Team-BHP - Upgrade of ICE on my baleno
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Upgrade of ICE on my baleno (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/25407-upgrade-ice-my-baleno.html)

hi guys ,

i want to upgrade my ice help needed of course .

currently i have a kenwoood cd player HU

front speakers are O.G. kenwood

rear are Oval's which are JBL cascade speakers .

i dont have much of boot space as i have gas installed on my machine.

what i have thought about is

1. TWO JBL amplifiers (1. 4 channel 2. channel ) pls help me with that
2. coaxial speakers from MOREL if that can fit or a component from JBL
3. A base tube again from JBL .

i dont have the model numbers that would be of gr8 help if u could tell me that with there prices
4. and a good set of power and audio cables (very important)

i simply love JBL becoz i have used them before here in India and Germany.

Are Bang and Olufsen products for car are available here in India . if Yes where can i listen to them here .

i normally listen to DOORS, pink flyod , a little of trance (electric).

Pls suggest guys . u r the supreme sound masters here !!!agree:

Could you provide your budget and are you sure there is enough space for a bass tube after installing gas ???

Quote:

A good 4 channel amplifier from JBL is the 75.4 costs around 12k, also there is the 60.4 for 8k if you intend to use all of them for the speakers, 2 channel amplifier would be the 60.2 but if you intend to power the subs then better to go in for a monoamp like the 300.1(300Watts RMS) for 12k or 600.1(600 Watts RMS) for 20k or the GTO 1201.1(1200Watts RMS) for 32k

A good set of Compos from JBL are the GTO 607c which retails for 6.5k

The CS1204T is a good bass tube with peak power of 1000W costs 6.5k

All prices B&W

There's a nice Baleno thread (All JBL) here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ed-baleno.html

There are more Baleno specific threads (I remember 2 older threads) in the ICE section someplace :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek_rait (Post 475089)

1. Why Morel? Have you heard them? Compared them to Hertz, Infinity, Focal, DLS, or Rainbow?

2. JBL 60.4 and 300.1 will cost you 20K and I think this is the cheapest JBL 4+mono combo going. Why are you considering a 2 ch. amp?

3. Why tube? I would suggest you hear the tube and the box and then decide.

I am also looking to ICE my Baleno.. dont need something super loud.. just loud and clear for music like Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Deep Purple etc...

Meaning not too bassy, more on treble, mid range and clarity

Suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 475888)
1. Why Morel? Have you heard them? Compared them to Hertz, Infinity, Focal, DLS, or Rainbow?

2. JBL 60.4 and 300.1 will cost you 20K and I think this is the cheapest JBL 4+mono combo going. Why are you considering a 2 ch. amp?

3. Why tube? I would suggest you hear the tube and the box and then decide.

* i have actually heard morel coax sounds good on mid bass frequencies. but not heard other ones so will do that asap

* 2 ch amp i was considering to power my rear speakers so that i can set them to my wish and the other 4.chn for the base tube and probably the front speakers (pls. help me out :confused: )

* tube i was considering that i dont have enough boot space now . but i can surely keep a box ( again would be glad for ur help).

hi again good to be back on t-bhp . i am now considering to put components on my car . pls suggest .

the components which i found was infinity - rs 6000
and to power the comp and the rear speakers (jbl cascade series) inherited from my old car :- blaupunkt mxII series four channel amp for rs :- 6400

is this good? or should i search for better options

i currently have kenwood cd as my H.U ,kenwood normal speakers at the front O.E. from maruti suzuuki, JBL cascade as my Rear Speaker . JBL 2 chn Amp and a A jbl base tube . the amp is only powerin the Base tube . JBl wiring for the system .

Another Query :-

Since i got the base tube in my car the rear speakers have no treble . i.e nothing at all . i am unable to locate the problem . PLS help on this and suggestions for the components would be welcomed heartedly

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek_rait (Post 550314)
Another Query :-
Since i got the base tube in my car the rear speakers have no treble . i.e nothing at all . i am unable to locate the problem . PLS help on this and suggestions for the components would be welcomed heartedly

Though not a guru, I had this problem recently, so may have a solution. The amp feeding the rears may have been set to filter out the highs (low pass filter). Check the switch, if there is one, that says HPF/LPF/FLAT. Set it to FLAT.
My installer had set the switch to HPF and I was getting only treble!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek_rait (Post 550314)
the components which i found was infinity - rs 6000
and to power the comp and the rear speakers (jbl cascade series) inherited from my old car :- blaupunkt mxII series four channel amp for rs :- 6400

is this good? or should i search for better options

It is a good decision to retain the co-axials. In the same price range for components, you may also try other brands like Hertz (DSK), JBL (GTO), Blau, Illusion, etc. Do listen to them before finalizing. :)

For the amplifier, you may also try the JBL 60.4, Pioneer (Forgot the Model no.).

About the 'no treble' problem, is it that you don't hear any treble in the front or no treble even when you listen with your ears close to the speakers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by filcord (Post 550491)
The amp feeding the rears may have been set to filter out the highs (low pass filter). Check the switch, if there is one, that says HPF/LPF/FLAT. Set it to FLAT.

Quote:

i currently have kenwood cd as my H.U ,kenwood normal speakers at the front O.E. from maruti suzuuki, JBL cascade as my Rear Speaker . JBL 2 chn Amp and a A jbl base tube . the amp is only powerin the Base tube
Fil, his co-axials are not powered by any amplifier :)

[quote=abhishek_rait;476041
* 2 ch amp i was considering to power my rear speakers so that i can set them to my wish and the other 4.chn for the base tube and probably the front speakers (pls. help me out :confused: )

* tube i was considering that i dont have enough boot space now . but i can surely keep a box ( again would be glad for ur help).[/QUOTE]

a dedicated mono amp is much nicer for the sub.

a tube and a box can occupy the same space. in fact if made custom, a box can be made to fit into a nook of the car's trunk and actually make more space available for other stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 550589)

Oops, Not only am I not a guru, also not a good reader!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksterraghu (Post 550589)
It is a good decision to retain the co-axials. In the same price range for components, you may also try other brands like Hertz (DSK), JBL (GTO), Blau, Illusion, etc. Do listen to them before finalizing. :)

For the amplifier, you may also try the JBL 60.4, Pioneer (Forgot the Model no.).

About the 'no treble' problem, is it that you don't hear any treble in the front or no treble even when you listen with your ears close to the speakers?

there is very little treble from the rear speakers rock ,also i m not using coax in the fronts as they got spoilt the bloody guy i dont know how he managed to spoil them . thats why i am looking for a descent components . the four channel amp will only be powering the components and the rear speakers .

do u guys think that i should go with this kind of installaion . or u guys suggest . i am open to all valuable inserts . ;)