Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 09:32   #1

Problem with Hyundai Creta's factory head-unit

Hi all,

Facing issues with my 2017 Hyundai Creta OEM ICE. It switches off / on, on its own. I visited 2 audio mechanics at Karol Bagh and Palika Bhawan and both mentioned that this is a software problem and the software will have to be reinstalled. While they quote a cost of approx. Rs. 5000 for software reinstall. I decided to visit the Hyundai Service Centre. They reinstalled the software at a fraction of the cost but also said that if the problem persists, the HU will have to be replaced. Attaching a video link for reference.

1. Anyone else face a similar problem? Can the OEM unit still be salvaged?
2. If not, do I buy a Hyundai unit (which I was informed costs close to Rs. 50,000) or an aftermarket one given that better units are available at a much lesser price.
3. If an aftermarket unit, I have shortlisted Pioneer DMH-A4450 BT. Views? I enjoy my music but don't want it to be too loud.
4. Will I have to change speakers, mic and the reverse camera?
5. Finally, is there any additional software and associated s/w cost that is not informed upfront by the accessory dealer but informed once the new HU is fixed in the car. I did hear a heated argument between a customer and dealer while i was window shopping for an alternative HU.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ICE Video.zip (3.44 MB, 11 views)

Last edited by Amit Taneja : 30th June 2022 at 10:28. Reason: youtube link added
Amit Taneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 13:56   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Problem with Hyundai Creta's factory head-unit

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the ICE section!
Old 30th June 2022, 16:26   #3
BHPian

Hi Amit

Though I do not have the same system in my Creta but recently while checking for an Android one, I also enquired from a car accessory shop about the OEM units he may have. He offered me the same for 12000. These are mostly in good condition and upgraded(or down) by people who switched to Androids. In case you need the same then you can check with accessories shop. The one I am talking about is a famous YouTuber as well by the name of classic car Ramesh Nagar, Shailendra Choudhary.
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 17:16   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit Taneja View Post
1. Anyone else face a similar problem? Can the OEM unit still be salvaged?
5000 for a software reinstall is quite high IMHO. I repaired my 2015 OE Creta stereo for 5000 (New display and couple of IC's replaced that were burnt).

And since you are based in Delhi, it will be easy for you as well.

Details here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5327244 (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks