Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 13:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
There are plenty of 3 wheelers (mostly Bajaj REs) with audio systems all over Kerala. This is mostly in what are known as "Gulf Pockets", where expat money is flowing.
Another reason would be in Kerala, most of these Autos with 'ding chak' systems are driven by the onwers, thats why you see them all well maintained, good seats, and a lot of decorative work.

Where as in Blore what i see is, the owner has a fleet of autos, and he rent them out to drivers at some 500 bucks or more a day. The driver is least bothered abt maintaining it, let alone install an audio system.

you would have noticed that autos running in kerala (dont know abt those bit cities, but those towns) they run much quieter, no fuel adulteration, so i guess that adds to the humm of nature.
Old 29th June 2007, 14:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Fusion is a well respected brand, their products are pretty decent,
We have seen a lot of dhik chik dhik chik in autos etc but this is not that, this is like proper SQ for a transport vehicle, I have seen subs going into cabs and autos but not FUSION and Kenwood, Fusion costs more than JBL in a product to product comparison.
Old 29th June 2007, 14:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
you would have noticed that autos running in kerala (dont know abt those bit cities, but those towns) they run much quieter, no fuel adulteration, so i guess that adds to the humm of nature.
Once these autos get old in Kerala, they are all dumped into Karnantaka. You can see many KL registered autos (in not-so-good condition) in Mysore. So, when it comes to "ICEing in Auto", looks like Kerala is leading the pack !!! Well maintained & well ICEd riks !!! good going Kerala
Old 29th June 2007, 14:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Fusion is a well respected brand, their products are pretty decent,
We have seen a lot of dhik chik dhik chik in autos etc but this is not that, this is like proper SQ for a transport vehicle, I have seen subs going into cabs and autos but not FUSION and Kenwood, Fusion costs more than JBL in a product to product comparison.
Just because something costs more doesn't mean its better. I have seen and heard the Fusion products up close at a dealers and they are just (New Zealand based, China made) mass marketed crap. There is absolutely no know how or engineering lineage behind the brand. Even build quality is not up to the mark if you consider the price they're being sold at. Their only claim to fame is being green in color. And they sound below average. I would prefer a JBL product over a Fusion any day. This is just my opinion though.
Old 29th June 2007, 14:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

I guess our "secret weapon" may be busy right now getting details on Fusion!

If it is costlier than JBL, then probably it can be a proper SQ for cars as well. The sub seems to have a solid cast-aluminum kind of basket, is it so? And does it have a metal cone, or is it just some shiny coat to make it bling-bling?
Old 29th June 2007, 14:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I guess our "secret weapon" may be busy right now getting details on Fusion!

If it is costlier than JBL, then probably it can be a proper SQ for cars as well. The sub seems to have a solid cast-aluminum kind of basket, is it so? And does it have a metal cone, or is it just some shiny coat to make it bling-bling?
Its just bling bling. And its a stamped basket.
Old 29th June 2007, 14:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Gunbir, you must have understood, but just to clarify, I didn't see your post before posting mine.
Old 29th June 2007, 15:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

How much knowledge of ice does these transport vehicle driver will have...will he be knowing that it is a woofer or buffer. can he tell the difference between cd , tape or fm playing. can he tell when the sound is distortioning. I think he only know the volume control and rew and ff buttons thats all. so why are we expecting SQ here. Or we much educated every transport vehicle driver what is SQ and he will be getting better result with JBL speaker.

also this thread is about ice most unexpected vehicles not to see that the driver is getting proper SQ.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 29th June 2007 at 15:57.
Old 30th June 2007, 11:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
If it is costlier than JBL, then probably it can be a proper SQ for cars as well.

Costlier = SQ?? think twice! a live example is BOSE.
Old 30th June 2007, 11:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Costlier = SQ?? think twice! a live example is BOSE.
I talked about my first impression about something that I never knew before. Yes, it was a generalization. But I think I am one of those here who are the first ones to question that price=SQ equation and dying to find out best VFM products, isn't it?
Old 30th June 2007, 13:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
I have seen and heard the Fusion products up close at a dealers and they are just (New Zealand based, China made) mass marketed crap.
I have not heard their entire range play, but yes I also acknowledge that they are overpriced in India, the MRP for a component speaker is higher than JBL and I don't think it can beat JBL in performance, have not heard any of the amps either and thats where the mettle of a product line comes out, however, I don't think mass marketted crap is the right description, they are not that bad, I would say it's okay stuff.
"Mass Marketted Crap" in India is more like Earthquake, none of their products ever Impressed and I have no clue on what they base their product pricing.
So is even Earthquake a virtual office american brand ?? cos I have not seen any of that selling in the US.
Old 30th June 2007, 13:32   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Earthquake used to be a good brand making some very respected SPL products when I was younger. Now, well, it doesn't even look like it's the same company.
Old 2nd July 2007, 05:08   #28
BANNED

In Kerala, most of the autoricks are having cheap assembled speakers & HU. It's really horrible to sit in that 3-wheelers. But, most of them are well maintained since the drivers itself are the owners.

In Bangalore also, almost all of the 3-wheelers are having the music systems because of the large no of FM stations !!!
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Well heres an HU we never saw before...

Old 23rd October 2007, 13:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Well heres an HU we never saw before...
Its the cockpit voice recorder dude.

For when the whatever line buses you call em plunge into valleys.

Most Viewed