Team-BHP - Infinity in my Car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Infinity in my Car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/26552-infinity-my-car.html)

Recently I upgraded rears from entry level speaker to hi-fi.
I had Kenwood OEM (nippon) 6*9 3 way at rear in My Palio.
Now I have installed Infinity Reference series REF9623I - product of Harman international. There are 2 silk dome tweeters in each speakers. They are standard 25 and 19 mm tweeters. The sound is now deep without any distortion. The silk dome tweeters (produce just the right amount of frequencies.
Infinity - Car Audio

I have retained the head unit. The head unit is Kenwood mp333.

I have front door mounted speakers Blaupunkt GTx 663.
Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - GT-Series - GTx 663

I have 2 queries to all gurus here.

1. Which would be the amp i should select for this setup. Should I go for 2 channel or 4 channel amp. I have not yet given thought to base tube. I am not looking at spending above 9K on amp.

2. Is it possible to get a CD changer installed with MP333 head unit.

Your suggestions please!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 504969)
1. Which would be the amp i should select for this setup. Should I go for 2 channel or 4 channel amp. I have not yet given thought to base tube. I am not looking at spending above 9K on amp.

2. Is it possible to get a CD changer installed with MP333 head unit.

Get the Pio 6200 at 7K without B&W.

try this changer
Kenwood Corporation | Products | Car Entertainment | CD Changers | KDC-C719

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 504969)

For 9k, you have the following options from the amps I have heard:

1) Pioneer 6200 (about 7k)
2) JBL GTO 75.4 (about Rs. 8,200/- grey)
3) Ground Zero - GZTA 4.120MKČ (Rs. 9,900/- with B&W) - over budget.
4) JBL CS 60.4 (Rs. 8,990/- with B&W) - exactly on budget with B&W

Nice choice of speakers btw :) Show us some pics.

i would recommend this amp,blaupunkt GTA 4 Special Mk II very nice and clean sound and costs about 6.4k with bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 504989)
4) JBL CS 60.4 (Rs. 8,990/- with B&W) - exactly on budget with B&W

I thought this was 10K. but yes the Blau Spezial is another good option under 9K. remember you will to spend 2K on 2 pairs of RCA wire as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 505001)
I thought this was 10K.

Nahi Navinji, it is not 10k :) - http://shopping.rediff.com/shop/stor...8&strfnbr=2965

Thanks guys.....really you all are real gurus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 504985)
Get the Pio 6200 at 7K without B&W.

try this changer
Kenwood Corporation | Products | Car Entertainment | CD Changers | KDC-C719

Any idea about the price of this particular CD changer?

Also would like to know if the suggested amps can drive the combination of Blaup and Infinity. I checked all the suggested amps.
I found the GTA4 and JBL CS 60.4 to be good amps as per info available on net.

Is it possible to ask the accessories guy to give demo or any place in mumbai where I can find these amps.

What are the things I should check while shortlisting of amps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 505026)
Thanks guys.....really you all are real gurus.

I am not :).

Quote:

Is it possible to ask the accessories guy to give demo or any place in mumbai where I can find these amps.
Don't know about Blaupunkt but for JBL CS 60.4 demo you can PM Sameer on this forum who represents JBL. He has the same speakers in the rear driven by the same amp you are contemplating to buy.

Most dealers might not stock both amps.

You could also buy the 60.4 without b&w for around 5,000 and save yourself 4k.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 504989)
For 9k, you have the following options from the amps I have heard:

1) Pioneer 6200 (about 7k)

Nice choice of speakers btw :) Show us some pics.

Got Pioneer 6200 last month from US for $79.

Guys the ICE setup is complete now.

Installed Blaup - GTA4 - 6.5k
Installed JBL GT4 sub - 5K
Cables used - monster OFC
connecting pins - gold plated

I have replaced the parcel tray with the wooden tray and installed rear speakers and sub on the same.

The amp has been installed at the left side back portion of the rear sit (the back portion - black metal portion of the rear seat which we see from the boot - the position is inclined)

The the sound levels have gone to a higher limit now. I can peacefully listen to hip hop at the volume of 15 with rich bass. The vocals are crisp and clear because of infinity silk domes.

I checked about the Kenwood 10 CD changer. The price is 5K. The unit was not available with the guy. So did not get that. I am planning to install it later this month.

The last and important info - I got the whole thing installed at Popular accessories at Link road, Malad (W).

Thanks to all gurus. The car now rocks. Now I dont have to worry if I am taking my car somewhere at weekend destination. I have the complete sound machine with me .

I have another query - does the battery gets loaded more than usual if we use amp. Would the battery sustain the load. The current battery is Amaron.

post pics please!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 505986)
Guys the ICE setup is complete now.
... I have another query - does the battery gets loaded more than usual if we use amp. Would the battery sustain the load. The current battery is Amaron.

Super, @Firebird, enjoy! But, pics, pics, pics, ...

No, the battery is not loaded if the engine is running - the alternator supplies the juice. If engine is off, the battery supplies it.

Congrats, Firebird! Pics please :)

Don't worry about the battery. Amaron makes good batteries, and your amp is not going to strain the battery any.

Still, it would be a good idea to switch off your system before you turn the engine off, so the system does not add to the load on the battery while starting. This is not such a big deal, but it is a nice habit to get into.

And if you use the ICE on battery power (with the engine off), the battery will drain quite fast.