving experience, yet he maintained till now that he didn't require one.
I had recently replaced the front speakers of my i10, Sony coaxials and they are with me now.
So what I intend to do is that add those to alto's front speakers, get a basic HU which plays FM, CD and USB input.
Though the Sony is in good condition, yet in my i10, I could never feel that they were there (may be due to JBL6x9 on the rear) - so would it be advisable to use those for the time being?

Now I am not looking at a very high-level setup and but a decent HU which can do the above and may be, rear coaxial also to enhance and compensate what Sony front ones do.

Please advice on the decent + economic options to do so.
Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd March 2016, 23:41   #138
BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Alto

Can somebody please tell the speaker size that the Alto 800 front doors can accommodate?

Attaching an image from the Official Review page for reference.

Last edited by five46 : 3rd March 2016 at 23:42. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed