Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2007, 11:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

hmm I thought so but yeah looks attractive :-)

Hmm mee too has Autocop & planning for front PWs. But I wonder where my old model autocop(1.5yrs old) will support this or not. If yes then surely very good. Also I belive MUL's PWs are very expensive at around 7300 or so.

Anyways enjoy the Mujheek
Old 5th July 2007, 11:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Ahoy!!! How much are these woooooooofer and Amp with LIGHT for ? Damn its so sexy !!!
Old 5th July 2007, 12:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRider View Post
the power windows are from autocop. MGA had its own cheaper version, but the sales rep claimed that by putting the autocop one i can sync with my autocop security systems so that when i lock, the windows roll up on their own.
I am not too sure, but I think automatic control of power windows is a feature of the security system alone. Though it may need separate relays to interface with power window motors, I don't see why power windows themselves need to be compatible with anything

Quote:
And the auto close windows feature is so so handy!!!
I agree, definitely!
Old 5th July 2007, 12:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I agree, definitely!
It can be pain too. If you park your car in summers and open your windows just a little bit so that heat goes out, then you can not do it anymore as the relay will roll up the windows as soon you press lock button...
Old 5th July 2007, 12:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
It can be pain too. If you park your car in summers and open your windows just a little bit so that heat goes out, then you can not do it anymore as the relay will roll up the windows as soon you press lock button...
I think there is also a mode in which the windows dont roll up.
Old 5th July 2007, 12:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Well, I have to agree with you too! But then everything in this world has it's downsides. I think advantages outweigh downsides in this case, as mentioned here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tml#post469793
The problem that you mentioned should not be that much of a pain unless you have to face it regularly. Upon return, I usually open rear windows and run A/C with high blower speed and in fresh air mode. Cabin cools down within just minutes (after which obviously you have to roll them up, anyway). I believe this works to a lesser extent even without A/C.

On a side note, all this automatic stuff in security systems can get you in some serious trouble at odd locations if you leave the key inside and it gets locked (I never faced it, though). I use a very simple remedy- just keep the key and the remote separately, so that the remote is always with you in your pocket
Old 5th July 2007, 12:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
On a side note, all this automatic stuff in security systems can get you in some serious trouble at odd locations if you leave the key inside and it gets locked (I never faced it, though). I use a very simple remedy- just keep the key and the remote separately, so that the remote is always with you in your pocket
lol i have been in the similar situation. Keys got locked in the car and car kept on idling for more than 15 mins until we found a scale and opened it. Thank god it was Maruti Car lol..

BTW that is a nice idead of keeping key and remote separately
Old 5th July 2007, 16:18   #38
Team-BHP Support

speaker can act as door/foot light also just connect them to door light switch also

nice install
Old 5th July 2007, 16:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
speaker can act as door/foot light also just connect them to door light switch also
sir I did not get you here...
Old 5th July 2007, 16:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

He means that the speaker's lights can be used as Courtesy lights i.e. they will glow when door opens
Old 6th July 2007, 12:16   #41

Hi, for some people this may see just a foolish question.

You have attached those cool speakers in doors. I mean its nice looking & many times we have to place speakers in doors. So when you open the doors and its raining outside (sometimes you don't have any other option but to get off the car in heavy rain without any shed or umbrella), wouldn't your speakers get exposed to rain?? Because when you open the door, it goes outside car. So I think by chance, speakers can get wet. How can you protect it from rain?? I'm not sure and yet to but my first car, thats why asking...

BTW I'm also looking for ALTO LXi. As I've read on many sites, one can only put power windows at front. Why not rear windows? Is it possible to do that? Reply...
Old 6th July 2007, 13:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfreak View Post
You have attached those cool speakers in doors. I mean its nice looking & many times we have to place speakers in doors. So when you open the doors and its raining outside (sometimes you don't have any other option but to get off the car in heavy rain without any shed or umbrella), wouldn't your speakers get exposed to rain?? Because when you open the door, it goes outside car. So I think by chance, speakers can get wet. How can you protect it from rain?? I'm not sure and yet to but my first car, thats why asking...
Your question is not foolish, it's valid,
if you have noticed the speakers have been kept parallel to the doorpads and not at an angle facing upwards towards the cabin. This way even if its raining very hard and one gets out of the car in a hurry only few drops would fall on the side of the speaker ring or grill. Now, one thing to take care of is that when the door is opened while its raining please keep the system off as water going into the coils while its running will result to immediate failiure. So, here's the solution , don't get the speaker drenched.
One more thing, it is very dangerous to fit Speakers which have a paper cone in such a setup as paper becomes weak with water contact, but most speaker brands nowadays have poly propelene cones which dont get as affected. This hifonics compo in JT's car has a Glass Carbon Fiber Cone.
Old 6th July 2007, 15:16   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
Glass Carbon Fiber Cone.
I am surprised. I thought that HiFonics used a Ceramic cone or a Ceramic-Ti cone which is as water resistant.

Also while I know there are 3:1 and 2:1 hybrid weaves of glass fibre and carbon fibre (each fibre is an individual element) such as the hybrid weave discussed in this paper
http://www.wtec.org/loyola/text/polymer/chap4.txt

The technology to create a composite a single strand of glass-carbon fibre is still in its infancy and I am surprised that anyone is using this to make speaker cones. I was under the impression that the technology for hybrid fibers using glass and carbon still has not been productionised.

However given the age of my knowledge I would take all I have said above with a pinch of salt. Things do change quite fast even in material science.

BTW I know this because this technology would find great use in sailboats as well as a bicycle frames (2 other things I was interested in). Areas where stress and tensile strength is of great importance.

One option could be using a mix carbon and glass shards in epoxy. However I dont think of this material as very strong or stiff. There is no cross weave. A regular fiberglass, kevlar, or carbon fiber cone would be better.

polyproplene is much overrated. doped paper is a lot nicer, provided the doping is done well. Other options are various metals and proprietry blends such as Aerogel (Audax).

Last edited by navin : 6th July 2007 at 15:28.
Old 6th July 2007, 16:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
but most speaker brands nowadays have poly propelene cones which dont get as affected.
I agree but some are still having paper cones. also the water if it gets into the Voice coil area can leave very bad results. it might damage the speaker beyond repair but the car audio speakers are made to resist some amount of water.

Also there are marine grade speakers also available which are more resistant than a normal car audio speaker.
Old 6th July 2007, 18:44   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
...water if it gets into the Voice coil area can leave very bad results. it might damage the speaker beyond repair....
Correction LBM, if water gets into the voice coil it WILL damage the speaker to the point that any repair will not restore it's original specs. I used to import these
Foam Speaker Baffles at Crutchfield.com

but I just fabricate them out sponge rubber sheet now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks