Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 18:24   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
You mean it will display the songs on the screen of the HU ? That is nice... What is dolphin display btw
songs will be displayed in both HU's, it's just that you'll get some pretty cool looking animations in the 6950 and 7950

instead of spending 1k extra on the head unit, go for cs2165 for the front... as someone already mentioned
Old 7th August 2007, 18:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

@ abhibh, yes u'll be able to see the songs in the disc and the folders, have a look at the pics, hope it helps. Also the hoystic operation is possible on the remote too...

folders

tracks

remote

@zak... the cs was not a matter of choice.I was planning on a pair of compos but It is only possible to mount a 4" speaker in the front pod of the matiz, and since mine is the top spec variant with a one piece fiberglass doorpad, cutting it is not an option.
Old 7th August 2007, 18:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

@ saurabh, and MDF tray is used for mounting speakers.If im not mistaken its medium density fibre. In an alti, it'll be used as a parcel tray on which the speakers would be mounted.

@ optimus, to the best of my knowledge, the 5950 does not have the list function, nor does it hav the rotary commander and it has the normal remote.

Last edited by JayD : 7th August 2007 at 18:44. Reason: need to add a point
Old 7th August 2007, 19:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
@ saurabh, and MDF tray is used for mounting speakers.If im not mistaken its medium density fibre. In an alti, it'll be used as a parcel tray on which the speakers would be mounted.

@ optimus, to the best of my knowledge, the 5950 does not have the list function, nor does it hav the rotary commander and it has the normal remote.
it doesnt have a joystick on the remote. but you can view folders and song titles on the display.

pls tell me what exactly the purpose of the rotary commander is.. tnx
Old 8th August 2007, 01:14   #50
BANNED

Don't tell me you don't know what a rotary commander does. :stupid

Pioneer always does this in their HU line up. They'll launch a good HU with some very nice features and acceptable sound quality. Then, It's all the way down. Take out a feature or 2 and it becomes the 2nd best. Take one or 2 more and it becomes 3rd best and so on.....
This time their top of the line is 7950 in Mp3/WMA range. Then comes 69, 59. 49 is a very basic HU. Other than the 3 preouts and ofcourse; the 50W x 4 factor, it is quiet base compared to 59 69 etc...

Having a same output doesn't mean that these HUs always sound same. In the hands of a good installer, the higher end models can sound better than their lower sisters.

I would still vote for the 6950 or 7950 when compared to 5950. Without that trademark rotary commander and It's slick user interface, why would I need a Pioneer? Also to mention is the easily configurable EQ settings, SFEQ, EQ EX etc..... are things which can make any boom guy fall in love with it.
Man! I do miss my old 7750 sometimes.

But then I have to remind myself sometimes that I have grown up and have kids! Yes, I love it.
Old 8th August 2007, 11:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi JayD,
Bluetooth Auxiliary : 225

According to the dealer, the auxiliary will enable me to attend the call on my bluetooth enabled phone. I dont know whether its possible or not with that auxiliary.

Please somebody help.
Hey will this accessory enable music streaming?? also is the price u quoted correct??? Any idea where we can get this in cochin??? Zak, some help here!! Model nos would be welcome too.
Old 8th August 2007, 12:52   #52
BHPian

Hey JayD
As soon as i will get more info on this, will reply to you regarding all the details.
Old 8th August 2007, 13:21   #53
BANNED

As usual, the best place to find automobile accessories in Cochin is Emperor. General motors near Modern Bread factory is also a good place. Both stock most of the nicknacks in car accessories.

What happened to the Alto install?
Old 8th August 2007, 15:27   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Don't tell me you don't know what a rotary commander does. :stupid
no i dont know what a rotary commander is... i'm sure you don't know applied thermodynamics or the difference between splines and nurbs but that doesnt mean i call you stupid.
please refrain from making personal attacks in the future...

it was a genuine question, if you don't have an answer then keep your opinions to yourself..
Old 8th August 2007, 15:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

optimus, probably what zak meant was to add the smiley that says "I'm stupid". It might be a mere typo, nobody over here passes personal offending remarks. so just relax!
Old 8th August 2007, 15:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
no i dont know what a rotary commander is... i'm sure you don't know applied thermodynamics or the difference between splines and nurbs but that doesnt mean i call you stupid.
please refrain from making personal attacks in the future...

it was a genuine question, if you don't have an answer then keep your opinions to yourself..
Sir why getting angry , Our Zak attack was being a little funny there thats all...so chill man.
Old 8th August 2007, 15:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
optimus, probably what zak meant was to add the smiley that says "I'm stupid". It might be a mere typo, nobody over here passes personal offending remarks. so just relax!
i wasn't angry dude.. i was just defending myself...

i realize now that he was trying to type <--- that...

sorry if i jumped off the handle a bit..
Old 8th August 2007, 16:13   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Opti baba, just chill and Pomp up thee jam. Everyone is stupid here. I am first in line.

But I know about applied thermodynamics. I was exposed to this for the first time I had to live in Delhi, in the winter.
I can recommend this brand called Amul. It is grey and in two pieces. However it does not have a window at the back to make kukka (like goofy's pyjamas). But it will keep someone who is not from Delhi quite warm, in February.

It kept my spline warm and my nurb comfy all night.
Old 8th August 2007, 16:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Opti baba, just chill and Pomp up thee jam. Everyone is stupid here. I am first in line.

But I know about applied thermodynamics. I was exposed to this for the first time I had to live in Delhi, in the winter.
I can recommend this brand called Amul. It is grey and in two pieces. However it does not have a window at the back to make kukka (like goofy's pyjamas). But it will keep someone who is not from Delhi quite warm, in February.

It kept my spline warm and my nurb comfy all night.

that post was too cryptic for me to decipher... would you be smoking any dried green leaves by any chance?? if yes, then i'd like some of what you're having....
Old 8th August 2007, 16:41   #60
BANNED

Oh my GAWD!!!!!

Holy God!!!!
I didn't mean it!

and yes! .

I was typing from my phone and one arrow key on the wrong place made all this problems. The I'M STUPID smilie requires the colon to be placed after the word stupid and it happened to be before the word due to a mistakenly pressed left arrow key (it moved the cursor location). So the smilie wasn't applied to the post.
I made a mistake by not checking the post after being posted. I was wrong not to do so.
Hope you understand all the gibberish I've typed in now. Even if you don't I think you can understand that it was not intentional. Am I right??
C'mon! I am Sorry!

BTW, which one is better? Rotary commander or Smooth buttons??
I prefer buttons if it can be unbuttoned easily to let me access the places I want to in a jiffy. Yes, I mean those difficult to access parts of the Menu.

And where is that Alto and install??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks