Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2007, 15:56   #46
BHPian

Bro LBm.. i dont Fix stuff thats broken.. That too MAIN Power wire..
USE insulation tape.. that was funny bro.. really funny. Will never ever do that.U want me to take a chance with 3 lakhs of ICE depending on 3 Rupee Insulation tape ?
Besides i never use damaged stuff.. cable damaged.. throw. Simple for me.
Old 13th June 2007, 16:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

No problem sir I just wanted to give you some advice so that you can save some money but If you wanted to go for a new one then is the best thing to do, But anywas what is the present equipment in your car right now.
Old 13th June 2007, 16:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Thats called jugaad. Many people cannot afford to do that, they rather buy new cables
Yes Absolutely Sir JB

Bro LBm.. i dont Fix stuff thats broken.. That too MAIN Power wire..
USE insulation tape.. that was funny bro.. really funny. Will never ever do that.U want me to take a chance with 3 lakhs of ICE depending on 3 Rupee Insulation tape ?
Besides i never use damaged stuff.. cable damaged.. throw. Simple for me.
Yes sir Navin.. i did change my connectors.Changes even speaker wires and re soldered all of them.
It totally could be a dry solder problem too sir navin. thats very true also. Like i said easlier sirji. Dont know exactly why.
But my sustem does sound very very different after my wire upgrade.Me thinks its the wires or a bad connection or low power , that was the cause .
But also i am seeing voltage vales that i cant belive.No drops in voltage even with HU Volume on 20 now.Its a Rock solid 13.8 .
Previously it used to hit 12.4 -12.6 on the Hu at same Volume.So No question my amps are getting much much more power and i dont suffer drops in voltages anymore.
Bro lbm are u really using finolex 0 guage ? why ?
big big boom everyone....
Old 13th June 2007, 16:33   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
Bro lbm are u really using finolex 0 guage ? why ?
Because I did not see any difference audibly when I used a 7k wire and a 1.6k wire......but one and only one was that the 7k wire was very flexible but for the 1.6k wire I needed only a one time effort after that no other difference at all.

also in some other car audio forum I have seen people use the welding rectifier cable which is more than 0 gauge for multiple amp install. to save installation cost.
Old 13th June 2007, 17:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

I really wanted to stay out of this thread, but I cant help pointing out a few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
Bro lbm i hit 127.29 DB as peak at 30 volume on Hu.(on my 4 guage audiobhan cable)
Now at 30 volume on HU i hit 136.08 as peak
I would whole heartedly agree if we were all to say and agree that Audiobahn doesnt make the best cable and blah blah, but a 9dB change could have nothing to do with the cable and could have everything to do with the settings on the amp, head unit, any change of equipment etc. Are we missing that, or did everything else remain the same??? Besides, "30 volume" has no meaning as such if gains/ settings and/ or equipment has been changed.

Quote:
Also measured on a Radio shak DB meter but thats low resolution. Gives only 3 digits and not ultra accurate. It gave me a difference of 7 DB
Difference of 7dB, as in 127 and 134? or 136 and 129?

Strange, because Radio Shack meters dont measure anything over 128dB. So maybe it was 128 and 121.

Quote:
Besides i never use damaged stuff.. cable damaged.. throw. Simple for me
Car Damaged? If the answer is still "throw" then please aim in my direction, for I for one, sure am 'car-less' and dont mind an Esteem with a sore backside.

Just kidding, I know you're going to get a new dicky, which doesnt exactly count as a repaired car, or maybe it does.
Old 13th June 2007, 18:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Tool, since you are professionally involved in sound, you must be already knowing this- 9dB translates to 8 times more power! So, as everyone is pointing out, it certainly can't be just due to cables. Something else must have been changed in your system (or there is a gross mistake in the measurement).

Last edited by santosh.s : 13th June 2007 at 18:32.
Old 13th June 2007, 20:01   #52
BHPian

Crazy bro lbm.. didnt know that.. that was some killer information. thanks
As for the Db rise.. there can be lots of reasons (bad wire , bad connection , Dry solder) as also pointed out but Sir navin. This might just be the case..Every bit of wire in my car is new so it could be for any reason.. or a multitude of reasons. bottom line is i see huge improvement.So can we end that part please... Thanks

Heheh B&T i wish i could afford to get a new car for every time i dented my car.. would be lovely.Unfortunaly i gotta make do with a new "Rear End". lol lol
only transferring the ICE would be a pain.hehehehe
But unfortunalely my Last name is not "Sheik". DAMN !!

And yes the Digital Radio shack meters do only measure upto 126 not 128.Did not use this one for precisely the same reason. This is a Old Analogue Model With a VU meter from -10 to +6.Callibration of this thing is a whole other ball game.Just shows +DB ranges. Like i said this one is very inaccurate. So its just better to go by the readings on the lappie.
Anyways the car is now in repair.My poor baby... Snifff
After i get her back will get my hertz comps installed. They still gotta Arrive. Should be anytime now i think.
Then im done for a bit. Sitting quiet till i get my hands on the RS.Audison LRX6.9+ more audison+ more hertz here i come then.Collectiong already for that stuff.Yummy.. hehehe
Big boom people..

Last edited by Tool : 13th June 2007 at 20:03.
Old 13th June 2007, 20:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post

Tool, as usual I admire your positivity, and your spirit. But next time use Finolex instead of some crappy Stinger / Audison stuff yaar. If not for yourself then for approval from the discerning folks on this forum.

BOOM!
hi,

do you mean to say finolex is bad or something like that? if yes, why? i need a comparison between the best auto wires and indian good quality wires leaving aside insulation as we all know good quality auto wiring has better flexibility and insulation.

im using l&t 25mm^2 wire and im really happy with the performance.

cheers
clip
Old 13th June 2007, 22:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a Rock solid 13.8 .
I have not seen a single setup in my entire life with two amps and the voltage does not drop a single point....but if your getting not a single point drop then it is a very good thing.

I mean in my cousin`s santro there is one sony 222 and one pioneer D510 wired at 4 ohms, even in that car there is a voltage drop of 1 - 1.5 volts.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 13th June 2007 at 22:56.
Old 13th June 2007, 23:07   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
do you mean to say finolex is bad or something like that?
Clip, Finolex (and many is not most ISI branded cable is perfectly good). I use Polycab for power becuase I get it for free (yeah I am a cheapskate) and it is just as good as Finolex.

This is DC we are talking about. Any GOOD, WELL SHEATHED, cable of adequate gauge will work fine. Conectors, crimping, distribution block and wiring topology will make more of a difference than cable brands at this level.

Now stop worrying.
Old 13th June 2007, 23:29   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
im using l&t 25mm^2 wire and im really happy with the performance.
Given your system clipto, the L&T 25 sq. mm (4 Gauge) is a good choice. You should be very happy with the performance as you have purchased a good quality cable from India's premier engineering company. I trust L&T to deliver 100% what they have written in the spec sheet.

I can assure you, clipto, that if you change only the power cable from L&T to any brand POWER CABLE, JBL, Monster, Audison, Tsunami,l Scosche which is also 4 gauge (25 sq mm) You will see ZERO change in performance.

I would not however claim the same thing on RCA and speaker wires.

Tool and LBM need more cross sectional diameter than you, for their power cable. Because of their higher current draw. Add another 10 sqmm of cross sectional area and you have 2 gauge. Enough for their applications. LBM has taken it safer and gone thicker than that.
Old 13th June 2007, 23:59   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But unfortunalely my Last name is not "Sheik". DAMN !!

And yes the Digital Radio shack meters do only measure upto 126 not 128.Did not use this one for precisely the same reason. This is a Old Analogue Model With a VU meter from -10 to +6.

Then im done for a bit. Sitting quiet till i get my hands on the RS.Audison LRX6.9+ more audison+ more hertz here i come then...
You would need Sheik as a prefix (not a suffix) to your name.

I happen to have onle of these older analog meters and have found them to be pretty good. A not so old study also found similar results.
http://www.audioxpress.com/magsdirx/...a/koya2811.pdf

You can modify this meter to be even better by replacing the caps.

You mean to say once you get your RS you are going to discard your exisiting wires and amp and get all new wires and amp?

How long do you plan to enjoy the existing amp and wires? Our dear mod, Tanveer, is upgrading his system and is on the look for new wires (he wont mind the amp either).
Old 14th June 2007, 00:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
How long do you plan to enjoy the existing amp and wires? Our dear mod, Tanveer, is upgrading his system and is on the look for new wires (he wont mind the amp either).
I think he is just going to replace his components in his ICE to mate his wiring, not the wires. LOL. Even if he did, it would still sell for 40k, would you buy that tsk1979 ?
Old 14th June 2007, 01:00   #59
BHPian

Prefix is right..im so stupid heehhe
No no navinji.. i cant afford that.hehehehe will transfer the power cabling , Rca's and everything i can move. Also will move the alpine monoblock. I love that amp.
Plan on getting 2 audison amps.speaker wire ,Hertz 3 ways for front (active) and 2 ways comps in the back in the RS or atleast hope to provided they can be installed.
I will also move my subs. Love them to bits. i will leave the Blaupunkt 4
channel amp and the hertz hi energy components in this car. Will use basic
Connection Audison Best series stuff to keep this car running and use the
Sonus distributin block Etc in the Skoda.Hence new speaker wire.

I didnt know that about the old meters navinji.. thats a very intresting bit
of informatin. Would love to know the specifications and what to do.
Think it will make a good small Diy project. Thanx a lot for that information. im sure Aashish will be very intrested too..
thanks again everyone.
big boom

P.S. LBM bro i am talking in the day without use of lights and Not moving but engine turned on.Hu volume at 20:-

Previously it would drop to 12.4-13.0on heavy bass transients. 12.2-11.9 with A/c.
Now it only drops to 13.6 sometimes on Heavy Bass transients but more or less it stays at 13.8.
With the A/c on it hits 13.4 and very very rarely will hit 13.2.

Also With system on and volume on 0 on the Hu my voltage would drop to 13.4 previously.
now it only drops to 13.7 with Hu volume on 0.
Hope this gives a clearer picture bro.

thanks again everyone.
big boom

Last edited by Tool : 14th June 2007 at 01:14.
Old 14th June 2007, 14:12   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With the A/c on it hits 13.4 and very very rarely will hit 13.2.
Even 13.2 is very good with AC and ICE on. I suspect that your orignal 0GA stinger if wired and connected properly would perfrom just as well. Anwyay that is another story.

Tool, I like Audison amps. Still I would caution you to listen to atleast 2 competing brands before you buy. This way you know what you are getting and know what you are mising as well.

This way, you will never have the feeling what if I had done this or that. you will know that you did everything in your powers to get the best system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks