Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 15:56   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainak View Post
BTW whr's B&T navinji? Would like to go and check them out.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/member...d-trouble.html
Old 25th June 2007, 16:14   #62
Team-BHP Support

[quote=mainak;478780But still the a normal string guitar's frequency is something bout 41hz.[/QUOTE]

that would be a BASS guitar's Low E.

More info here.
Frequencies
Old 25th June 2007, 16:20   #63
Team-BHP Support

This thread is beginning to interest me, as I also want more clarity on Bass guitar rather than the low drum "boom".
Old 25th June 2007, 16:51   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
that would be a BASS guitar's Low E.

More info here.
Frequencies

surely i have to learn more about guitars atleast !
Quote:
oops..i thought B&T was a shop or something
Old 29th June 2007, 11:32   #65
BHPian

So Nimz, have you finalised on your ICE? When your car is getting delivered? Do update us on price and performance once you install the ICE.
Old 29th June 2007, 11:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oops..i thought B&T was a shop or something
Lol, no. I'm purely human.

I am sending you my numbers by PM, you can call me if you would be interested in listening to anything from Illusion Audio, no sweat. The name's Ajay by the way, and no, that isnt a shop either.
Old 29th June 2007, 12:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Lol, no. I'm purely human.

I am sending you my numbers by PM, you can call me if you would be interested in listening to anything from Illusion Audio, no sweat. The name's Ajay by the way, and no, that isnt a shop either.

I am so embarassed !
Would like to listen to the illusion series. would get in touch with ya.
Old 29th June 2007, 13:22   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am so embarassed !
Then please ask to see B&T's Safari.
Old 29th June 2007, 13:59   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
So Nimz, have you finalised on your ICE? When your car is getting delivered? Do update us on price and performance once you install the ICE.
No Radek, the thread went way above my head..

Car is getting delivered today as per the guys in Sundaram. WIhtout ICE.. they offered a Kenwood which I was not keen on.

Will start researching in earnest after I get the car in.. then will take back control of this thread...
Nimz
Old 29th June 2007, 14:31   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Then please ask to see B&T's Safari.
Navinji, it is a Sierra oops I am in the audio section, sorry! And I assume Ajay has sold it off by now. When I asked B&T to demo his setup I realised that the Sierra was parked such that the front was facing a wall and it was so close that not even a guy my size could sneak in to take a view LOL!
Old 2nd July 2007, 11:00   #71
BHPian

Sparky speaker locations

Yesterday I visited the GM dealer to discuss about accessories. He confirmed that Spark can not take Speakers in neither front doors nor in boot door. So that leaves stock locations that take 4" speaker in dash and in boot. Spark boot is tiniest of all, so I dont want further reduce it by putting speaker boxes. So what are my options for speaker?

Having speaker in parcel tray is recommended? Once I was travelling with my friend who has speaker in parcel tray but while listening to some really loud song (Eminem. I never dared to listen this singer afterwards), I think the whole parcel tray was vibrating. So is it a good option? (i am asking about tray, not eminem)

Like someone suggested I want to first go with decent HU and front speaker with budget 15 to 18K. I want to expand it later once I have enough money.

Btw, I want to know price, performance and availability of following HUs

Clarion DB568RUSB
Kenwood KDC MP532U or MP436U
Blau Kingston MP 47

All with USB, i have taken these model numbers from their website.

@Nimz, I am using your thread instead of creating separate thread as we both are talking about Spark.
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:36   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like someone suggested I want to first go with decent HU and front speaker with budget 15 to 18K.
Clarion DB568RUSB
Kenwood KDC MP532U or MP436U
Blau Kingston MP 47
For 18K:
HU: 9K (if i had to choose between the 3 HUs above I'd take the Clarion).
front: 4" 3K
rear: 6x9" on parcel tray 6K (1K for tray).

If you tray is made well out of 1" MDF it will not resonate as much as a porly made tray.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:18   #73
BHPian

Thanks Navin. 18K was my budget for HU + front speakers only, wanted to do upgrades later. But you have suggested everything within 18K. This forum is changing a lot.

btw. with limitation of 4" dash position for front speakers and rear speakers in a tray. What is the best I can do to get good sound quality? Any recomended speaker brand and models?

Pune guys: What is the best place to get Clarion HU in Pune?
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:13   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Navin. 18K was my budget for HU + front speakers only, wanted to do upgrades later. But you have suggested everything within 18K. This forum is changing a lot.

btw. with limitation of 4" dash position for front speakers and rear speakers in a tray. What is the best I can do to get good sound quality? Any recomended speaker brand and models?
just an HU and 4" front speakers would have meant a sound that was devoid of any bass no matter which 4" you got so you will need to either mod the car to accomodate woofers in the doors or use the rear speakers for the bass.

The problem with the former is that most 3 way speakers (using door for the woofer and the existing pod for the midrange and maybe using the mirror pod for the tweeter) cost more than 18K. Now a pair of speakers with NO HU makes little sense.

Since this is a public forum suggestions should cover only those options that are easily done. For example one could have salvaged a pair of 6" woofers from a component set that has "lost" it's tweeters and add that to a 4" component pair using a custom crossover but options such as these are for experienced bravehearts who are willing to experiment and live with the circumstances.

Given this the simpler option was to add a pair of 6x9 in the rear and hope that the deck does not rattle too much. Given that you will driving them with the HU I dont see a big problem.
Old 20th July 2007, 20:43   #75
BHPian

well gurus... am back into ICE and am going to revive this thread as SParky badly needs ICE..

Contemplated a lot..

Option 1 - 4" co-ax in the dash (no cutting / hacking) and a bigger pair at the back. One decent HU (maybe a kenwood with USB / Blau with USB is 12K and above)

Option 2 - A pair of 6.5 " comps in the door - cutting up Sparky.,wont it pain?? and a decent HU ( same as above)

Option 3 - 4" co-ax in front dash ( no cutting) a 4 ch amp and a decent HU and a sub woofer decent one to give low mids and bass.

Other related options also welcome..

Will post pics of front dash / door and boot over weekend.

So would like your suggestion on the best option in terms of sound (no boom pls) and best option which is an optimal mix of sound and price.
Also which brands would fit in these options here..

Thanks Gurus
Nimz & Sparky

Last edited by Nimz : 20th July 2007 at 20:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks