Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 18:14   #1
BHPian

Scorpio slx Nippon HU USB not reading pen drive

I recently bought Scorpio SLX and it comes with Nippon HU with USB and SDCard. yesterday, first time I tried a pen drive (transcend 1gb) through USB port. It seems to read for a second or so and switches back to previous mode (CD or FM).
Please let me know if you have any idea/suggestion as what is happening. I called the dealer/service person no use. Dealer person says try with 2gb or more. doesn't make sense.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

the very question of 2 gb or more is plain stupidity; heard maximum limit but never minimum limit. try a different pen drive.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure you have any music files (that is recognised by your HU) in your pen drive ?
Old 26th July 2007, 20:49   #4
BHPian

Yes, the pen drive has just mp3 files

Yes, it has just one folder ('English' with mp3 songs) and then other lang MP3s are outside. There is no other format or extension files, just .mp3s
I connected the pendrive to the laptop, and the media player starts playing without any issues.
Old 26th July 2007, 22:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Then its got to be a problem with the settings on the HU or a problem with the HU itself. Please provide us with the model number. Gurus here can decipher anything (not me).
Old 26th July 2007, 23:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
I recently bought Scorpio SLX and it comes with Nippon HU with USB and SDCard. yesterday, first time I tried a pen drive (transcend 1gb) through USB port. It seems to read for a second or so and switches back to previous mode (CD or FM).
Please let me know if you have any idea/suggestion as what is happening. I called the dealer/service person no use. Dealer person says try with 2gb or more. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Yes, it has just one folder ('English' with mp3 songs) and then other lang MP3s are outside. There is no other format or extension files, just .mp3s
I connected the pendrive to the laptop, and the media player starts playing without any issues.
First of all, the dealer's reasoning seems to be lame. I don't think you would have to always use 2GB+.

I think there is something wrong with either your Pen drive or your HU, so all I can suggest is, try another pen drive with totally different collection of tracks.
Old 26th July 2007, 23:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
I think there is something wrong with either your Pen drive or your HU, so all I can suggest is, try another pen drive with totally different collection of tracks.

I would do the same thing. and the problem would be with the HU not the pendrive.
Old 26th July 2007, 23:41   #8
BHPian

Reset the System and Reformat the Pen-Drive, Try Again- Should work !
Old 26th July 2007, 23:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
by any chance, you work with microsoft ?

before reformatting, check what is the format of the drive. not sure if HU looks for a specific type of FAT.
Old 26th July 2007, 23:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
by any chance, you work with microsoft ?

Don't have to work for MS, just using windows would do.
Old 27th July 2007, 00:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

yes, I would suggest the same, reset yr HU else -

Try another thing, do not keep yr mp3 songs in a folder, just copy them to the pendrive without keeping a folder. keep it in the root . This worked for me once. HU would not read folders !! Sounds crazy but worked !! Cheers !!
Old 27th July 2007, 03:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
yes, I would suggest the same, reset yr HU else -

Try another thing, do not keep yr mp3 songs in a folder, just copy them to the pendrive without keeping a folder. keep it in the root . This worked for me once. HU would not read folders !! Sounds crazy but worked !! Cheers !!
vkochar, I think he has a few mp3 files in the root directory (the other language mp3s as he has mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
before reformatting, check what is the format of the drive. not sure if HU looks for a specific type of FAT.
As far as the file system is concerned, I don't think there would be any issues, since HU's support both FAT (FAT16 FS) and FAT32. Windows does not allow NTFS on pen drives and hence even that is eliminated.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to format the pen drive and try it again, but I'd definitely recommend a fresh pen drive and fresh tracks
Old 27th July 2007, 07:47   #13
BHPian

HU Model# NDC-MP6009UC

I will try again after reformatting. The HU manual says it supports USB2.0 and FAT/FAT32 format. That's exactly what I have.
Must be some issue with HU or I have to fiddle with settings. Clueless :-( .
Old 27th July 2007, 07:54   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Windows does not allow NTFS on pen drives and hence even that is eliminated.

i can format my pen drive to ntfs. there is no bounding in windows that you cant formay your thumb drive to ntfs. if you want it, i can do it for you
Old 27th July 2007, 10:29   #15
BHPian

It worked!!

Hey guys, thanks a bunch for the help. I formatted the pen drive (FAT32) and HU started playing the songs. Right now, the files are at root level, will try creating some folders with MP3 files inside and see if it HU can read the files under these folders.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks