Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 16:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi,
Which one is better and whats the difference between the two : JBL GTO 427 and JBL CS2104 ?
Please help !
As far as i know both are Coax 4". but the dealer is saying that GTO 427 are better, is it so ?
Expected to be, since GT series positioned higher than the CS series.
Old 30th August 2007, 23:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JBL CS2104

* Max. Power Handling: 90W
* RMS Power Handling: 30W
* Impedance: 4 ohms
* Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 90dB
* Frequency Response: 85Hz - 20kHz

JBL GTO 427

* Peak power: 100 W
* RMS power: 35W
* Sensitivity: 90 dB
* Frequency response: 90 ~ 20 kHz
* Voice coil: 2Ω
GT series is better bet

Last edited by abhibh : 30th August 2007 at 23:56.
Old 1st September 2007, 14:38   #78
BHPian

I will be visiting mumbai next week, plan to get JBL GTO427 and GTO937 for my dad's alto. Can someone please give me an estimate of GTO427 prices in mumbai (I found the price for 937 in this thread but 427 was unavailable).
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:12   #79
BHPian

Hi,
In delhi, its around 2400 Rs. B&W. U can guess something based on it !
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:30   #80
BHPian

Thanks for the information Saurabh. I inquired at a couple of places in Indore and I was quoted a price of 1200 without B&W for 427 and 3200 for 937. Is this price correct or is it too low and the stuff might be fake ??. Also getting pio2950 for Rs. 4100 and I am planning to get it from Indore only. Will check out the prices of speakers in mumbai and then buy.
Old 3rd September 2007, 03:12   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshat View Post
Thanks for the information Saurabh. I inquired at a couple of places in Indore and I was quoted a price of 1200 without B&W for 427 and 3200 for 937. Is this price correct or is it too low and the stuff might be fake ??. Also getting pio2950 for Rs. 4100 and I am planning to get it from Indore only. Will check out the prices of speakers in mumbai and then buy.
427 without B/W is ok. 937 should be Rs. 2800 and Pio 2950 around Rs. 3200.. Rs. 4100 way too high
Old 3rd September 2007, 15:10   #82
Tapan

Hi,

I just bought Alto and i got all sony in it. It costed me around Rs. 11.5k to get everything like HU, Front and Rear speakers original sony.

I went for MP3 & WMA with USB drive HU which is cool. It has very decent sound and i never had to increase the volume more than 14.

Thanks.

Old 3rd September 2007, 15:15   #83
Tapan

Hi,

I would also like to make a suggestion for tyres. As soon as i purchased the car i went to a tyre shop and got my stocks changed for tubeless just for Rs. 400 (all 4 tyres got exchanged). So I suggest you can do the same and have non-stop fun. ;-)

Thanks.

Old 3rd September 2007, 15:36   #84
BHPian

I don't plan to go for sony as already have sony setup in my zen and not too happy with it. Heard JBL in my friend's car in delhi and after reading such rave reviews about them planning to go for them this time.

I too suggested tubeless to my dad, but he seems to be skeptical about them
Old 15th October 2007, 12:51   #85
BHPian

Hi,
After 2 months of purchase of Alto, I had finally ICEd my Alto with Pioneer 4950, JBL 937 and JBL CS2104. Total cost : around 9k. (without B/W).
The above setup is satisfying my requirements. It has a good bass and a good balance of overall sound. Its sounds gr8 !!!
At this moment, i would like to thank all buddies here and gurus here to help me out in this great selection !!!
Thanks a lot to all!!!
One more thing, can somebody guide me on how to tune the pioneer HU ?
Old 15th October 2007, 14:11   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi,
After 2 months of purchase of Alto, I had finally ICEd my Alto with Pioneer 4950, JBL 937 and JBL CS2104. Total cost : around 9k. (without B/W).
The above setup is satisfying my requirements. It has a good bass and a good balance of overall sound. Its sounds gr8 !!!
At this moment, i would like to thank all buddies here and gurus here to help me out in this great selection !!!
Thanks a lot to all!!!
One more thing, can somebody guide me on how to tune the pioneer HU ?
Hey Saurabh,

congratulations on your ICE setup.

regarding tuning of the pioneer... i think you can refer to user/operation manual that you got with your HU..

tuning varies from individual to individual... some prefer more bass, some more treble, some are satisfied with the vocals...
Old 15th October 2007, 15:45   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krato View Post
Hey Saurabh,

congratulations on your ICE setup.

regarding tuning of the pioneer... i think you can refer to user/operation manual that you got with your HU..

tuning varies from individual to individual... some prefer more bass, some more treble, some are satisfied with the vocals...
If you dont have the same, you can get the same from the following link

http://www.marsperformance.com/Instr...EH-P4950MP.pdf

Happy Tuning !!!
Old 19th October 2007, 17:05   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
coax or component is more a factor of how loud you want to play AND the sensitivity of the speaker. Yes as a rule most coax speakers are more sensitive than components (the more complex crossover in a component speaker robs it of some of it's sensitivity) but often this is not the case.
I dont listen to loud music, just the usual Bolly/Pop songs.
( Eg:"Zaban pe lagaa, namak ishq ka" ; Rihanna-"Shut up & drive", Umbrella etc.. etc..)

I have a Sony GT260S HU & some ****ty " Original Sony Speakers" mounted in the stock Dash location.
I am going to get ICE for my BIL's car this weekend & was hoping i could get something for my Alto too. (replace the front spkrs i.e)

My budget is 2-3k for front.

I would prefer something that wud fit in the Dash itself; or the Door (if its not too much of a hassle..)

& shud i just throw the Sony Spkrs away or can i get them installed in the Rear doors..? (they dont sound THAT horrible; just not good.. )

Thx ppl !
Old 21st April 2008, 11:01   #89
BHPian

ICE help for alto

Hey guys, my first post here. I need to get a complete new ice set-up in my car ( alto vxi). At present its has a sad cassette player and two tinny speakers in the dash.

I plan to get a neat HU which has a remote and a front USB slot (actually any player that can take a usb stick will be great) the JVC seems good. any opinions?

For the speakers I would love to have JBL at the rear for both sound quality( pls correct me if there are better choices at the same price) and the brand factor. I intend to go only for rear speakers as of now cos of budget constraints and i intend to fix them on the door rather than a parcel tray cos the boot space for me is precious. I need opinions on this. Also the cars don 50k kms so i think i can expect a fair amount of rattle and vibes. how do i overcome this?

I generally listen to rock, metal, film(hindi and tamil), pop and classical.

and My budget... i intend to spend between 8 to 12. I have kept a wide budget option as i will be upgrading my system with speakers up front after 3 or 4 months. so I don wanna invest everything into my rear speakers.

And finally...Right now I am in Chennai but it seems Bangalore is the best place for ICE work. Thats fortunate for me as the car is soon moving to Hosur where it will be used regularly. So any advice on the places and people would be great.

Thank you guys. It feels great to be here.
Old 21st April 2008, 22:31   #90
BHPian

Dear sai_ace , I suggest you go for a pioneer HU with at least 2 preouts (preferably 3 ) like the DEH P5050/6050 and JBL 937s in the rear.

Later on you may add a 4 ch amp and JBL sub if you prefer low bass too.

Most Viewed