Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 11:38   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
It was going fine till the Gharanas (ri Santosh-avare, Soomoku nimmade gharana ankondidde, tappaitu, kshamisi), and now "saas and bahu"????
Sir, I am not a Kannadiga, my mother tongue is Marathi. Bhai log like B&T and Sam from Mumbai would probably prefer to call me a "ghati" (hopefully they must be familiar with that word). Sam, I wouldn't mind that, but please don't spell my name as "Santhosh" OK, let me try to understand what the old man is saying (for myself and others)- "ri' and "avare" are Kannad counterparts of "ji". Asking whether soomoku is the Gharana to which I belong? and saying sorry in case I mind it? No I don't "belong" to them, but I still have some soft corner and I haven't completely ruled out installing their sub (but not speakers)

Didn't get why LBM got into soap operas?? Only possible link I can find is that they too have Gharana systems! Their Gharanas are very different though. They are invariably filth rich, snobbish, usually own a group of companies with crores worth of turnover, and most importantly people are engaged in plotting silly conspiracies all the time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Try Ilayaraja some time, if you can lay your hands on some of his stuff. You won't need to understand the words, just the instrumentals and the melody speaks for itself.
He is a legend and almost everybody (at least in south) knows him.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:01   #107
Senior - BHPian

kya yaar SAM....

dost dost naa raha, pyaar pyaar na raha.
ja JBL waleh hume tera aitbaar na raha!!

abhi i leave "pyaar" for people to interpret!
Old 30th June 2007, 12:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Didn't get why LBM got into soap operas?? Only possible link I can find is that they too have Gharana systems! Their Gharanas are very different though. They are invariably filth rich, snobbish, usually own a group of companies with crores worth of turnover, and most importantly people are engaged in plotting silly conspiracies all the time!!
and the ladies control ever thing. from cooking food to selling company worth crore rupees. and wearing makeup even in bed.

but here at T-Bhp the Gharana`s are mad for SQ only nothing else..no body wants SPL baba.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:18   #109
Senior - BHPian

Can you ladies please get back to discussing audio again?
Old 30th June 2007, 12:28   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Can you ladies please get back to discussing audio again?
I dont seen any ladies here..they are gentlemen only.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:30   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

No LBM, he's right. Enough OT already. Even I am guilty. Please, no more idle banter. A humble request.
Audio, or this thread has no more purpose.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 30th June 2007 at 12:35.
Old 30th June 2007, 12:36   #112
Senior - BHPian

OK Sam Bhai

HP are you planning to add a amp to the setup or you are happy with the present one.
Old 30th June 2007, 13:31   #113
BHPian

Well the above question was for HP, but let me put my cents. I have almost similar setup with the difference only in the HU (mine is 5950) and the place of installation (Driven). I feel the need for amp and sub. Till now have decided GTO75.4 , 10" sub and damping as second and probably last round of ICE upgrade.

Also I think the sub's need would largely depend of the music taste one person has.
Old 30th June 2007, 14:19   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Well the above question was for HP, but let me put my cents. I have almost similar setup with the difference only in the HU (mine is 5950) and the place of installation (Driven). I feel the need for amp and sub. Till now have decided GTO75.4 , 10" sub and damping as second and probably last round of ICE upgrade.

Also I think the sub's need would largely depend of the music taste one person has.
I would recommend a 12 inch as it will better than a 10 inch and will give more SPL also.
Old 30th June 2007, 15:12   #115
Senior - BHPian

You can try JBL 12" bass tube as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks