Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 22:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuvijay View Post
deralte, the sound is "sssssssssssss", "khhshshshshshsshsh", "zzzzzzzzzzzzz" and not chirrrr or cheeen. it is not audible when volume is 0. it increases with volume. if i turn the volume level to full maximum, then the sound is sssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzz + chirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtrrrrrr.
Do try changing the ground point. If your installer has used the stock harness ground point, then try grounding elsewhere.
Old 12th July 2007, 23:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuvijay View Post
deralte, the sound is "sssssssssssss", "khhshshshshshsshsh", "zzzzzzzzzzzzz" and not chirrrr or cheeen. it is not audible when volume is 0. it increases with volume. if i turn the volume level to full maximum, then the sound is sssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzz + chirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtrrrrrr.
should anything regarding the car battery connections be checked ?
From what you have described, this has nothing to do with the car battery, per se. This is typical "white noise" getting in at the pre-amp stage of the HU before the volume control, which is why it is varying with volume. The "chirrrrrr" is clipping at max volume.

This would need the HU to be taken out ALONGWITH the housing, to check connections at the back. Not sure if you are upto it, but maybe you can go to the installer, and this time make the guy work to what you say (he may feel annoyed but I 'm sure you'll be able to reason it out).

1. Have him measure the voltage (with a DMM), with the car running, at the HU battery and ground terminals. Measure the same at the battery. If the difference is more than 0.3V (e.g. 14.2V at HU and 13.8V at battery), there maybe a problem with the way the HU is grounded

2. Other than the battery and ground, let him disconnect and reconnect all other wires at the HU side ONE BY ONE. If removal of any wire stops the hissing, note down the wire / pin number, refer to the HU manual as to which one it is and tell us. Quite likely the installer himself will be able to figure out what is wrong if he knows which wire / signal it is

All the best, hope something clicks. Since you are in Kochi, maybe hydrashok, speedzak or steeroid can lead you to a good installer like the legendary Zuheimi, in case your installer is unable to lick it.
Old 12th July 2007, 23:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

very well said sir....quite well detailed and to the point for the grounding problem.

But I think this ground problem will only will be in the case when there is a AMP and HU ground voltage difference is there which will cause the wine and other noises. As in this case there is only a HU is running, also the whole thing is inside the HU and everything is isolated.

But it can be the Speaker wire touching the body. or it can be that the antenna socket which has grounding point. try removing the antenna wire from the HU and check that the HU is running. if yes check for the noise is it is still there.
Old 13th July 2007, 07:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

A Similar Problem.

I'm having the same problem Guys.

I'm using Audison speaker wires, RCA cables and their Battery Kit etc. The front Components are Hertz and SW is JBL1204B. All this running off 4 channels of the JBL 755.6

There is a VERY noticeable hiss that goes up with increase in RPM. It's a pain to go above 4K RPM because of this - thats when the hiss gets almost louder than the intake sound !!!

Gunbir Paaji - Based on your advise, all the Gains of the Amplifier are at 50% max but the hiss is still there.

Please Advise.
Old 13th July 2007, 08:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

From when do you have this problem? From the day of install? If not check wiring for breakage. Also check if RCAs are properly inserted into their respective jacks.
Old 13th July 2007, 10:12   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
I'm using Audison speaker wires, RCA cables and their Battery Kit etc. The front Components are Hertz and SW is JBL1204B. All this running off 4 channels of the JBL 755.6
What! You bought Hertz, JBL and Audison! he he he just kidding. Since you do have good components I suspect an install issue.

1. keep power cables away from the RCA cables.
2. Make sure all connections are tight and are not touching the body of the car (that includes speaker and RCA wires).
3. The JBL 755.6 is a 6 channel amp. So either you got a 75.4 or you got 2 more speakers you have forgotten to disclose or maybe you just bridging 4 channels to 2.
Old 13th July 2007, 10:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm having the same problem Guys.

There is a VERY noticeable hiss that goes up with increase in RPM. It's a pain to go above 4K RPM because of this - thats when the hiss gets almost louder than the intake sound !!!

Gunbir Paaji - Based on your advise, all the Gains of the Amplifier are at 50% max but the hiss is still there.

Please Advise.
- Your gains are still high
- Your amp ground point may need to be shifted
- Your Pioneer HU will need the RCA preouts grounded directly
Old 13th July 2007, 10:40   #38
BHPian

i'll take it to my installer and do as u said, deralte. and if that doesn't work i'll try contacting hydrashok, speedzak or steeroid. the problem is that the main installer at the shop is on leave so his it was his assistant who installed the system on my car.
Old 13th July 2007, 10:44   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
From when do you have this problem? From the day of install? If not check wiring for breakage. Also check if RCAs are properly inserted into their respective jacks.
jkdas, i had this same system installed in my earlier car. it had no problem then. now that i transfered the system (HU and F/R speakers) to this car the problem emerged.

guys the installer said that the cable they had costs Rs 200 per metre. is it the one that i should use?
Old 13th July 2007, 17:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The JBL 755.6 is a 6 channel amp. So either you got a 75.4 or you got 2 more speakers you have forgotten to disclose or maybe you just bridging 4 channels to 2.
Navin ji, I am running the 755.6 and not the 75.4. I have 2 channels free as of now because I threw away the Pioneer 6x9's in the Rear as they were spoiling the SQ.

Am feeling bad because the Amp is not running at its full potential, so am contemplating picking up another JBL1204B OR Hertz speakers for the Rear, depending on how they sound. Which of the two options do you suggest?

Points to Consider:
  • I like my Base tight and am happy from an SQ perspective. But, am thinking of another SW as it would (a) make my Boot look good; and (b) sometime a little SPL show-off would be fun
  • My Rear Seats are NEVER used.
Old 13th July 2007, 17:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The Components were bought a couple of months back and were running on the Sony 444 in local wiring. Also connected was a Pioneer 12" Free-Air SW and a pair of Pio 6x9's. Everything was fine then.

The problem has been present since I upgraded to the JBL Amp+SW and Audison wiring 2 weeks back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
- Your gains are still high
- Your amp ground point may need to be shifted
- Your Pioneer HU will need the RCA preouts grounded directly
Hmmm .. could you please use your magic over the Weekend. I appreciate.

Also, your opinion on SW vs. Speaker question I asked Navin ji?
Old 13th July 2007, 17:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm .. could you please use your magic over the Weekend. I appreciate. Also, your opinion on SW vs. Speaker question I asked Navin ji?
The Sony 222 amps have surprisingly good noise filtering. Thats all. Re tuning, lets meet. It will take 15 minutes.

Re your Sw vs spkr issue... wait for me to tune your system. Then we will know what you need.
Old 13th July 2007, 19:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
The Sony 222 amps have surprisingly good noise filtering. Thats all. Re tuning, lets meet. It will take 15 minutes.

Re your Sw vs spkr issue... wait for me to tune your system. Then we will know what you need.

Gunman, please if you can, post some tips on ap tuneing. it would help me and all other noobs. is it ok to tune the comps with a test tone of say 1khz? i could hear the clipping when pushed hard using the test tone. the problem area is to tune the sub. using a test tone i couldnt hear clipping(100 hz tone)

cheers
clip
Old 14th July 2007, 12:25   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Am feeling bad because the Amp is not running at its full potential, so am contemplating picking up another JBL1204B OR Hertz speakers for the Rear[*]I like my Base tight and am happy from an SQ perspective. But, am thinking of another SW as it would (a) make my Boot look good; and (b) sometime a little SPL show-off would be fun [*]My Rear Seats are NEVER used.[/list]
Just for the fun factor I'd take the extra sub after all your earlier expereince with rear speakers was not good.

Gunbir, if you can write a concise generic tuning guide we can make it a sticky. I am not sure how generic it can be.
Old 16th July 2007, 10:14   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Just for the fun factor I'd take the extra sub after all your earlier expereince with rear speakers was not good.

Gunbir, if you can write a concise generic tuning guide we can make it a sticky. I am not sure how generic it can be.
Yes please, a tuning guide would be really helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks