Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2007, 17:17   #16

Thanks pandey.. I think it might be a good idea to go for OD speakers with Pioneer head unit. That way i will come to some parity with my budget without compromising on the quality.

Thanks everybody, this has been truly a great experience. I never experience such response times in any other site...

You guys rock!!!! and Team-Bhp Rocks!!!
Old 25th June 2007, 09:10   #17

co-axials in front is a big no ...no frm me. It has to be a 2W-component or beyond. THc 662 will replace THc 172. The THc and ODx combi is what I have in my car. Both uses the same fringe field technology only diff being the power and the cone material.THc 662 gonna hit India in July 1/2 week Ive heard that the stock is already in customs Chennai. Just check the specs of THc 662...awesome man...210W peak/50Hz-22Khz for a component that too at such a reasonable price....
Ill go with THc662 Frnt ODx 573 Rear....Donno about the pio unit but remember its the amp inside the unit that enhances the audio spectrum(if not going for ext Amp) and BLU has the best in class amps.
Old 25th June 2007, 13:13   #18

OK Agreed.. So With a Blau Bahamas and Thc 662 (if available) for Front and ODx 573 for rear.. how much I am looking at in terms of price.

Also One more thing.. A blau Bahamas or a pio HU and a Sony low budget amp.. Which one do you suggest?
Old 25th June 2007, 15:57   #19

bhamas ~10500 OR Maui MP36(should workout cheaper) you can ask deepak(i gave you the no...for the exact HU price)
ODx573 5400
THc172/662 ~5000
bargain the discount...5-10%
Old 2nd July 2007, 09:33   #20
BHPian

Hi All, I am looking for ICE for Fusion. I don't need power but very good quality music. Budget no constrain. Ipod connectivity is nice to have.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:10   #21
BHPian

hi san,

do you in any way related to or represent blaupunkt?
apratimg, there are many speaker brands out there so please try and listen before you buy.

for 15k, i would go for a -

basic pioneer HU - 5k
Fr components - Hertz deici dsk165/Jbl gto 607 for 6k
Rear co-ax - hertz deici dcx165 - 3700/jbl gto co-ax.(price ??)/GTO 937 6x9 for 4k

Hertz deici 6x9s are for 5200 if you can stretch your budget a little. :-)
or leave the rear speakers and look for a used amp or damp the front doors.

you can even go for cs series comps from jbl but i would suggest you go for hertz or jbl.

i dont know if the above speakers can be installed in ford fusion but i think a good installer would be able to fit them with a spacer ring.

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 2nd July 2007 at 17:13.
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:14   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by san_pandey View Post
Contact Ambica (BLU distributer at minister road ) OR Deepak MS at 9849102143 you can give my ref...Pandey
Do you represent Blaupunkt in any way?if so please read the link below esp point 4.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html
Old 2nd July 2007, 17:17   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
you can even go for cs series comps from jbl but i would suggest you go for hertz or jbl.

i dont know if the above speakers can be installed in ford fusion but i think a good installer would be able to fit them with a spacer ring.
the fusion has 8x6 speaker pods. one can fit a 6" speaker in this pod using a baffle. but one can also get a 6x8 (both JBL and Blau make one, I dont know about Hertz) that is a exact fit for the pod.
Old 2nd July 2007, 20:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

I think the Fusion has 5x7" stock pods. JBL and Blau do make coaxials of that size. Hertz has a 5x7" component in the Energy series in that size (ESK570).

Ref: Post #2 & #4 in this thread.
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:17   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I think the Fusion has 5x7" stock pods..
thanks for the correction. 5x7 it is. I am old and get things all mixed up I guess.
Old 4th July 2007, 11:38   #26

Chill guys...I don't represent Blaupunkt or anyone but me.. aprtimg is frm hyd so tried to give him details..I personally found BLUs sounding much better than JBLs at the same price range.. I also find people much biased towards JBLs.. Sam wrote somewhere, 'company's making only spkrs are a notch ahead of those who make HU+spkrs' I wanna know his comments 'bout JBL's home theatre systems.I know there are brands that offer great sound..but at what price??? I think BLUs pricing+sound package is perfect for a low budget install...
Old 4th July 2007, 12:07   #27

clipto..
Just compare your suggestions to mine and then talk:

basic pioneer HU - 5k to Bahamas MP46
Fr components - Hertz deici dsk165/Jbl gto 607 for 6k --To-- THc 662 far ahead in freq response/power handling capabilities/tight bass/very light weight.
Rear co-ax - hertz deici dcx165 - 3700/jbl gto co-ax.(price ??)/GTO 937 6x9 for 4k
--I suggested 5X7 (ODx 573) and not 6X9 pl check its specs and the technology it holds--CES award for tech excellance is not something everyone gets.
Bosch is Bosch
Old 4th July 2007, 14:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
clipto..

Fr components - Hertz deici dsk165/Jbl gto 607 for 6k --To-- THc 662 far ahead in freq response/power handling capabilities/tight bass/very light weight.
--I suggested 5X7 (ODx 573) and not 6X9 pl check its specs and the technology it holds--CES award for tech excellance is not something everyone gets.
Bosch is Bosch
well san, i dont think i need to compare my suggestions with any one here
i have written clearly 'in 15k i would go for'. im not forcing my suggestion or opinion on anyone.

like you have blaupunkt in your car, i have hertz/infinity/pio in mine. i had a blau setup in my octavia(the car got stolen) dont remember model nos.

talking about tech and awards, never bothered about them. i bought what sounded good to me in my budget.

these are not the only brands(jb/blau/pio) there are many more good and better brands out there so i would again say buy what sounds good to you rather than comparing tech specs, awards etc.

BTW you have crossed apartims' budget(around 19k)

cheers
clip

Last edited by clipto333 : 4th July 2007 at 14:36.
Old 4th July 2007, 14:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
clipto..

Bosch is Bosch
Shant, Pandey-ji, shant, uttejit mat hoiye.

By now reading different opinions and viewpoints on the ICE forum, one has to realize it is futile to compare absolute specs. Awards are more an imprecise indicator of perceived quality. If you go through the company websites of the brands talked of here, you will find that each lists a handful of awards, along with dubious reviews which always heap encomiums, never negative.

A better policy - that which is constantly talked of here - is to FIRST LISTEN to a set, preferably in a car, and then see if the price is right for you. Quite obviously you liked Blau, but then would you not appreciate the fact that someone else likes JBL, Hertz or Pio or even Sony? Or that, for someone else DLS or a/d/s is affordable?

Sab chalta hai, pyare!
Old 4th July 2007, 14:55   #30
BHPian

I dont see the point in trying to be pushy for a music system. Make a suggestion and leave it to the person to judge. Some people find blaupunkt better and some JBL.. the fact that people still buy sony speakers in thousands and millions indicate there is an obvious and natural difference of opinion among the people. So, please dont make this a 'mine is better than yours discussion'. Its what Apratim wants that matters the most.

Ok, from my past experience of having 2 systems in 2 cars with different characteristics, I find that emphasis should be given to good front speakers. So better to invest in good front speakers now and buy rear ones later , if needed. [ I am assuming only 2 people in the car most of the time. Well, if you travel with 5 people most of the time, then its a different story. So pls keep that in mind. ]

For the head units, there are 2-3 good brands to choose from which have already been mentioned here, blaupunkt/pioneer and alpine, but from what my own experience, I feel I would have been better off with a JVC head unit and a 2 channel dedicated amp for the fronts. (5+4K)
Going for coax in the fronts isnt a good idea, tweeters will be exciting the shoes instead of the ears All this I had to learn the hard way !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks