Team-BHP - Speakers for Baleno Altura
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Speakers for Baleno Altura (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/26934-speakers-baleno-altura.html)

Hi,I need advice regarding speakers in my Baleno Altura.This car has a huge cabin,but no provision for fitting big speakers.Front doors have 6" rounds,which I think are appropriate.But at rear,I want to fit some better and louder speakers.Please suggest me best options in 6" round speakers,or some other way to fit bigger speakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sans33 (Post 515647)
Hi,I need advice regarding speakers in my Baleno Altura.This car has a huge cabin,but no provision for fitting big speakers.Front doors have 6" rounds,which I think are appropriate.But at rear,I want to fit some better and louder speakers.Please suggest me best options in 6" round speakers,or some other way to fit bigger speakers.

why not get an amp and a sub. since teh rear cabin is so big can you sacrifice about 1.5 cu. ft. for a sub? amps take up little room. then you can have smaller speakers in the exisiting speakers pods (4" in the rear and 6" in the front) and let the subwoofer manage the bass.

Our in house ICE guru JB (Autophile) also had a baleno altura...maybe he can advise you regarding speakers in your altura.

As I couldn't find a way to fix bigger speakers,I've decided to fix OEM size 6" ones.Today I checked few brands at a shop,but couldn't decide.
Brands available are,JBL CS for Rs 1600,Bloupankt for Rs 1550,infinity for Rs 2100.But I couldn't decide becouse of a brand Bouschmann,available for Rs 1200.Speakers looked good quality ones,and while JBL and Bloupankt are rated for 40 watt RMS,these are 150 watt RMS.So I decided to discuss it here.
I wish to know,if anybody here has tried these speakers.Do they sound as good as they look,or should I buy JBL? Please suggest,I want loudest ones,as I don't want to fit subwoofer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sans33 (Post 520087)
As I couldn't find a way to fix bigger speakers,I've decided to fix OEM size 6" ones.Today I checked few brands at a shop,but couldn't decide.
Brands available are,JBL CS for Rs 1600,Bloupankt for Rs 1550,infinity for Rs 2100.But I couldn't decide becouse of a brand Bouschmann,available for Rs 1200.Speakers looked good quality ones,and while JBL and Bloupankt are rated for 40 watt RMS,these are 150 watt RMS.So I decided to discuss it here.
I wish to know,if anybody here has tried these speakers.Do they sound as good as they look,or should I buy JBL? Please suggest,I want loudest ones,as I don't want to fit subwoofer.

The boschman are bad....and they are not 150 watts rms by any chance...go with JBL without think as they are loved and praised but everyone on this forum. You cannot go wrong with JBL..

and wattages does not mean that the speaker will play loud. there are other thing like sensitivity which play the major role.

So go for a component kit in the front and a coax in the rear. later on you can add a amp to drive the speakers to extract max from them.

sans33, gimme your altura, i will give you all the speakers i have. deal ? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 520217)

Sir this is the strangest deal I have ever heard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 520222)

LBM, i love the altura almost as much if not better than my esteem. Just don't let my esteem know this, ok ? very hard to find these cars now. A terrific looker. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sans33 (Post 520087)

You can fit 6.5" in front and rear by using spacer rings..Whats your budget?

Avoid Boschman at any cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 520217)

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 520222)

@LBM, have you read the story "The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 520505)
@LBM, have you read the story "The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)?

No sir...can you shed some light on this.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker (Post 520950)
No sir...can you shed some light on this.stupid:

No, sir, you are not!

The Gift of the Magi

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 520227)
LBM, i love the altura almost as much if not better than my esteem. Just don't let my esteem know this, ok ? very hard to find these cars now. A terrific looker. :)

Esteem Lover,you love Esteem,and wish to elope with my Altura.Well, we ( me and your esteem) need to keep a watch on you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autophile (Post 520463)
You can fit 6.5" in front and rear by using spacer rings..Whats your budget?

Avoid Boschman at any cost.

But there is no space for 6.5". OEM speakers are 155 mm and they are tight fit.JBL speakers I saw are 165 mm
Budget is no problem,but I don't want a shoddy fitting.Please suggest best 155mm speakers or some way to fix 6x9

You need to use spacer rings to fit an oversize speaker. thats what autophile has suggested.