Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2007, 13:51   #1

audio for my 8 yr of honda city type 1

I Have A Honda City Which Is 8 Years Old - Type 1, The Hu Of The Car Is Damaged So Need A Replacement, My Budget Is Around 15k Which Can Be Increased To 20k Max, Now I Have A Head Unit In My Mind Pioneer 7950ub Which Cost 9k Which Is Fixed, I Need A Good Set Of Rear Ovals 6"x9" And It Can Be 3, 4, 5 Way Output, I Donot Have An Amplifier In My Car Is Has Only Front Speakers, I Wanna Change The Front Speakers Also So Guys Please Could You Suggest Me Good Company Speakers For The Rear, I Have Heard Of Mtx, Focal, Lightening Audio, Rockford Fosgate, Morel And Boston But Are These Good, Anything Better Than These In My Budget, I Also Want Good 5" Front Speakers, My Music System Is Set Up For Listening To Music Inside The Car And Not Outside I.e. Donot Want Any Blasting Sound, Can You Tell Me About Component Speakers - If I Take These Which Company Should They Be Of, Guys Suggest Me A Good Dealer For All These In Mumbai So That I Can Assemble My Full System From Him.
Old 6th July 2007, 14:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

15K for 4 speakers?
I would listen to Infinity, Polk, Boston, Illusion Carbon, Blaupunkt Velocity, or Hertz Energy. Each of them has a unique sound so please listen.
Old 6th July 2007, 15:51   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi gaurav,

Welcome to the most interesting section of this forum.

I have some friendly advice for you. Please don't capitalize the first letter of every word you type. It's extremely confusing to read and unnecessary, unrequired extra work for you! The right thing to do is capitalize only the first word of every new sentence and of proper names.

Then you can also use the right punctuation and use an extra blank line to start a new paragraph.

Like this.

As far as audio I agree with everything navin just said.
Old 6th July 2007, 15:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Lol Sam, the guy asked for audio advice and you gave him grammar advice!!

By the way gauravt, how will you fit oval speakers in round spaces?? Or is it that type 1 has oval speakers at rear whereas type 2 has round?
Old 6th July 2007, 16:05   #5
BANNED

Go for Pioneer good choice then see the brands told by Naveen, may be components in front and coaixels in rear will do the best job for you.
Old 6th July 2007, 16:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sam Bhai I think when Gaurav had typed the message it was whole in caps and the forum automatically change in to this format. hence the first caps anyways

for audio

put 6.5 inch in the front if they can be done by your installer. or go for slimer components like illusion audio which can be installed in tight places. for the rear go for the 6x9 to add some punch to the music.
Old 7th July 2007, 00:52   #7

i am going to do some cutting work for fitting the ovals as they give better performance but which company, i am a bit confused, for the front i am going to take 5 inch component speakers, but that also which company
Old 7th July 2007, 10:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravt View Post
i am going to do some cutting work for fitting the ovals as they give better performance but which company, i am a bit confused, for the front i am going to take 5 inch component speakers, but that also which company
At a pinch, a properly finished MDF spacer will allow you to put the ovals on the rear shelf without cutting the metal structure (which is always risky). I hope you meant the rear parcel shelf, and not the rear doors.

You have written that you have "heard of Mtx, Focal, Lightening Audio, ...". It is better that you actually listen to some brands to decide which one. I don't know the model numbers in the brands that you have heard of, but perhaps you can also easily audition (in Mumbai) other brands such as JBL, Blaupunkt, Illusion, Hertz and Pioneer.

JBL: Front GTO 507, Rear GTO 937
Blaupunkt: Front THc 132, Rear THx 693
Hertz: Front DSK/ESK 130, Rear ECX/DSK 690
Illusion: Front Im 5.1, Rear EZ 694

A bit of leg-work is needed, but the end-result will be something that YOU like.
Old 7th July 2007, 11:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

One thing I wanna add here is you going for speakers in the front and the rear go for the same brand and the same series as different brands and different series tend to play different thus it will not be a good sounding setup.

in the rear if you can take DerAlte idea of using spacers and putting 6x9 in the rear deck it is a nice idea and I like it.
Old 7th July 2007, 11:27   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Sam Bhai I think when Gaurav had typed the message it was whole in caps and the forum automatically change in to this format. hence the first caps anyways
NO LBM I DON'T THINK THE FORUM DOES THAT AUTOMATICALLY.

See?? lol. Anyways, he is new and will learn, with us oldies around to guide him.

Gaurav, one good thing about putting a 6X9 is that you will get some decent low end whack and won't miss a subwoofer immediately. However, if you intend to put an amplifier and subwoofer, then you can very well do with a 6" circular speaker in the rear.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 7th July 2007 at 11:28.
Old 7th July 2007, 12:14   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
JBL: Front GTO 507, Rear GTO 937
Blaupunkt: Front THc 132, Rear THx 693
Hertz: Front DSK/ESK 130, Rear ECX/DSK 690
Illusion: Front Im 5.1, Rear EZ 694.
I am not uptodate on Hertz and Illusion pricing but I would assume that at 15K for 2 pairs of speakers he could manage to following as well.

Infinity 5010 and 9613 instead of JBL 507/937 and Blau ODc/ODx instead of Thc/Thx. The JBL and Blau TH pairs would cost him about 10K (total for 4 speakers).
Old 7th July 2007, 12:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravt View Post
My budget is around 15k which can be increased to 20k Max, now I have a Head Unit in my mind Pioneer 7950ub which cost 9k which is fixed, I need a good set of ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I am not uptodate on Hertz and Illusion pricing but I would assume that at 15K for 2 pairs of speakers he could manage to following as well.
Infinity 5010 and 9613 instead of JBL 507/937 and Blau ODc/ODx instead of Thc/Thx. The JBL and Blau TH pairs would cost him about 10K (total for 4 speakers).
Navin-ji, from the way Gaurav has expressed, it sounds like his budget for speakers is 5-10K, since he has set aside 9K for the HU. He will also need about 1K for spacers and other odds and ends.
Old 7th July 2007, 16:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
NO LBM I DON'T THINK THE FORUM DOES THAT AUTOMATICALLY.

See?? lol. Anyways, he is new and will learn, with us oldies around to guide him.
Sorry Sam Bhai I am still learing..

about the illusion components there are two budget series one is the Electra and the other is the Luccent series they are in the price range of 6k and 12k respectively
Old 8th July 2007, 21:35   #14

guys one thing is clear that my head unit is confirmed as pioneer 7950ub which cost 9k, and the the remaining 11k is for the speakers rear and front and also should i get an amp or no, also i am not going for a sub as i do not need too much bass
Old 8th July 2007, 21:36   #15

remaining is upon you'll guys whatever speakers you will tell me i will buy that only, i have given my budget pls suggest me the best i can get in that, thank you very much

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks