Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 12:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

JBLyfied Baleno!

Hi! I've been enlightened about ICE ever since I joined T-BHP (My sincere thanks to Hydrashok who got me here).

This is the ICE setup in my Baleno '05 which is over 1 month old now, but I could not post the pictures since there were a few problems (like the amplifiers under the seats were getting really dusty and wanted to move them to the boot). Now, the setup is almost complete ('almost complete' is an indication of how there is no limit once you're here in the ICE section )

Special thanks to Sam, whose posts inspired me to JBLyfy my car and the music is in the car is impeccable!

Due to certain constraints, I could not go to Bangalore for the setup and this was done completely in Mysore.

I really don't know how this looks after those lavish setups in roadsters and CR-V's, but anyway, here goes nothing:

Alpine 9856 HU
1 JBL CS300.1 Monoblock
1 JBL CS60.4 driving the 6X9's and the components (I wish it was GTO75.4, but budget, budget!)
1 JBL CS1204B sealed box 1000W Subwoofer
1 Pair GTO 607C Components
1 Pair GTO 937 6X9's
Tsunami wiring
1 Alpine KCE422i High-speed iPod cable
1 Alpine KCA121B for RCA connections
Rear view assistance screen and camera

I'm happier to see the amplifiers in the boot, I remember going through a thread where someone had asked if it was ok to install the amplifiers underneath the seats, I've learned it first hand that they get really dirty and very very difficult to maintain.

The GTO 607C's are installed in the stock locations.

937's in the parcel tray

Any suggestions to hide those wires? I would love to just see the amplifiers and the crossovers without those wires around! Like can I get a frame around which have precise cuts for the amps?

Old 19th June 2007, 12:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Continued:

Old 19th June 2007, 13:02   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I really don't know how this looks after those lavish setups in roadsters and CR-V's,
Raghu, you should be very proud of your ICE. I would be, if I had all this in my car. Well done. A very good show-off!!

Try rotating the woofer box in different directions.

With regards to neatness, a simple and economic situation is to use the carpet and the plank itself. Instead or running wires from the edge of the plank to the amplfier, you can make holes near the amplifier and get the corresponding wires out from there.

I see one minor flaw in your install. I see that you have mounted the passive crossovers close to the amplifier and then run 2 pairs of wires to the front components. No tearing reason to change it, but this is incorrect. No need to use the excess speaker cable and not recommended to keep the crossover so far away from the speakers. No major problem, leave it now. Just an observation. Also would have reduced the clutter on the amplifier board.
Old 19th June 2007, 13:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

hey Raghu nice setup man. Well am also getting there with my baleno's ICE setup . Few more changes and it should be an all JBL setup.

Raghu I have the same GTO 607C Components and the crossover's have been installed in the dash behind the HU.

BTW where in Mysore did you get the job done?
Old 19th June 2007, 13:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

So you finally posted the pics, huh?

As I'd said before, killer setup. Now it looks killer too. Open the boot and floor them folks

Quote:
Like can I get a frame around which have precise cuts for the amps?
I remember l_b_m had a pretty big "]" section brushed aluminium channel fabbed and put in between the amps, with the wires passing through it. It looked really cool! In your setup, ot would be like an "H" with the Amps vertical on both sides and the channel being the connecting '-'. The XOs can be just above the channel, with the wires going into it. This would cost a bit I guess, and would just be for visual kicks. Aluminum would also go with the finish on the amps. Maybe it can act as a umm... bumper to protect the XOs also, if made right.

Last edited by hydrashok : 19th June 2007 at 13:44.
Old 19th June 2007, 13:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
(1) Raghu, you should be very proud of your ICE. I would be, if I had all this in my car. Well done. A very good show-off!!

(2) Try rotating the woofer box in different directions.

(3) With regards to neatness, a simple and economic situation is to use the carpet and the plank itself. Instead or running wires from the edge of the plank to the amplfier, you can make holes near the amplifier and get the corresponding wires out from there.

(4) I see one minor flaw in your install. I see that you have mounted the passive crossovers close to the amplifier and then run 2 pairs of wires to the front components. No tearing reason to change it, but this is incorrect. No need to use the excess speaker cable and not recommended to keep the crossover so far away from the speakers. No major problem, leave it now. Just an observation. Also would have reduced the clutter on the amplifier board.

