Team-BHP - Srv Ice
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Srv Ice (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/25469-srv-ice.html)

My friend is getting an SRV (amazing car) and needs to get some ICE.
As the title mentions his budget is 50k and wants to use the stock locations as much as possible. (I guess it can take 6" in all four doors )
It has an alpine dual din Hu (the same as the NHC vtec) is this good or does it need to be changed ?? Can a sub fit sideways in one corner of a boot ???
EDIT: He listens to hip hop and old hindi music at times too

First SRV ICE here (*rubbing hands in glee*).

Going by the Optra, I it probably does take 6.5" in front & back.

The Alpine Dual-DIN HU, if it is the same as the one in the NHC VTEC, is a very good unit. I don't think he should change it. I'm not very sure of the pre-outs this HU has (or whether it has pre-outs at all -- I think it does). In any case, most amps take speaker-level input so this is ok.

HU: OE HU
Front Components: Hertz ESK165 (9K) or Infinity Reference (7K?) or Alpine S type (9K?)
Rear coaxials: Hertz ECX165 (5.4K) or Infinity Reference (4K?) or Alpine S type (5K?)
Amp (4-ch, for front comps and the sub): JBL 75.4 (13K).
Sub: Hertz ES300D (8K) or JBL GT-4 12 (5K) & a sealed box (1.5K)
Power, RCAs and Speaker wires: 3K + 2K + 2K (approx) = 7K (RCA wires will be needed only if the HU has preouts. Else, take away the 2K for RCAs and add another 1K for speaker wires. I'd use Audison speaker wire for the speaker level input at least, if I were your friend).
Damping (Front Doors, Boot, C Pillar): 6K
TOTAL: 50K Maximum (rounded).

Haven't seen the boot so can't say about the corner. But if you plan for a fibreglass enclosure, plan for another 2K or so for the fibreglass work and permanent loss of boot-space.

Do get your friend to post pics when he's done with the install.

Any idea where we could get alpine in hyderabad ?
No offence to the gurus but how come no one recommends boston acoustics, polk audio, rockford fosgate, mtx audio etc...
Is it just that they are too expensive and not vfm or are they just bad ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 476719)
First SRV ICE here (*rubbing hands in glee*).

HU: OE HU
Front Components: Hertz ESK165 (9K) or Infinity Reference (7K?) or Alpine S type (9K?)
Rear coaxials: Hertz ECX165 (5.4K) or Infinity Reference (4K?) or Alpine S type (5K?)
Sub: Hertz ES300D (8K) or JBL GT-4 12 (5K) & a sealed box (1.5K)
Power, RCAs and Speaker wires: 3K + 2K + 2K (approx) = 7K (RCA wires will be needed only if the HU has preouts. Else, take away the 2K for RCAs and add another 1K for speaker wires. I'd use Audison speaker wire for the speaker level input at least, if I were your friend).
Damping (Front Doors, Boot, C Pillar): 6K
TOTAL: 50K Maximum (rounded).

That is exactly within the budget :Shockked: Am I in the ICE forum or am I lost ?lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 476719)

Wouldnt it be better i got a 2 channel for the front speakers and a monobloc for the sub ?
Does hertz or infinity make amps :confused:

Actually I would suggest you squeeze in a Mono for the sub since you can do it in your current budget.

Comps: 7k
Coaxials: 5k
4-ch amp: 13k
Sub + box: 7k
Cables: 7k
Mono (Pioneer): 9k
Damping (If required): 6k

So for 54k you can get everything and more if you also factor in the discounts you will get on the equipment. Good Luck!

Did they fix the gearbox in the SRV like they did for the Aveo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 (Post 476937)
Wouldnt it be better i got a 2 channel for the front speakers and a monobloc for the sub ?
Does hertz or infinity make amps :confused:

If you plan to add a single sub then a good powerful 4 ch is enough like the pioneer 944, jbl 75.4

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 476945)
Did they fix the gearbox in the SRV like they did for the Aveo?

No clue but when i drove it i felt it was ok ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 (Post 476935)
That is exactly within the budget :Shockked: Am I in the ICE forum or am I lost ?lol:

cauz Hydra skipped the HU; well a unit like 7950/P880 would add a couple of thousands.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 476955)
cauz Hydra skipped the HU; well a unit like 7950/P880 would add a couple of thousands.:)

No he did not he recommended the OEM HU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 476969)
No he did not he recommended the OEM HU.

OT
Anshuman, we seeing you in the evening? And Panky, you're a bad boy. Shame on you for missing out these meets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 (Post 476932)
No offence to the gurus but how come no one recommends boston acoustics, polk audio, rockford fosgate, mtx audio etc...
Is it just that they are too expensive and not vfm or are they just bad ?

Still no answer.....
Hope i dint offend anyonesorry:

@cooldude,

Bostons get good when you go up the price ladder. The entry-to-medium speakers have a love-it-or-hate-it sound that's difficult to describe. But listen and see. If your friend likes it, that's that -- He'll be happy.

Polk makes good stuff. Good sounding stuff too. But my personal preferences differ. Again, I don't prefer the sound of RF comps to my favourite speaker brand but that's me. Haven't listened to MTX comps :D

All this stuff is very subjective, and depends on what the listener likes and is looking for. Most of us don't know exactly what that is, but we will know it the moment we listen to a speaker that gives us that sound. That's why ultimately the guy/gal who is buying the stuff should listen to a few brands and then buy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 (Post 476935)
That is exactly within the budget Am I in the ICE forum or am I lost ?

Oye! Don't tell me you left a 10K buffer to account for the TBHP ICE budget-expansion-syndrome? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 477396)
Bostons get good when you go up the price ladder. The entry-to-medium speakers have a love-it-or-hate-it sound that's difficult to describe.

Umm... Dunno bout that. We have a friend who bought Bostons Pro60 components ($600 a pair) and is running them off a JL audio slash series amp, 450/4 in his Accord. Then he heard Driven's Accord with Hertz ESK165s and he was blown. He is now upgrading to the HERTZ Hi Energy comps. So what I'm trying to say is Boston does make good stuff, its just that they are overpriced when compared to other good products.