Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 23:47   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
the DAC connects via usb and I use ASIO drivers to do a clean , low latency pass through of the data to the DAC

Audio Stream Input/Output - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The resultant output technically betters what a $1000 CDP can handle
Great! So you are using something meant for musicians and sound engineers... no doubt, results must be good.

I asked the biggest Guru- the net - and it seems (probably in earlier days of digital music) CD players used to be masters and DACs were slaves. It was a design flaw where CDP would generate a clock for DACs and it would get deteriorated on it's way, making DACs vulnerable to jitter in its input. Ideally DACs should get the cleanest clock, whereas CDP can do with bad one. Thereby DACs should be made insensitive to input jitter. I have no idea, but I hope today's half decent DACs/receivers must have corrected such silly issues. Is it so? If not, then probably that's what Wadia/ML players may be doing (for a hell of premium)?

Refer to: http://www.lessloss.com/about.html
Old 16th July 2007, 23:57   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
If it implies then please consider the following Example:-
You are out to work. When you come out of the building, you notice that the weather is suddenly calm and cool. Ah! Perfect to go biking then.
On one hand you have the two office buddy's bikes.
A pulsar 150 (in case we are talking of a 256kbps mp3) or a Pulsar 180 (320kpbs). But you also have a Karizma back at home (ACD).

Will you go biking there and then (which is essentially a compromise)
OR
Will you prefer to rush back home, wear your fav pair of leathers, your fav. helmet and then go biking?
i would never borrow another's bike when i have my own, but i would borrow when i dont have one. so what are you saying scary ?
Old 17th July 2007, 00:06   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
LBM, stop being stubborn. Please, for my sake. I answered your question.
Ok Sam Bhai I stop.
Old 17th July 2007, 00:08   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
First person who qualifies for this question is you?

Can you tell us why have you spent so money on Pioneer HU + Alpine RUX/PXA 701, Steg K Series Amplifiers, DLS Iridiums, ID Max's, supra cables / neutrik connectors and the works when you claim that you cannot differentiate between 320kbps MP3 and original CD playback. Also you are a strong believer of so called watt is a watt theory then why such an expense.
Because it is my money. And it is my own will how I spend it. Simple.
Old 17th July 2007, 00:14   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn9ne View Post
riddle me this
You are out to work. When you come out of the building, you notice that the weather is suddenly calm and cool you have a high end hu which doesn't play mp3 but have a lap top with a data card and a cd burner in it you strongly feel the urge to listen to "dream a little dream of me" by mama cass (and i challenge it how many can find a cd for that in India), but your life would seem a little more beautiful if those sound waves of that particular song met your ear drums! what do you do?

i again say technology is to make life simpler not complicate it.
Oh I overlooked your comments above.

BTW... I bought this track within 120 seconds of reading your post, downloaded the PCM wave track, burnt a bit perfect copy of this track onto an audio CD and will be listening to it on my "high end HU" first chance I get. If I was in my car, I would be listening to it as I type this. And If I like it enough I assure you I will buy the original Audio CD soon enough.

So your point was?

Last edited by gunbir : 17th July 2007 at 00:16.
Old 17th July 2007, 00:19   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
i would never borrow another's bike when i have my own, but i would borrow when i dont have one. so what are you saying scary ?
I think he will forget what he was trying to prove, once he reads this!
Old 17th July 2007, 00:25   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I think he will forget what he was trying to prove, once he reads this!
I will take me yezdi anytime even if i have to walk a few miles for it. Hope you are not confused scary.
Old 17th July 2007, 02:17   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Baap re, words like female dog, flasher and what not are being flung like dung across the room.

Please be nice, this is ICE. (Hey that RHYMED) We pride ourselves on running with minimum moderation. Let's not lose that reputation.

Some of you are new here. Just some advice, we're all friends here. Really. Let's just chill out, be nice.

Those with unanswered questions, you will get your answers, but not in this volatile environment. No, lol, not from me, I'm no audiopile or guru.

But this was an intelligent conversation, let's keep it this way.

LBM, stop being stubborn. Please, for my sake. I answered your question.
Take it easy people.
sam bhai, this is exactly what i wanted to say earlier. "please be polite, its a request" and you turned down. now why are you saying it> tell tell :-) kidding bro. no offence meant bro.

i want b&t, jb, gunman to answer lbm's question. why not? please guys, me waiting.

guys, just chill chill just chiiiilllllllle
clip
Old 17th July 2007, 04:31   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Oh I overlooked your comments above.

BTW... I bought this track within 120 seconds of reading your post, downloaded the PCM wave track, burnt a bit perfect copy of this track onto an audio CD and will be listening to it on my "high end HU" first chance I get. If I was in my car, I would be listening to it as I type this. And If I like it enough I assure you I will buy the original Audio CD soon enough.

So your point was?
that was a great example as to how one can listen to a song whenever he want and that too at best quality. so why would gunbir listen to mp3? he doesnt need to so he wont. why would he spend extra to have mp3 compatibility? he would rather spend that 100-200$ on getting best quality music and play it on his high end HU. i dont think he would or for that matter i would ever want mp3 when i know i can get the same song with best quality instantly. why is there a need to compromise?

now dont say it is for convinience. a person can caryy as many cds he wants. there are cd holder case which can hold more than 50 cds in a small square package. i have a cd holder which can hold aronud 20 cds on the sun visor( i have 2 of them, 1 for each visor so 40 cds)

it would be equally convinient or inconvinient to change a cd and to search for a track in 100+ songs(for me atleast) also i havent heard of an mp3 player in which you can hear the song while cueing.

this high end HU also has a cd changer control for convinience. one can load the cds one wants to listen and can control it from the HU just like mp3. i would spend 200$ happily for a cd changer than to have mp3 facility, gunbir wouldnt, why? because a cd changer will be a compromise for him. but i can assure you, music would still sound better from a changer than an mp3 being played on the hu because it would still be uncompressed.

so now this high end HU is as convenient if not better than a budget hu with mp3 without compromising too much on sq. so why would a company provide mp3 facilitywhen they have provided an alternative with so much better sq?

if you still think mp3 is necessary, then keep on thinking.

cheers
clip

navin, thanks for your reply. i really appreciate you cared to reply :-) now i will do some research and find out about your burner. thanks again.

this is my honest opinion and i mean no offence or disrspect to any one.

Last edited by clipto333 : 17th July 2007 at 04:35.
Old 17th July 2007, 07:05   #175
BHPian

Quote:
what does that mean? it means you don't have a very strong urge and never ever get a real bad itch to listen to music then and there. it makes you just a installer or techy guy nuthin more not a person who has spent lacs to listen to 100% pure music. just a flasher!
arre, now you calling him flasher? haha, and you saying he is nothing more than a tech guy or an installer, not a person who has spent lacs to listen to [b]100% pure music?[b] just a flasher? yea right. he has been saying right from the beginning that he cant lsten to mp3s. he only listens to ACDs. and im sorry to say that mp3 isnt 100% pure music, original ACD is. so now who is the flasher? you dont even know what you wanna prove here.

yes he is just an installer and a techy guy nothing else. happy now? but i must say this techy installer has the technology and the ability to install to listen to 100% pure music and that is what he is doing. enjoying original acds while you are still cribbing about your 100% pure mp3 music. :-)

cheers
clip
Old 17th July 2007, 08:44   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
he has been saying right from the beginning that he cant lsten to mp3s. he only listens to ACDs.
At times, he doesn't mind free AAC+ streaming over the net though, if not mp3s
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...tml#post246173
Old 17th July 2007, 09:06   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
At times, he doesn't mind free AAC+ streaming over the net though, if not mp3s
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...tml#post246173
I don't mind listening to AAC+ on my laptops tinny Altec Lansing speakers actually. The one time I tried listening to it on a decent setup, amplified and put through a pair of decent bookshelves.... it sounded horrible. So for me, the laptops about the only place for streaming radio.

That said, the only reason I sometimes listen to these stations on the internet is cuz you get to hear a lot of new music. Get the track details, buy the music online and burn a CD. Simple.

BTW, I don't know why you my listening habits are the center of discussion here but just so you know, I do have a large collection of my CDs ripped into WMAs. And I do have other HUs in my other cars that can play WMAs. And I dont mind burning a CD with 50-60 WMA tracks for my other cars. And though I tried, I couldn't make that compromise in my own car. Its a choice I made and I really dont understand why so many people have a problem with it.
Old 17th July 2007, 09:25   #178
BHPian

@Esteem_lover AND Santosh. ---> Oye, Band karo apni confusing kahaniyaan. Shaitaan kahin ke dono...

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I will take me yezdi anytime even if i have to walk a few miles for it. Hope you are not confused scary.
Haan....Now confusion is little less after reading this post. Maybe you are making the same point as I did. Or was this another of your shaitaani googly? :-)
Old 17th July 2007, 09:32   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
BTW, I don't know why you my listening habits are the center of discussion here
because that is the basis for justification of high-end HUs, and 320kbps vs. ACD.

Quote:
Its a choice I made and I really dont understand why so many people have a problem with it.
At least I don't have ANY problem with it, just curious to know... that's it!
Old 17th July 2007, 09:45   #180
BHPian

Quote:
riddle me this
You are out to work. When you come out of the building, you notice that the weather is suddenly calm and cool you have a high end hu which doesn't play mp3 but have a lap top with a data card and a cd burner in it you strongly feel the urge to listen to "dream a little dream of me" by mama cass (and i challenge it how many can find a cd for that in India), but your life would seem a little more beautiful if those sound waves of that particular song met your ear drums! what do you do?

i again say technology is to make life simpler not complicate it.

Your lappie has a Data Card. Right? Then download! and Listen!
Really? was that so difficult?

If it was, Gunbir has posted on it. Read it. Might be useful in future.

OT:-
Found this really interesting. Does music really come as a child's whim or fancy to you? So sudden. So intense. Life isnt beautiful anymore without that particular track only at that particular time only...???

Sufficient to say. This will be my last post in this regard to you. I havent seen or met anyone or experienced myself this particular and strange urge for music. So maybe I'm not in your League of Extraordinary Gentleman and hence unfit to carry on this debate with you.

Thanks and Sorry for taking your *valuable* time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks