Team-BHP - Is it the Wiring/ Amp / H.U
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Is it the Wiring/ Amp / H.U (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/26780-wiring-amp-h-u.html)

i have HU: Pioneer 6850 . its about 1 1/2 yr old now. Off late ive been noticing that when i pump up the volume to about 22 to 24 the music starts sounding like a Cd is scratched or damaged. I put another cd, its still the same. At low volume (15 to 18) it sounds just the way its supposed to. The music keeps skipping every 2 seconds of the song when at high volume.I never faced this problem before. I have just touched my car just 2 weeks back... my dad was using it all this time. I just have normal wiring to all the rear speakers and components expect the basstube. I haven't yet taken it to the service people to check it. Just wanted some advice /tips that can help me out before i take it. i've got a 4-channel amp ... can it be the wiring or is it the amp that cant take the load or is it my H.U? ... i am changing my wiring once i get my alto in another few months. Thanks in advance.

nos, is the CD skipping? It is a very obvious thing to check. Is the CD physically skipping (look at the time counter on the HU) or is the music cutting off?
Which one is true?

Nos I did not understand your question. Can you please explain the problem a bit more...like Sam Bhai has asked

oopsie..... i edited it, maybe i forgot to submit it... sorry guys

well the i played bout 20 different cd's they are all in mint condition. not even scratch in it. I played it in my console , stero system, its plays well.

When it comes to my car H.U : heres the problem >>>> Whenever i play the music loud ...really loud,the sound from the speakers sounds like the cd is skipping. In other words there is no problem with the cd ... its either the H.U /amp or wiring. When the volume is on 25 (bang bang loud volume) .... the music skips every 2 sec of the song. its kinda like sounds like i am forwarding the song when the volume is high . When i turn the volume down it sounds normal, the song does not skip or anything, Plays properly. << dats the problem. If still not understood. will put up a video.

I had my friend's HU going OFF (including display it used ot be powered off) on high volumes like 30-35. Especially on bass notes. It used to come back after 2-3 seconds. Low volumes, it was perfect. When we disconnected the front speakers which were run by HU, it played good.

The problem finally found was incorrect/faulty ground connection of HU.

If your HU is not going OFF and is skipping above might not be the reason. Check with FM radio too to determine if it is problem in reading the CD.

i suggest checking your speakers first; remove the wires from ALL the speakers, now with the same wiring (that goes from the HU/amp to speaker).... install any one fresh speaker (any speaker may be from the home audio) and pump up the volume and see if the problem persists.

If it still persists, get the whole thing checked.

1. Could it be that the vibrations ar causing the CD to skip? Try an alternate source like an ipod.
2. If any speaker wire is touching the chassis the amp would turn off. which speakers are connected to the 4 ch. amp?
3. If you got all 4 speakers and Bass tube connected to the 4 ch. amp you are overloading the amp. Use your HU to drive the rear speakers and drive only the front speakers and sub with the amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 512456)
3. If you got all 4 speakers and Bass tube connected to the 4 ch. amp you are overloading the amp. Use your HU to drive the rear speakers and drive only the front speakers and sub with the amp.

Well today i just checked up with the connections. Its looks like all the 4 speakers n tube are connected to the amp. The front speakers although are connected to a crossover. Isn't it suggested that i connect the front speakers to the H.U?

I have tried with my pod player its still the same.

ill check over once again.... will keep you guys updated on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosfreak (Post 512695)
Well today i just checked up with the connections. Its looks like all the 4 speakers n tube are connected to the amp. The front speakers although are connected to a crossover. Isn't it suggested that i connect the front speakers to the H.U?

I have tried with my pod player its still the same.

ill check over once again.... will keep you guys updated on this.

I am no guru, but can you post the exact configuration of your setup so that the gurus can suggest better? Like the description of what speakers and amp you have?

My 2 cents: If you have components in the front door (since you mentioned crossover, I take that te be a yes) and if you drive most of the time, connect the amp to the front components and the sub, run the rear off the HU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosfreak (Post 512695)
Well today i just checked up with the connections. Its looks like all the 4 speakers n tube are connected to the amp. The front speakers although are connected to a crossover. Isn't it suggested that i connect the front speakers to the H.U? .

yes just disconnect the rear speakers from the amp and use the HU to drive the rear speakers.