Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 09:24   #31
BHPian

vebmetal try getting in blaupunkt HU from the dealer..bargain dude..
i did it for my santro have Maui MP36 HU now. Not too great but serves my purpose. Fitted JBL compos ahead. Thinking what to fit in rear and do i need a sub and a amo in a santro?
Old 13th June 2007, 10:15   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainak View Post
do i need a sub and a amo in a santro?
a sub and an amp will allow you to play louder and lower (bass) so it depends on what you are expecting your car audio system to do.
Old 13th June 2007, 11:31   #33
BHPian

i sure do need good bass and midd range..
could u suggest me a set for 10-12k max for rear speaker, amp nd sub?
Old 13th June 2007, 12:34   #34
Team-BHP Support

10-2K wont cover all 3. For 4K you could get a pair of 6x9 for the rear. Add 1K for a MDF rear board. now oy have 5-7K left. Since you cant get a sub and amp for 5-7K just get the amp. The Pio 6200 will do nicely. It will power your fornt and rear speakers.
Old 7th August 2007, 12:34   #35
BHPian

Hi Friends and all Gurus !
I was just googling on the net and found out this forum just a couple of days before and voila this is what I was looking for...a complete guide to ICE !

Actually I am buying car(Alto Lxi) in the Next Week and was searching for some guide on ICE but was unable to get some good info untill I came across this forum and u know what, all my doubts were cleared in a day !!@!@!@!@!@!@!

What a fabulous forum it is. I was a complete kaddu on ICE and now I know abc of ICE atleast !

For the same I am really thankful to all the Members of this group and a special thanks to all the gurus. Without it I can never think if buying a good ICE.

After reading all your opinion I went to a shop in Karol Bagh "Shoppers Point" and he gave me this quotation (Budget around 12000):
Pioneer 5950 HU : Rs. 5750
JBL 0937(Rear) 6x9 : Rs. 2900
JBL 2104(Front) : Rs. 1300
Connectors : 100
Bluetooth Auxiliary : 225
Fitting Charges : 150.

So total coming to around 10500..well its within my budget .
The problem is that all accessories are without B&W. HE is saying that if I want warranty, the cost will escalate to almost double.

Now I request you to please guide me on the following points :

1. Should I go for the accessories without B&W ?
2. Whether the shop is reliable ???
3. Whether I am going for good ICE ??

Please please advice me on above points and I will be really grateful to all of you

Thanks in Advance !

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2007 at 01:24. Reason: excessive dots removed
Old 7th August 2007, 14:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi Friends and all Gurus !
I was just googling on the net and found out this forum just a couple of days before and voila this is what I was looking for...a complete guide to ICE !

Actually I am buying car(Alto Lxi) in the Next Week and was searching for some guide on ICE but was unable to get some good info untill I came across this forum and u know what, all my doubts were cleared in a day !!@!@!@!@!@!@!

What a fabulous forum it is. I was a complete kaddu on ICE and now I know abc of ICE atleast !

For the same I am really thankful to all the Members of this group and a special thanks to all the gurus. Without it I can never think if buying a good ICE.

After reading all your opinion I went to a shop in Karol Bagh "Shoppers Point" and he gave me this quotation (Budget around 12000):
Pioneer 5950 HU : Rs. 5750
JBL 0937(Rear) 6x9 : Rs. 2900
JBL 2104(Front) : Rs. 1300
Connectors : 100
Bluetooth Auxiliary : 225
Fitting Charges : 150.

So total coming to around 10500..well its within my budget .
The problem is that all accessories are without B&W. HE is saying that if I want warranty, the cost will escalate to almost double.

Now I request you to please guide me on the following points :

1. Should I go for the accessories without B&W ?
2. Whether the shop is reliable ???
3. Whether I am going for good ICE ??

Please please advice me on above points and I will be really grateful to all of you

Thanks in Advance !
hey dude, i got an almost identical setup for my swift (jbl cs2165 for the front is the only difference)
the head unit i got without bill and the dealer, who is a friend of mine said that the head unit is very reliable, just dont get water near it or put in cd's upside down because that will destroy the head immediately..

take someone who knows about systems and just confirm that the speakers are original (they should be because there isn't much market for chinese jbl's)

by a good wooden board for your 937's (high quality one) not one which is perforated and dampens the sound. it should cost you around 700-900 bucks.

buy/download some good music and enjoy your new ICEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2007 at 01:25. Reason: quoted post edited
Old 7th August 2007, 14:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be a good setup. I got a similar setup in my matiz but the HU is 6950(well worth the extra 1000 bucks) and the fronts are cs 2104. Btw mount your rear speakers on an MDF tray. Also wha is the bluetooth auxillary????
Old 7th August 2007, 14:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
This seems to be a good setup. I got a similar setup in my matiz but the HU is 6950(well worth the extra 1000 bucks) and the fronts are cs 2104. Btw mount your rear speakers on an MDF tray. Also wha is the bluetooth auxillary????
the 6950 doesnt have any advantages other than the dolphin display and the eq settings. the output is the same as the 5950
Old 7th August 2007, 14:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Forget the 'dolphin display'(actually there's no dolphins in this one-spaceship!! he he!!) The main advantage is the list feature by which u can see all the folders, subfolders and songs listed and can select the desired song without going through each and every song onr fter the other. Also the joystick(i think its called the rotaty commander o something) is much easier to use than the normal buttons.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:50   #40
BHPian

yeah but the sound output is the same... is it really worth paying 1k extra just so that you can scroll songs easily?
Old 7th August 2007, 14:55   #41
BHPian

Hi JayD,
Thanks for replying.
Can you just tell me what is MDF tray and from where i should get one. Sorry for stupid questions !

According to the dealer, the auxiliary will enable me to attend the call on my bluetooth enabled phone. I dont know whether its possible or not with that auxiliary.

Also can somebody tell me the name and address of reliable dealers i New Delhi ?????????/
I am new to Delhi....just 2 months old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please somebody help.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2007 at 01:26. Reason: excessive dots removed.
Old 7th August 2007, 14:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

hmmm... i think so! but opinions may vary!
Old 7th August 2007, 15:31   #43
BANNED

Output of almost all the Pioneer HUs are same. It is mostly 50W peak per channel and 18-23W in RMS.
Does that mean that buying higher end Pioneer HUs are not necessary? It depends on the usable features.

I would've bought 6950 above 5950 in a similar circumstance.
Huh! No! I will buy CS2165C in place of 2104 and forget about the HU. How about a 1k increase and doing both together? Hmmm..... Sounds nice!
Old 7th August 2007, 15:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Forget the 'dolphin display'(actually there's no dolphins in this one-spaceship!! he he!!) The main advantage is the list feature by which u can see all the folders, subfolders and songs listed and can select the desired song without going through each and every song onr fter the other. Also the joystick(i think its called the rotaty commander o something) is much easier to use than the normal buttons.
You mean it will display the songs on the screen of the HU ? That is nice... What is dolphin display btw
Old 7th August 2007, 15:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

The Organic Electroluminescent Display (OEL display) is dolphin display. As pioneer had released its first HU with OEL display, which had dolphins Animation, these displays are called dolphin display (but cant see any dolphins).

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2007 at 01:28. Reason: readability improved

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks