Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 04:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Hissing sound from speakers when not playing music. Please help.

It may not be the wiring,It might be from current to amp.Are you wiring the amp in line to your car head unit.Sometimes, if you separate the amp i.e. give a separate power switch to turn on and off independent of your HU ,it might eliminate your hissing,humming noise,just my 2 cents.
Old 28th September 2011, 20:09   #62
BHPian

I went to the dealer and he also accepted that the problem is with th HU.
What next ?
The HU is sent to JBL and returned after 17 days with the socallled repaired tag.
As soon as we plug the HU and wallah the problem is as it is.
I can imagine how knowledgable these engg. 's are that they could not repair a simple USB only HU in more than 15 days.
Although i changed to kenny 7016 last month and already sold this "Crap" for 2k , but before delivering it , i wanted it to be in proper condition.I also dont want to end up spending 1k in fuel to go to the service centre again & again.
If this happens again i'll flood the internet with its bad reviews.
Old 12th March 2016, 15:17   #63
BHPian

Re: Hissing sound from speakers when not playing music. Please help.

Hi All! Reviving an old thread.

So I recently purchased an Elite I-20, got the speakers upgraded with an Amp and a sub. The details are mentioned below:
HU - Stock
Amp - Arc Audio 4 channel amplifier (XDI 804)
Front Door Component Speakers - Diamond Audio (TX 65v)
Rear Doors - Stock
Line output converter - TSK TD22
Subwoofer - Cervin Wega HED3124

Only rear door speakers are connected directly to the HU while everything else is driven via Amp.

It was all working fine initially, however, recently I started noticing hissing sound from one of the front channels.
Observations:
1. Now this doesn't happen always. Sometimes it works perfectly fine, while at times, the 'hiss' sound appears from the left front channel and the channel remains mute with just the hiss being audible. Got the channels interchanged (left to right from the amp) but it still behaves the same way.

2. The other change that has been recently noticed is when the hiss appears (now from the right channel after the interchange), the music is also audible but at a lower volume, when compared to the left channel. This wasn't the case earlier. The audio used to be mute from the affected channel with just the hiss sound.

3. The hiss is also audible from the affected channel even when the HU is off and the engine is running/ignition is on. So, it basically appears the moment it receives power from the amp.

4. The rest of the time, everything works perfectly fine. Else, the hiss appears the moment I turn the ignition on.

Wanted some expert opinion on this. What could be the reason? Is there an issue with the Amp itself? If yes, where can I get it fixed in Bangalore?

TIA!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks