Team-BHP - Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/- worth?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/- worth? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/26851-sony-cdx-gt760-hu-4-dash-speakers-13750-worth.html)

Hello BHPians
Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/- offered by Maruti dealers in Bangy...please tell me if its worth it?
I want to know if people have used this before n any first hand experiences would be really helpful.
Does the music from a CD jump while goin over potholes in all Sony HU's?

I would really like to know ur opinion only on the setup I mentioned above...its gets toooo confusing given u have soooo many choices....
I listen to all kinda music...soft rock n ghazals...
thanks in advance...

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmesuraj (Post 513860)
Hello BHPians
Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/- offered by Maruti dealers in Bangy...please tell me if its worth it?
I want to know if people have used this before n any first hand experiences would be really helpful.
Does the music from a CD jump while goin over potholes in all Sony HU's?

I would really like to know ur opinion only on the setup I mentioned above...its gets toooo confusing given u have soooo many choices....
I listen to all kinda music...soft rock n ghazals...
thanks in advance...

Not worth it, looks too expensive to me.

My friend has a Sony HU and I've tried using it a few times, the CD's don't skip when the car runs on potholes, but the player takes a long time to read the CDs. Apparently, that is a common problem with Sony HUs.

All the above based on my experience/opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmesuraj (Post 513860)
Hello BHPians
Sony CDX-GT760 HU + 4" dash speakers 13750/- ..

huh?
forgetabout that. that price is so ludicrious I first thought you were saying 3750 not 13750!

For 10K you can get 4 nice speakers from Blau or JBL (CS) and a nice HU from Pio or Blau to boot. Then use the balance 3750 on a bottle of Australian Shiraz (Rs. 2250), french bread (Rs. 29-49), 50gms of goose live pate (Rs 300-450), and flowers (Rs. 100-1000) then enjoy the music with your (now very happy) wife/girlfriend.

Geez, Sam's posts are reading like mine and mine like his.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 513946)
huh?
forgetabout that. that price is so ludicrious I first thought you were saying 3750 not 13750!

For 10K you can get 4 nice speakers from Blau or JBL (CS) and a nice HU from Pio or Blau to boot. Then use the balance 3750 on a bottle of Australian Shiraz (Rs. 2250), french bread (Rs. 29-49), 50gms of goose live pate (Rs 300-450), and flowers (Rs. 100-1000) then enjoy the music with your (now very happy) wife/girlfriend.

Geez, Sam's posts are reading like mine and mine like his.

Am sure gonna spend all that extra money as u say navin... :)...
Thanks Raghu...
Am gonna get a Pio 7950(approx 9k) and decent speakers only for the front for the remaining(5k)
I picked up a Wagon R...so guess the dash n the door speakers n the front should be good enough...or is it?
Howz the 5950(approx 6k) different from the 7950..apart from the USB feature in the 7950...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmesuraj (Post 514013)
Am sure gonna spend all that extra money as u say navin... :)...
Thanks Raghu...
Am gonna get a Pio 7950(approx 9k) and decent speakers only for the front for the remaining(5k)
I picked up a Wagon R...so guess the dash n the door speakers n the front should be good enough...or is it?
Howz the 5950(approx 6k) different from the 7950..apart from the USB feature in the 7950...?

Congratulations first of all, nice choice of car there! :)

If you're not very particular about USB, you may buy the 5950 (older model) which would save you some money and get you a decent pair of speakers for the rear. I think there are a few added features and appearance changes in the 7950 from the 5950 and should not affect the SQ.

As far as I know, Wagon R has only 4" slots in the front, which would accommodate a decent set of co-axials.

I'd ask you to follow Navin's advice for the setup!

13750 on that equipment is terrible

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin (Post 513946)
huh?
Then use the balance 3750 on a bottle of Australian Shiraz (Rs. 2250), french bread (Rs. 29-49), 50gms of goose live pate (Rs 300-450), and flowers (Rs. 100-1000) then enjoy the music with your (now very happy) wife/girlfriend.

Heyyyy!!! I have a patent on that style, lol.

Sam I did acknowledge you in post #3 and besides I dont think you offered that level of detail.

You are correct. I was being funny. No I do not offer that level of detail, I cut to the chase too soon. lol