About (1), Thanks for the quick reply. I guess the setup is decent then, since the appreciation comes from none other than you! Thanks again!
I am proud of the setup, since the setup sounds super-awesome to me and as the ICE gurus like you suggest, it's the listener's satisfaction that everyone wants. It is just that I was overwhelmed by those lavish setups (Still drooling about how they sound! )

About (2), I will try that! Thanks for the suggestion.
However, I see that the plugs of the 1204B are a little beyond the box, in the sense, I feel scared to place the sub the way it is now without a padded support underneath as I am scared it may pressurize the plugs too much in the long run. I was just wondering why they couldn't have been a little more inside the duct. This picture should help:

It's not evident, but when observe closely, I see the plugs are a little beyond the box surface.

About (3), I will get that done this weekend, it should look much better after that, thanks!

About (4), I will consider that when I get the plank and carpet in place, will make the setup look as wonderful as it sounds!
Old 19th June 2007, 14:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
hey Raghu nice setup man. Well am also getting there with my baleno's ICE setup . Few more changes and it should be an all JBL setup.

Raghu I have the same GTO 607C Components and the crossover's have been installed in the dash behind the HU.

BTW where in Mysore did you get the job done?
Hey, thanks a lot! I appreciate your compliment!

And about the crossovers, I had them behind the dash initially when the amplifiers when under the seats. I thought of placing them in the boot when I realized that the amplifiers and crossovers could be maintained better over there. And I would love to see the pictures of your ICE setup as and when they're done! Good luck!

I got this done at Car Decor, Kantharaj Urs road, nice people to deal with and prices at par with good installers in Blore.
Old 19th June 2007, 14:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
In your setup, ot would be like an "H" with the Amps vertical on both sides and the channel being the connecting '-'. The XOs can be just above the channel, with the wires going into it.
Ummmm.... something like this. Pardon my bad ph0t0shop skills

Old 19th June 2007, 14:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you finally posted the pics, huh?

As I'd said before, killer setup. Now it looks killer too. Open the boot and floor them folks
Thank you so much! Just remember that I'd have made bad choices if not for your suggestions and TBHP. Let me know when you come to Bangalore/Mysore, I owe you a treat!

Quote:
I remember l_b_m had a pretty big "]" section brushed aluminium channel fabbed and put in between the amps, with the wires passing through it. It looked really cool! In your setup, ot would be like an "H" with the Amps vertical on both sides and the channel being the connecting '-'. The XOs can be just above the channel, with the wires going into it. This would cost a bit I guess, and would just be for visual kicks. Aluminum would also go with the finish on the amps. Maybe it can act as a umm... bumper to protect the XOs also, if made right.

I'm searching for that, I am not sure of where that is located. A link would do a lot of good since searching for it is taking time and I'm getting no positive results.
Old 19th June 2007, 14:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me know when you come to Bangalore/Mysore, I owe you a treat!
Thanks *rubbing hands together*

Quote:
I'm searching for that, I am not sure of where that is located. A link would do a lot of good since searching for it is taking time and I'm getting no positive results.
Looks like l_b_m updated his garage. His setup has changed over time. I did some searching too (I remembered the pics were posted loooooong back in his saga thread). Here you go: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/277528-post200.html (The second pic)
Old 19th June 2007, 14:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks *rubbing hands together*
Anytime! But make sure you drive down in your Palio, would love to hear that setup of yours

Quote:
Looks like l_b_m updated his garage. His setup has changed over time. I did some searching too (I remembered the pics were posted loooooong back in his saga thread). Here you go: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/277528-post200.html (The second pic)
That looks awesome, I'll have to show these pictures and get someone to do it well, otherwise it's going to be carpet and frame as Sam suggested.
Old 19th June 2007, 15:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

here is a good one to see the full details....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 19th June 2007 at 16:03.
Old 19th June 2007, 18:17   #13
BHPian

Cost

@rocksterraghu vbmenu_register("postmenu_472980", true);

What A Setup MAn . Hows the monster sounding

What is the cost involved ? Please give me the cost of every component install seprately. thanks
Old 19th June 2007, 19:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am no ICE guy and don't even come to this section. And the only JBL in my Baleno is the JBL car freshener, courtesy Sam. Just dropped in seeing Baleno and JBL.

Anyway, even to my limited understanding and ICE knowledge, it looks like you have an awesome setup in your car. Great, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu
"If a man opens the door of his car for a woman, either the car is new or the woman is new"
Or the ICE is new...

Time for me to get the hell out of the ice-wice section.
Old 19th June 2007, 20:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

Wow, fantastic install. Enjoy maadi!

Errrr... shouldn't the SW box face the other way around? LBM-bhai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks