Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 12:41   #61
Team-BHP Support

Sheldon, please email these pictures to the Tata design factory saying that you got a car with this and you are not able to source this part from anywhere and they will run their life out to find out who made it! GREAT JOB MAN I cannot believe this is after market. BRILLIANT!!
Old 5th July 2007, 12:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Woooow, its looks so OEM. Can you please post the prices of the screen and what features does it have.
Old 5th July 2007, 13:09   #63
Senior - BHPian

Just checked the link on the first post, the Screen costs 12k and the features are listed on the site.

Do let us know the progress on the car PC.
Old 5th July 2007, 13:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Just checked the link on the first post, the Screen costs 12k and the features are listed on the site.

Do let us know the progress on the car PC.
ya I also waiting for the same..
Old 5th July 2007, 14:14   #65
Senior - BHPian

Me in the queue too, me hearties!

Wow, @shldn, this can fool even the designers as an OEM item. You're a magician.

Now, if I can lay my hands on a good deco veneer! I wanted to take a different approach for Safari - replace that God-forsaken plastic monstrosity they call the center console. Acres of space lost by a simple-minded designer.

To reclaim that space, I would need to reposition everything there - I'd rather put the AC controls at the bottom (what were the designers thinking - that we fiddle with the AC controls every 5 minutes?), then the switches above it, then the HU / LCD unit. Who knows, I may be able to put in a 2-DIN HU then, maybe even a pocket for CD covers.

Maybe someone can clarify a doubt if you have noticed it after removing the console facia: is the AC air-direction adjuster coupled to the dampers by a rod or by cables? Can that be shifted at all?

@Steeroid also wants the center-console redo in his Safari, from what he wrote last.
Old 5th July 2007, 14:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

hard work really pays of

looks like oem perfect finish

good job bro
Old 5th July 2007, 14:41   #67
BHPian

Tata will be ashamed to this finish. Bitten them a mile , what a job done. keep it Up!!!
It;s perfact match.
Old 5th July 2007, 15:43   #68
BHPian

Great job.

I am picking nits here but maybe you should have angled it upwards a bit.

How is the visibility for the driver/front passenger ?

cheers.
Old 5th July 2007, 16:13   #69
BHPian

hi,

great work there. congrats. my hand are itching to do this since when i saw ankurs install. but you know things are quite difficult for a married man lol. my wife hates these screens but i love them.

how much would a basic carputer with a touch screen interface cost? maybe you can help me ankur? both you guys have done a great job

cheers
clip
Old 5th July 2007, 16:52   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
hi,

great work there. congrats. my hand are itching to do this since when i saw ankurs install. but you know things are quite difficult for a married man lol. my wife hates these screens but i love them.

how much would a basic carputer with a touch screen interface cost? maybe you can help me ankur? both you guys have done a great job

cheers
clip
yaar what do what to do , or you want to do everything , yaat get serious sometime you want to do everything.
Old 5th July 2007, 19:31   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
yaar what do what to do , or you want to do everything , yaat get serious sometime you want to do everything.
lbm paaji, yess i want to do everything that make me happy. i knew you would say that(i swear) you can ask my wifey, i had an argument about all the things i wanted to do. you just cant imagine how much i love audio, you just cant.

ok tell me what i said i want to do is not possible or i cant do it. i am very serious about car audio, its not a joke. :-)

i would like to have an opinion of all the bhpians here who love audio and diy, am i doing anything wrong or crazy? dont i have a right to have the best i can afford?

why would you spend lacs on audio lbm? tell me? i would spend crores if i had. :-)

no offence to you or anyone brother

cheers
clip
Old 5th July 2007, 19:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful. Neat and tidy. Truly OEM-like. Can't wait to see it lit up. Extreme kudos to you, buddy.
Old 5th July 2007, 20:14   #73
BHPian

maybe i should stop posting in team bhp and leave it? what say lbm? :-) you want that to happen? im not getting a good feeling.

clip
Old 5th July 2007, 20:44   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, if I can lay my hands on a good deco veneer! I wanted to take a different approach for Safari - replace that God-forsaken plastic monstrosity they call the center console. Acres of space lost by a simple-minded designer.

To reclaim that space, I would need to reposition everything there - I'd rather put the AC controls at the bottom (what were the designers thinking - that we fiddle with the AC controls every 5 minutes?), then the switches above it, then the HU / LCD unit. Who knows, I may be able to put in a 2-DIN HU then, maybe even a pocket for CD covers.
Why are all Safari people behind reclaiming their life and other things

Where have you placed the USB from the screen?
Old 5th July 2007, 21:42   #75
BHPian

shldn awesome
do keep us updated with the specs how you got it connected wiring and stuff

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks