Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 12:16   #61
BHPian

Re: Hign end JL Audio upgrade in my Baleno RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
You can ping me when you are in Bangalore, I might be coming to Chennai at the end of the month but I'm not sure if I will get this car.
Will definitely hit you up when I am in Bangalore.

Man, after spending as much money as you have, I would most strongly recommend that you get a looksie by Speedfreaks. The guy who owns it, Karthik is a different level altogether. He is a certified judge of Emma Audio competitions in Europe and is also constantly traveling across the globe to keep himself updated on the very latest of everything. If you are coming to Chennai, please make sure you bring the car and have him look it up. Let me know before you come, I'll arrange for a visit and hopefully join you there.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 00:31   #62
BHPian

A little late for the party but Boy,What an upgrade!!! While some would say it's excessive I know how close to the heart it would have been and the emotions you might be going through everything you played your favourite tracks.

I am also in the middle of an audio upgrade on my new XUV700. Nothing as fancy as yours but hoping it comes out well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Will definitely hit you up when I am in Bangalore.

Man, after spending as much money as you have, I would most strongly recommend that you get a looksie by Speedfreaks. The guy who owns it, Karthik is a different level altogether. He is a certified judge of Emma Audio competitions in Europe and is also constantly traveling across the globe to keep himself updated on the very latest of everything. If you are coming to Chennai, please make sure you bring the car and have him look it up. Let me know before you come, I'll arrange for a visit and hopefully join you there.
@thirdmainroad: I am from Delhi NCR and am currently in the middle of an audio upgrade for my XUV700. While I have a very capable installer and tuner do you by any chance know anyone similar to the caliber of Kartik you mentioned in your post in Delhi NCR. I sure would like to have someone like this rebook at the tuning to make sure am getting the best out of my equipment.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st October 2022 at 17:02. Reason: back to back posts merged
Mick_wanderer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 05:57   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Tuning

I wasn't satisfied with simply setting the high and low pass filters, adding the time delay and changing the EQ based simply on what we heard. I wanted to tune it with an RTA (real-time analyzer) mic and then further tune it based on what I liked. Since the DSP can store different profiles and they can be switched on the fly, we tuned a couple of different ones. The first would be a pure reference tune, the second tuned by the ear and the third would be a combination of the two.

The aim is to get a clean flat line, as close to the reference line as possible

Greate effort and dedication, Congratulations!

Can you pls share final output rta evaluation of your system pls.

Did your system have any dips/cancellations between 60-100Hz frequency?

And may I know how much effect did the angle spacers have in reduction of cancellations.

Thank you.
Old 27th December 2023, 20:28   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizagRider View Post

And may I know how much effect did the angle spacers have in reduction of cancellations.

Thank you.
You asked the same question in my thread and I was curious as to what were you looking to decipher from these data and never got a response for that from you

Am hoping the OP answers you and we all can be educated too by your answers
Old 27th December 2023, 20:59   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
You asked the same question in my thread and I was curious as to what were you looking to decipher from these data and never got a response for that from you

Am hoping the OP answers you and we all can be educated too by your answers
Hello flipflop,
Sorry I thought of responding later but forgot, it wasn't intentional.

I was trying to understand after spending so much money and putting in so much effort, one would expect to get the results as close as possible to the target curve and also reproduce the music as close as possible to the recoding.

Only an experienced/keen Audiophile can tell the second one but as a qualifiable parameter/proof I was interested to see the RTA evaluation graphs of various cars focused towards SQ.

Thank you,
Rajasekhar
VizagRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 17:47   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizagRider View Post

Thank you.
Hey, I couldn't find the final output. I switched laptops a little while ago and it might have got lost in that. I'll try to get it the next time I get some tuning done.
Not sure how much of an effect the angled spacers had because we didn't do any measurements with normal spacers.
I'm not a hardcore audiophile, this project was just to understand sound and building a high end system, something which had always fascinated me
ROG_AK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks