Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 11:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I'd have to agree here, LBM. There is a big difference between 8000 and 12000.
And even if Pioneer was 8K, given their sound quality, it would probably be last on my list.
I agree with you Sam Bhai the pioneer if judged with 8k value then it is quite better..

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I think I know him!!

Yes, I would agree with SAM here that everybody has a unique listening preference....you just cant compare brand X with brand Y vaguely. I think what LBM was trying to say that Pio is not that bad for the price that you pay.

Its purely a matter of personal choice.
Exactly right said Panky it is the matter of choice and I liked the pioneer kevlar better than the Dieci set. and it is matter of my choice.
Old 28th June 2007, 11:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
hmmm Exotic. Well it is regular akon number( Dirty Version).
Obviously, that 4 letter word got my undue attention... forgot for a moment that these things are normal!

Quote:
I guess it can handle upto 250 GB. Anyone with real figures?
That is great. JVC had only 1GB, and even newer ones have only 10GB or so. No comparison at all.
Old 28th June 2007, 11:48   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess it can handle upto 250 GB. Anyone with real figures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
That is great. JVC had only 1GB, and even newer ones have only 10GB or so. No comparison at all.

I think it is 4 gb for the 7950 but will have check as I cant get the manual on the web.
Old 28th June 2007, 12:19   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nice shots, BTW. What is the maximum capacity of USB drive it can handle?
I think it will be limited to the max size of USB card you get. USB hard drives demand alot of current (0.5-0.7A) and I dont think the HU can delvier that.
Old 28th June 2007, 12:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

Power requirement may be a concern. Though, I was talking about basic limitation of the HU, of not being able to cross a certain size limit even if the drive is powered independently.
Old 28th June 2007, 12:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Power requirement may be a concern. Though, I was talking about basic limitation of the HU, of not being able to cross a certain size limit even if the drive is powered independently.
there is a limitation of the USB controller which is in the HU some have a limit of 99 files in folder and some have 256 folders . so the best way is to look into the manual of the product in which it will be clearly mentioned.

the power part will not be a issue here if any pendrive is used.
Old 28th June 2007, 13:24   #67
Senior - BHPian

got it here Horse power is correct it support 250 gb.

Old 28th June 2007, 13:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

So, those who might be thinking of getting a JVC with USB as an important feature, beware!
Old 28th June 2007, 14:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I agree with you Sam Bhai the pioneer if judged with 8k value then it is quite better...
LBM Bhaiya, can you explain please?

I guess Sam wanted to say that even if Pioneer components are available for 8k instead of 12k( price mentioned by you), then also they figure quite low on his list of components.
Old 28th June 2007, 19:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM Bhaiya, can you explain please?

I guess Sam wanted to say that even if Pioneer components are available for 8k instead of 12k( price mentioned by you), then also they figure quite low on his list of components.
I meant that they are not worth 12k as there are better products available. but for 8k range they are quite good. and would not mind buying them for 8k.
Old 28th June 2007, 23:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I meant that they are not worth 12k as there are better products available. but for 8k range they are quite good. and would not mind buying them for 8k.
LBM, you had these Pioneer speakers in your car earlier, and you replaced them with something you find better than them. We are happy for you. You are most welcome to go out and buy them again, or not... its your choice. Just as its Horsepower's to buy HERTZ or whatever. Whats more, most here agree that your comparison is unfair.

Horsepower stated that his prior experience was with Pioneer speakers and he had spent the same amount of money on products without B&W. This time around, he spent the same amount but thinks his new speakers are better. Whats more, he is happy with his new setup and the speakers have B&W, well within his budget.

Eventually, this is his thread, his car, his ICE and his review. Unless Horsepower is asking you for your opinion, or you can provide him a better system (to his ears) with B&W under 20K, please stop justifying an unreasonable argument that serves no purpose other than forcing your opinion on others.
Old 28th June 2007, 23:35   #72
BHPian

Guys lets stop all this now. LBM Bhaiyya, I am very Happy with my install taking in consideration the price I have paid for it. I appreciate all your comments and level of knowledge regarding ICE setup.

However, there is no limit to all this system vystem thing. Better system doesn't mean an expensive one.

I trusted Gunbir with my car ICE setup because read about his work on the forum and how he and his team is dedicated to the cause of spreading right product knowledge, installation and information. I have not come across a single installer so involved in his work atleast in Delhi( though there maybe). I am sure I can recommend him for any future installations.

If you would have been a professional installer, would have loved to check out your work too, LBM. Since you are not, there is always an element of doubt. But I know you are good with DIY stuff.

Take Care
Old 29th June 2007, 00:17   #73
BHPian

ok since all of the audio gurus are here i just wanted to drop of a small tiny question as i am no ICE guru but what do you guys think of nippon speakers!
reason i am asking i kinda bought them 1.5 years ago and they do sound good!

Last edited by xinome : 29th June 2007 at 00:19.
Old 29th June 2007, 00:25   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
LBM, you had these Pioneer speakers in your car earlier, and you replaced them with something you find better than them. We are happy for you. You are most welcome to go out and buy them again, or not... its your choice. Just as its Horsepower's to buy HERTZ or whatever. Whats more, most here agree that your comparison is unfair.

Horsepower stated that his prior experience was with Pioneer speakers and he had spent the same amount of money on products without B&W. This time around, he spent the same amount but thinks his new speakers are better. Whats more, he is happy with his new setup and the speakers have B&W, well within his budget.

Eventually, this is his thread, his car, his ICE and his review. Unless Horsepower is asking you for your opinion, or you can provide him a better system (to his ears) with B&W under 20K, please stop justifying an unreasonable argument that serves no purpose other than forcing your opinion on others.

Firstly I am not forcing my opinion here I only pointed out which I though it non-appropriate that is the light year thing between pioneer or any other brands (check my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/477737-post30.html) I clear said all the brands not just about hertz. and even Sam Bhai supported me here checkout his post (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/481899-post51.html)

I changed the pioneer to DLS because I feel like it not because of that I did not like the sound of pioneer

and I have listened to the khaadu swift it was nice and ok sound for 20k but there are people who have installed the JBL or alpine speakers would also be satisfied so I dont think it is huge thing.

If HP is happy it is a good thing a happy satisfied customer. but say that other products other than what he has installed is crap is not correct.
Old 29th June 2007, 00:33   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you would have been a professional installer, would have loved to check out your work too, LBM. Since you are not, there is always an element of doubt. But I know you are good with DIY stuff.

My effort on this forum to help people is a total waste
. People who have asked me about there setup were wrong to ask me as they will doubt my answer will be correct or not....

Chalo leave it Sir I have no words to say a thing further..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks