• Power wiring - 3,000
  • Distribution fuse blocks - 3,500
  • AMP rack - 8,700
  • A-pillar pods - 7,300
  • Spacers - 3,600
  • AMP rack LED - 600
  • Labour - 30,000
TOTAL: Rs 6,69,660
This i's insane , especially for a car like Baleno.
I wonder how much of a difference will this make to my audible experience in my Thar
vellatechie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 12:18   #17
BHPian

Re: High end JL Audio upgrade in my Maruti Baleno RS

Amazing upgrade mate! The attention to detail can be seen in all aspects of the work carried out. Wishing you many more happy miles ahead!

P.s. If you still have your old HU(stock) I'd be happy to take it off your hands
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 12:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hign end JL Audio upgrade in my Baleno RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
[Ah, the elephant in the room. Most of you may find it absolutely ludicrous to spend so much on audio. Maybe it is. It could have been used for performance upgrades, a new car or anything else. Well yes, all of these permutations/combinations ran through my mind but I reached a simple conclusion: You can never use the full potential of your car all the time, but you can ALWAYS listen to some bloody good music.

So, let's break down the damage (only for the JL upgrade):
  • C7 speakers - 1,75,000
  • C3 speakers - 44,000
  • XD600 AMP - 58,000
  • XD1000 AMP - 62,000
  • JD400 AMP - 24,600
  • Pioneer HU - 45,000
  • TwK-88 DSP - 38,000
  • Subwoofer - 85,000
  • Dr Artex 2.0mm damping - 10,000
  • Dr Artex 2.6mm damping - 23,400
  • Dr Artex Foam Lace - 7,000
  • Dr Artex VibroBarrier - 8,900
  • miniDSP mic - 9,200
  • System harness - 4,800
  • RCA cables - 11,460
  • Speaker wiring - 6,600
  • Power wiring - 3,000
  • Distribution fuse blocks - 3,500
  • AMP rack - 8,700
  • A-pillar pods - 7,300
  • Spacers - 3,600
  • AMP rack LED - 600
  • Labour - 30,000

And with that, let's end this post. A massive shoutout to Raghu (he's the one-man army at Prowork Custom Installs) for bringing such an incredible project to fruition. His passion and dedication are unmatched, it was all or nothing from the very beginning.
Thanks for reading!
That's not an elephant, it's a herd Last time I did an audio upgrade I ended up selling the car! Talk of "retail therapy"!!! Enjoy your ride and music only hope your auditory nerves hold up in the long run! After a full meal I think your audio system would aid digestion by giving the innards and intestines a good shake!
Durango Dude is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 13:39   #19
BHPian

You have spent more than half the amount of the car's worth for the audio. I am speechless.

I think Baleno is a wrong car for this awesome setup. The glass and the metal are very thin. So even if you apply damping sheets. Some external noise may find its way compared to other properly built cars.
amvj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 14:01   #20
BHPian

Oh what a morning. At a certain point in life, you are forced to begrudgingly acknowledge that we all have to acting like adults. Fading away are the days of mindless and unending khayali-pulaos that we all had the liberty to make as children. But then you read about the next Mr. Kumar driving a Baleno with an audio system that costs as much as the car does. And you're just like, hmmmm, in the waxing and waning of priorities, sometimes better sense takes a bad seat against passion, and how colourless would life be without such instances! Kudos to your passion and the attention to detail of the build. If you ever decide to part ways with the car, please leave me a pm before posting an ad. I'm not kidding.
brohanv is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 14:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Dude dude dude.. I mean I expected the upgrade cost to be a bomb but a whopping 6.7L WOW!!!

Needless to say, IMPECCABLE work and I'm shouting the word as I'm typing this, literally!

Initially looking at the pictures I assumed it must have been a DIY project because most installers don't care how the installation is done. But this is just extremely high quality work and excellent workmanship.

Quote:
And with that, let's end this post. A massive shoutout to Raghu (he's the one-man army at Prowork Custom Installs) for bringing such an incredible project to fruition. His passion and dedication are unmatched, it was all or nothing from the very beginning.
Thanks for reading!
I see you're based out of Bangalore. Can you give me a reference to this place? I tried searching online but couldn't find a shop with this name.

Does he take projects like this usually? Or was it because you got a reference from your friend?

My XUV300 could use some audio upgrade but in no way something so big. Probably just swap out stock speakers, get a better amplification etc. But I needed someone who knows the job well instead of pushing stuff that they get good margin on. And your installer, Raghu, seems to be someone who has the knowledge.

Let me know if you can help me here.
krishnakumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 14:10   #22
BHPian

I love the effort and the research that has gone into this. Also seems the installer was right with you in terms of what you wanted and how you wanted. Shows.

I don't believe in the logic of limiting your upgrade based on the car you have. It is your car - it is your choice, as simple as that!

The Damping work looked good as well. If you could help us understand whether the cost for the damping was only material or material plus labor? I was checking the same 10 sheets of Dr.Artex - it comes to around 8k - hence wanted to understand the price difference.

PS: Would love to hear the audio on this sometime since you are also in Bangalore.
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 15:07   #23
BHPian

My goodness! The amount of time, research and money spent in this is tremendous. The sound should be teleporting you to a different dimension now. Definitely not my cup of tea but kudos to you brother, I would end up buying a new car instead of fiddeling with the setup

The whole thing reminded me of The Yeti® and his crazy JBL cars!!

Just one question : Was this your only car? How did you manage the year long setup.
turbowhistle is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 15:48   #24
BHPian

ROG_AK!!! Dude, thats one heck of an upgrade!!! While I am also fond great music systems, this has been one of the outstanding music system upgrades that i have heard or read off.
So a Baleno worth btwn 8 to 10 lakhs gets an audio system worth 6+ lakhs!!!!!
I am trying to figure out who went more bonkers in this process - you or Raghu?
Kudos man. Enjoy the music. May be someday, I would like to hear it!
Cheers
Krish
emmenhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 16:45   #25
BHPian

Appreciate your persistence and tenacity for doing this. Anything of this dimension, I would have given up way too early! You must be a real audio-holic and a very determined person to get things done! Hats off to you and Raghu!!
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 16:46   #26

Wow, that’s an amazing piece of work. Hats off.

Would you be able to upload a video of the final set up and audio output.
TheNormalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 20:50   #27
BHPian

For me its still a dream which you have brought to life
sukhbirST is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 23:28   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Insane work. Cant comment further.. I will keep it simple and straight forward. When can I get to listen to this setup and where?
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 07:01   #29
BHPian

Well, the post revealed how intent and invested you were in this audio upgrade. I am a serious audio head, but not in the car. I practically waste money buying new headphones and trying them on to assess their quality. Somehow, upgrading the audio in a car has never been in my purview.

Hearty congrats for such a seemingly wonderful update. I wish you countless hours of enjoyable audio in your car
shresan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 09:01   #30
BANNED

Wow. That's a great build and the workmanship is meticulous. Wishing you thousands of soothing miles in your car.
I am also into quality music listening and have a set up with Rainbow DL components and subwoofer in my Skoda Rapid. The feel of a song can be greatly enhanced when heard through a good audio system. I also have Hifiman Sundara headphones with ifi hip DAC for music listening at home. I would urge everyone who love good music, to invest in a good headphone (it's much cheaper when compared to car audio) or a good car audio system, you will eventually understand the real 'feel' of each and every song. The songs which you have been hearing for years will feel like something you have never heard. This cannot be expressed in words and also cannot be understood by those who are not into music.
pavi is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks