Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 16:49   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Thank you EL, Navin Ji, Ajay Bhai, Santosh Ji, Panky Ji and Sam Bhai.
Please add me to your fan club LBM. BUT, what is the difference between Bhai, ji and EL? I am confused .
Old 29th June 2007, 16:53   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post

I think we overdid the encouragement thing, huh? What say all jis except Sam who's a bhai like me?
ya it went over board....

about the Ji and Bhai...I dont have any thing particular but they rhyme good..
Old 29th June 2007, 16:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Please add me to your fan club LBM. BUT, what is the difference between Bhai, ji and EL? I am confused .
Nothing sir, and there is no FAN club of mine. but there are many who have fans. I am happy with my Air conditioner . so no need of fans...
Old 29th June 2007, 17:15   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Nothing sir, and there is no FAN club of mine. but there are many who have fans. I am happy with my Air conditioner . so no need of fans...
I mean the fan club where the fan melts and falls on the floor without hurting the JBL tissue box
Old 29th June 2007, 21:08   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Let me try to explain, you see ICE is not merely a forum, it is a divine Gurukul of music...not just Indian, it is all embracing (except Himesh, probably) and so it includes all other kinds found on earth . There are various Gharanas too, most prominent being Harman-International (JBL/Infinity) and Elettromedia (Hertz/Audison) along with many others like Alpine, Pioneer and so on. Gharanas like Xplod, Bose, and anything that falls under Stock are infamous and so they don't have many followers. Not just that, a few Gharanas have been even exiled altogether! Occasionally, groups from different Gharanas may clash with each other and even indulge themselves in mud splashing. However, on a normal day the atmosphere is quite nice and a fun place. Devotees here are actually habitual of paying their respects from time to time, especially to Gurujis. Though in this case, overwhelmed LBM was just thanking his supporters for defending him against the allegation and he chose different words ("ji" and "bhai") just like that because he thought they would rhyme better! Clear now?

Last edited by ported_head : 30th June 2007 at 10:37.
Old 29th June 2007, 22:22   #96
Senior - BHPian

santosh.s: very nice explanation indeed, but you completely forgot the soomoku gharana.
Old 29th June 2007, 22:24   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

And me, I'm from the Dhoom gharana, by the way. Or is that chaar-aana? I can't remember.
Old 29th June 2007, 22:32   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
santosh.s: very nice explanation indeed, but you completely forgot the soomoku gharana.
How can I? You probably didn't notice that some have been actually "exiled"... though not mentioned, it obviously belongs to that list!
Old 29th June 2007, 22:45   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
And me, I'm from the Dhoom gharana, by the way. Or is that chaar-aana? I can't remember.
Good question, but that is the most difficult one to figure out
Old 29th June 2007, 23:22   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think we overdid the encouragement thing, huh? What say all jis except Sam who's a bhai like me?
Hey hey hey, come one, where is the ji & the bhai for me, huh ? or just plain anna would have sufficed. ..but seriously i am glad that you are back with the bol tararaaa or whatever that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Occasionally, groups from different Gharanas may clash with each other and even indulge themselves in mud splashing.
Yeah, that does happen, doesn't it ? hope there are no hard feelings harboured after that, that is the spirit of Music & ICE. ICE, i believe is only as good as the music.
Old 30th June 2007, 00:29   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
but seriously i am glad that you are back with the bol tararaaa or whatever that means.
As they say, music has no language... you got the message right! BTW, I can enjoy Tamil (or any language, like Punjabi) music without understanding a thing of lyrics, provided tastes and the mood match. Like AR Raheman, Hariharan songs. There may be many others whose names are not known to me, these names are familiar because I am their fan and they have presence in Bollywood.

Quote:
Yeah, that does happen, doesn't it ? hope there are no hard feelings harboured after that, that is the spirit of Music & ICE. ICE, i believe is only as good as the music.
No, not at all... what I harbor are some "interesting" memories, no hard or soft feelings. I do have some spirit of music in me, at least so much so that I had joined a classical music class at the age of 25 and continued for 1.5 years. The class itself was even more full of spirit, because devotees in that Gurukul comprised of 5 year old innocents along with a 65 year old granny. The "Guru" relocated to some far away place, otherwise I would have continued for some more time. Not that I wanted to participate in "Indian Idle" or anything (which I don't watch anyway), just to get a "feeling" of what classical music is.
Old 30th June 2007, 01:52   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
As they say, music has no language... you got the message right! BTW, I can enjoy Tamil (or any language, like Punjabi) music without understanding a thing of lyrics, provided tastes and the mood match. Like AR Raheman, Hariharan songs.
Talking of AR Rehman music, I have heard one of his album which I guess was in Tamil ( Does he do tamil songs ) Actually I don't know which language it was, but sounded definitely a south Indian one. The music he gives is amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed some 30 mins of listening to that tape in which I didn't understand single word.
Old 30th June 2007, 07:47   #103
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Santosh Bhai. for the gharana thing. so now we will be have saas and bahu stuf also here.
Old 30th June 2007, 09:44   #104
Senior - BHPian

To use the immortal words from an old Indian soap (I forget whether it was DD or Star) "Yeh kya hon raha hai?".

It was going fine till the Gharanas (ri Santosh-avare, Soomoku nimmade gharana ankondidde, tappaitu, kshamisi), and now "saas and bahu"????

Bhai LBM, kripaya vicharon ka aadan-pradaan purushon tak hi seemit rakkhein, istriyon ke compartment mein mat jayein, warna saara music phir se TS-20 cacophony ban jayega
Old 30th June 2007, 10:02   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Talking of AR Rehman music, ... I thoroughly enjoyed some 30 mins of listening to that tape in which I didn't understand single word.
Try Ilayaraja some time, if you can lay your hands on some of his stuff. You won't need to understand the words, just the instrumentals and the melody speaks for itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks