sorry for the mistake rudra....
i'll start again,
i'm lookin for 4ch amp below 6k
and i'm goin for an aux setup.....
i've enquired from a dealer abt the aux setup....he said there are 2 options
1. normal aux cable and the other one - 750 bucks
2. the wire with which u connect the multi-cd changer.... 1000 bucks
which one will be better
1. when you are dissatisfied with the sound of ANY system it is best to listen without ANY EQ. So I would say FIRST listen to your system with all settings ar ZERO and let us know what you dont like about the sound. Note you will notice that your volume levels on the HU will a bit higher but do not worry about that.

2. A good amp 4ch. amp consider the Pio 6200 at about 7K. If 6K is the absolute limit the Sony 554 offers you very good VFM if a little grainy sound.

Last edited by navin : 1st July 2007 at 21:11.
Old 1st July 2007, 22:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
offers you very good VFM if a little grainy sound.
This word "grainy" can be found often in ICE, what does it really mean? Can you please explain it briefly?
Old 1st July 2007, 23:16   #63
Team-BHP Support

Best was to understand this is to listen.

Listen to the 554 and say an Audison amp connected to the same set of speakers.
Old 2nd July 2007, 08:28   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
This word "grainy" can be found often in ICE, what does it really mean? Can you please explain it briefly?
This word when taken from our AudMod's audio dictionary, implies that the amplifier had a "raw and edgy" flavor in the mid and high frequencies. This is typical of most budget amps below 10k. These amps do put out power, but with very little finesse. This works well for the budget segment where folks mostly want loudness, SQ be damned.
Old 2nd July 2007, 09:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
From what Gunbir has said, it sounds like (pun unintended; one can only 'visualize' from words, 'audio'lize is rather difficult - even Navin said "listen to") the cheaper amps must be producing more than what was there in the original signal.
- "Raw" would literally mean "as it is" which is not a bad thing signal-wise (hi-fidelity?), unless we are using the taste equivalent - imagine raw karela, star fruit, unripe banana, durian ... the name itself causes a shiver!
- maybe "edgy" is an indicator of transients being modified in a negative sense, like dischordant harmonics generated (by df/dt of the signal in frequency domain, like harmonics of a step transient in frequency) - imagine the HF generated by chalk or nails on blackboard
As usual, physics & mathematics may describe the phenomenon accurately, but not convey understanding. Listening proves the difference, but that leads to abstract articulation - which again may not promote understanding.
Old 2nd July 2007, 09:25   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
This word when taken from our AudMod's audio dictionary, implies that the amplifier had a "raw and edgy" flavor in the mid and high frequencies. This is typical of most budget amps below 10k. These amps do put out power, but with very little finesse. This works well for the budget segment where folks mostly want loudness, SQ be damned.

so u mean to say tht the pio 6200 which also produce grainy sound???
i'm going to the ICE dealers 2day......
weill get the list of amps and their prices
Old 2nd July 2007, 10:38   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrayv View Post
so u mean to say tht the pio 6200 which also produce grainy sound???
i'm going to the ICE dealers 2day......
weill get the list of amps and their prices
I have not heard the 6200 but have heard the 6100. It is not grainy and is better VFM in my view than the Sony 554. I assume the 6200 will be similar. grainyness is not the aspect we need to watchful for. for example I found the 6100 a triffle "soft". Not "soft" as in opposite of "loud" but "soft" as in opposite of "hard". Still these amps are great amps for the money.
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:20   #68
BHPian

some one just PMed me....he's offering a pio 6100 amp....6 months old....for 5k....
is it worth???
Old 2nd July 2007, 13:32   #69
Team-BHP Support

You can get a new 6200 for 7K. You decide.
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:42   #70
BHPian

i would like to buy a set of tweeters? Which one should i go for, Pioneer or Sony ? what the prices of these tweeters? Please help.
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:16   #71
Senior - BHPian

Why you want to but just the tweeters what all other stuff you are using in you car. I will say go in for a component set.
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:52   #72
BHPian

Karan,
I know that components are anyday better than tweeters, this is for my friend, he already purchases 4'' Kenwood speakers, 4 way 6x9 ovals , DVD head unit and Kenwood 4 channel amp, i had told him to go for components, but he bought all these stuffs from Dubai. Now he wants a tweeter and told me to get one, in our area the market is flooded with fake pioneer tweeters, suggest me some one good tweeter set.
Old 4th June 2009, 13:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Drop the idea of using additional tweeters with the 4" Kenwood ones. On one hand it will not add any value to the existing image, on the other it is likely to produce harsh irritating sound that does not blend with the rest of the sound unless you have a proper crossover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks