Team-BHP - Can it get any better?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Can it get any better? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/25789-can-get-any-better.html)

Hi,

i am Paras and i am wondering if someone could help me make my "ICE" sound a little better.

I've seen all the threads and i really appreciate your knowledge.
you guys rock!

well, my ICE is pretty much self made, i've installed everything on my own; so it's not very neat.

i have a pioneer 306DVC, JBL speakers at the back and pioneers at front.
the woofer and JBL are driven by a Sony 554 (yeah, i know i should have mercy on the poor thing)

maybe the woofer box is not good enough, but i feel if i get a bigger amp the woofer and speakers would go kaput (i know i am wrong on this, so please tell me i am wrong!)

my first problem is the vibration!

i've solved the number plate problem by using double sided tape and elfy(it doesn't need screws anymore) but i hear some vibration from the rear bumper.

Do i have to remove it and check? or may its the power antenna?

for dampening, can i use the grey or white colored sheet which is mostly used by the AC guys?

i am posting some pictures, i'll post more of the woofer box tomorrow.
i can make my own box, i just need advice if it should be ported (and how) or a sealed box, and the dimensions.

Thanks guys.. would like to see you at the next delhi G2G...

pics -

Speakers -

Amp -

Woofer -

By reading your post, I think it is just the vibration which is causing problems. Are you not happy with the way your system sounds?

Vibration problems can be sorted out with a bit of damping job. Yes, you can either opt for local foam materials which are inexpensive (less effective too) or go for high quality damping mats like Fonomat/Dynamat etc..
Play the system loud enough. Touch and feel every part you suspect of vibration. And once you spot out the culprit, do whatever you can to stop it from vibrating. Sometimes, a few pieces of foam will do, or it maybe some loose screws. Once You're done with that certain part, move onto other areas.
Yes! It is a painful job. But worth it.

What Pioneer speakers do you have in your front?

thanks for your reply speedzak.

i got started early today andspent about three hours stripping by boot apart - newspapers, empty bottles.. and what not, i guess they were a major cause.

but there was still something i could hear on both sides of the back bumper. so, i took apart the plstic on the inside of the boot. first i thought it was the loose wires from the power antenna.

bit there was more to it. there is a vent on both sides with a rubber flap to it.. i turned on the system and there it was (brrr... brrr.. brrr..)
i've taken it off from both sides, though i really don't know what it is meant for.

i am happy the vibration is gone!

there areill some vibrations in the speaker tray, i'll work on that soon.

i am attaching some pictures of this "vent" that has irritated me for about 11 months!

also, are pictures of my oofer box. LBM bro...hydro... help me out.. i don't think this box is good. from the port you can actually hear the noice that the porting is not good enough.

vents -

this is with the flap removed (on the side), also you can see the loose wires -

other side, with the flap -

and without the flap -

there was one thing more which i didn't expect would make such vibrations! the bumper beading, replaced it with new double tape and elfy - desi jugaad!

now for the woofer box, some random pics. if you would like me to remove the woofer and then get some pics, i am fine with it. -

thanks again and i am sorry if the pictures take time to load :p

oh no...this is the worst enclosure I have seen in my life....

You got to replace it ASAP.

hahahaha, LBM...i knew you'll say that!
so, can i get one in the market? specifocally for a 306DVC, or should i make one? (i remember makin 3 boxes for my zen, none of them wroked)

Last night, I had used my phone for browsing and couldn't get to see the pictures well. Man! You will have to change the sub box. That handle (or so) on the box itself will cause extra unwanted noises.

Nice to see you do everything DIY.

in noida, we either get these boxes or those polygon type bass tubes. i've seen more but ther are no good either and the wood is very brittle too.
i like the box in LBM's swift... would it go well with my woofer?

@saintsinner, I'd agree with the folks who have said the same thing. Change the enclosure!

The required enclosure volume for the box would be given in the sub's manual itself (maybe even with suggested dimensions for the box). You can use these details to build a box. Considering the amp, I think a ported box would give you best bang for the buck, but building a ported box will be a little harder (more things to go wrong).

You should use 3/4th inch MDF to build the box. You can build it yourself or get a carpenter to build you one. Make sure you seal the seams of the box from inside with a mix of fevicol and wood-dust.

I think There're some nice ICE installers in Delhi. Get in touch with Low_Bass_Makker, Gunbir, iRaghava etc.. They will be happy to help you out.

hey hydra and speed, i'll be going over to faridabad either this wednesday or on the weekend for the box... i lost the sub's manual.. but i'll try to get one.. thanks!

AND I THOUGHT MY BOX WAS AWESOME :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintsinner (Post 486312)
hey hydra and speed, i'll be going over to faridabad either this wednesday or on the weekend for the box... i lost the sub's manual.. but i'll try to get one.. thanks!

AND I THOUGHT MY BOX WAS AWESOME :Shockked:

No need for the manual as we have one here....and drop to faridabad any day of the week I will hook you up with my installer for the same..

oh yea man.. gimme your no. i'll drop by on wednesday. PM me the address if you could :)

ok guys.. got the box... but more then that.. LBM's swift ROCKS...awesome man...

well here is the orignal box - (dont make fun of the pipe)

and here is a little modification i did - i painted the pipe black

LBM, one thing more.. jagga had bridged both the coils in parallel, as a result of this there was a 2 ohm load which my amp could not handle. it worked fine over there, but later it started tripping.

so what i have done for the time being is the amp is still bridged but it is connected in series now.. so we have an 8 ohm.. is it fine?

this is just for the time being until i get another mono amp..

do you think the sony XMSD51X is good... or any other advice.. budget 10K

8 ohms is fine to the amp but the output will be quite less.

or the 10k budget pioneer D510 is the best amp for the buck it is for 9k and will kick the **** out of the sub and will play good.

try the blaupunkt tha1400 amplifier. it is 650@2ohms. I got one for 11500. I am using it with a 306 DVC, and no problems so far