Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2007, 02:09   #46
BHPian

Two questions:
  1. What is the wire in the bottom left corner of this picture of the GTA 475 amp?
  2. Is there any sub available within Rs. 7,000 (b&w) with the box?
Old 16th November 2007, 10:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
  1. What is the wire in the bottom left corner of this picture of the GTA 475 amp?
  2. Is there any sub available within Rs. 7,000 (b&w) with the box?
That's the cable connected to the Direct Aux Input - jack to go into the EP socket of a portable music player.

Blaupunkt (GTb 300 HP, GTb 1200), Alpine (SWR1242D) and JBL CS1204B if you can find one anywhere.

[Edit: Crazy thought, forgive me, but I hope by box you didn't mean the box that it comes packed in, a la CCTB]

Last edited by DerAlte : 16th November 2007 at 10:14.
Old 16th November 2007, 13:14   #48
BHPian

Haha... no, I don't mean the cardboard box it comes packed in!! I meant a sealed or ported box, whatever be the case.

So out of the subs you mentioned, what would be my best choice (tight bass preferred, and doesn't need to be loud loud, but good SQ) if I am hooking it up to 2 channels (bridged) of the Blaupunkt GTA 480 amp (the front channels running component speakers)?

About the wire - it seems a little thicker than a usual aux-in wire - firstly, does it connect to both Aux-In ports (rear and front), and secondly their seems to be a switch on it - is that an on/off switch, or a volume control? It's a little hard to tell from the angle.

(btw I am assuming this cable comes with the amp - am I correct?)
Old 16th November 2007, 19:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So out of the subs you mentioned, what would be my best choice (tight bass preferred, and doesn't need to be loud loud, but good SQ) if I am hooking it up to 2 channels (bridged) of the Blaupunkt GTA 480 amp (the front channels running component speakers)?
The boxes I mentioned are sealed boxes, so should give tight bass. If you are buying the sub box AND the amp from the same dealer, you might get a discount - that would mean one of the Blaupunkt boxes.

Quote:
About the wire - it seems a little thicker than a usual aux-in wire - firstly, does it connect to both Aux-In ports (rear and front), and secondly their seems to be a switch on it - is that an on/off switch, or a volume control? It's a little hard to tell from the angle.
(btw I am assuming this cable comes with the amp - am I correct?)
No, this is a twin-ax (separate shielded L & R) cable - 2 thin coax cables joined together. Compare the thickness with the jack size.

The rectangular thing looks like some sort of switch. One has to check with the User Manual.

Even if the cable doesn't come bundled, I am sure you can wrangle it out of the dealer.
Old 16th November 2007, 21:54   #50
BHPian

Are you sure that I can get the Alpine (SWR1242D) with the box for under Rs. 7,000 (with B&W)? The sub alone is $200 at Crutchfield.
Old 17th November 2007, 16:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure that I can get the Alpine (SWR1242D) with the box for under Rs. 7,000 (with B&W)? The sub alone is $200 at Crutchfield.
I might be mistaken, but I had noted down the price from someone's post, don't remember exactly where but maybe from the What ICE for what price thread.
Old 17th November 2007, 17:33   #52
BHPian

Found it - it's posted by "hemnthisgreat" here:
"single alpine swr1242d subwoofer in a sealed box. = 7000 from singapore"

I don't know how he managed to get a sub in a sealed box from Singapore though! You'd have to check that thing in separately, and then it would attract attention towards duty.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:17   #53
BHPian

Hey all ..

Saw a lot of threads for ICE- basic stuffs and the high spec ones ..but i couldnt relate much to my problem / requirement . ..If there is one provide me a link pls ..( after reading through my requirement below ) .

My ride is A Carb ZEN 2001.
My car's ICE ( i am not sure if to what percentage i can say its an entertainment presently )
But i think i want to upgrade it !!..
1) change the HU to one with USB facility ..well i wont go for a high spec one .. but something that will do a decent job is ok with me .. !
2 )Changed Rear to JBL GTO 937 ( co axial ) , I want to change the front speakers and tweeters.
3)What i understood from the forum is that we can have component speakers in the front without an amp or without any big chopping of the front door pads ..
I am not planning to keep woofers as it would take away the already tiny storage space in zen ..

Hmm all data provided .. now the questions
1) how much would the component speakers come to ( i prefer the JBL ones )
Also tweeters ( JBL ?? )
2) Which would be a decent option for HU , pioneer comes cheap but with decent performance ..
3)how about procuring one from national market ( bangalore ),heard the rate will be lower than MRP .. can they be trusted ..? ( applicable to speakers and HU ) .

Gurus here I am waiting for replies ...:-)

Cheeeeeers
Old 9th August 2010, 13:37   #54
BHPian

Well nice to find this thread here today . I know a bit late by couple of years but I did this to my Zen Estilo in 2007. Well the setup was simple enough to use Creative SBS 370 2.1/ Creative A300 2.1 power by the car battery and using MP3 player/Disk Man/Mobile (in my case N82) to play music. Also kept connectors for other mobiles so that people can listen to songs of their choice. And even the Mobile FM works on this and souce is crisp and loud enough for inside.....

Total Cost : 1300INR for the Creative 2.1

Choosed Creative as it comes with an external AC/DC adapter which makes job simple with less mess

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks