Team-BHP - URGENT!! help regarding basic system for parents..price doubt
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   URGENT!! help regarding basic system for parents..price doubt (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/25779-urgent-help-regarding-basic-system-parents-price-doubt.html)

hi..sorry about posting a thread with such basic doubts!! as is obvious, you guys discuss way cooler stuff!!
well we just booked a getz gle 1.1 in calcutta.. need a very basic system for my parents.. cd+ mp3+ four speakers(6" - that requires no modification of the car interiors)
The showroom guys offered a setup as follows(original set with bill - post bargaining) :

1. sony head unit, (cheapest they had with aux in-forgot model number) - Rs. 6900
2. 4 6" SONY speakers (i think srk 220) - Rs. 1200 a pair.

do you guys think this is a fair enough price, i thought the headunit was a little expensive!! they didn't have any cheaper pioneer!
JVC - 5900. are there any other headunits within this range? aux in slot would be preffered!
Besides do u'll think this is a good enuf setup or should they go in for blaupunkt speakers?
Thanks a lot guys, need to confirm it by mondaY, hence th urgency!

head unit model offered is - CDX-GT260S
everything is with B&W
speakers - xs gf 1022x

Pioneer 2950 is going for less than 5000 bucks.
Dont get a SONY.

what is your budget?

Welcome to the ICE section.

Ronk, if I had a choice, I would not buy a music system from the car showroom. Can you not buy from them? Or do you have to?
In any case, those Sony speakers are putrid. Buy any other speakers, but not those.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronk
sorry about posting a thread with such basic doubts!! as is obvious, you guys discuss way cooler stuff!!

No we don't. Please don't apologise, we discuss EXACTLY what your query is. So go ahead and post your doubts.

haha.. thanks sam bhaiyya for the cordial welcome....
well, i'll probably be able to convince my dad to get it done elsewhere, just that he doesn' want to get the car worked upon again at another shop!!
ideally our budget would be 8500, but this present setup is only coming to more than that!! i'm sure if it makes considerable diff then we'll get it done elsewhere..
can you suggest anything within that range? as from this dealership, this seems to be the cheapest head unit, i'll probably get to choose the speakers.. wht should be my other choice?
can anyone suggest a could Ice place to go to in kolkata??
oh, and btw, sam bhaiyya i think i saw you at barbeque nation - mumbai, a couple of months back.

thanks again for the suggestions, i'll check out the pioneer 2950.

ha ha.. thanks sam bhaiyya for the welcome..
well, if it makes considerable diff then im sure i can get dad to change his mind, and get the ice done elsewhere.. but can anyone suggest a decent place in kolkata??
my budget would ideally be around 8500 for the entire unit, altho this setup itself is coming to more than that!!
the dealer would probably be able to give me other speakers, which one should i go in for??
which head unit would be good at this price?
thanks guys for the suggestions.. i'll check out the pio 2950.. specks seem good enuf for us!!
btw, sam bhaiyya , i think i saw u at barbeque nation - bombay a couple of months back!

Pioneer 2950/3950 HU with JBL CS series of components in the front and CS series coaxials at the rear.

I will only buy this if faced with a similar situation. :)

Congrats on the Getz! Looks like you're Hyundai for life!

Avoid Sony, that's all I know.

Sam bhaiyya?! Hahahaha...

hey.. get a pioneer 2950(rs 4200 approx) or a 3950(rs 4700 approx) and a pair of jbl speakers at the back and jbl/pioneer speakers @ the front.

hey .. thanks .. well i'll check them out.. oh just want decent clarity.. no need for much bass etc..
oh and will the pioneer HUs come with B&W at that price?? dad kinda insistin on that

For 10K you should spend 4-5K on a Hu like the Blau Mumbai or the PIo 2950 and the remaining 5-6K on 4 6" coax speakers from JBL CS series or Blau. Another option would be to listen to Pio speakers as well, I know a few people who prefer Pio's sound to JBL and Blaupunkt.

thanks..im trying to get something like that together.. will it be possible to mix pio or sony 6" in front and jbl 6"at the back.. or vice versa as you'll suggest.

Why would you want to mix 2 different sounding speakers? I would suggest you stick to the same brand back and front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronk (Post 486063)
thanks..im trying to get something like that together.. will it be possible to mix pio or sony 6" in front and jbl 6"at the back.. or vice versa as you'll suggest.

sony does not make good speakers. given your budget you can afford better.