Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2018, 18:41   #796
BHPian

Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

Hi gurus! I own an Ecosport (diesel) and though the sound isolation of outside noises while being inside is good, sound isolation of engine noise while being outside the car is good, I feel the engine rumble inside the car while driving is getting pretty high. So much so that it seems to kind of block out the low end of the default car audio system. So, I want to do a low budget sub-amp addition. I impulsively bought the Pioneer TS-WX306B from Amazon but then realized it's RMS 350W at 4Ohms. There are no budget amps that provide that power at 4 Ohms and I may have to cross the 10K limit just for the amp. Does anyone have any specific recommendation for an amp that can power my RMS 350W at 4Ohms Subwoofer going by the recommendation that an overpowered Sub has a longer life than an underpowered one?
Old 22nd February 2018, 11:47   #797
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Hi gurus! I own an Ecosport (diesel) and though the sound isolation of outside noises while being inside is good, sound isolation of engine noise while being outside the car is good, I feel the engine rumble inside the car while driving is getting pretty high. So much so that it seems to kind of block out the low end of the default car audio system. So, I want to do a low budget sub-amp addition. I impulsively bought the Pioneer TS-WX306B from Amazon but then realized it's RMS 350W at 4Ohms. There are no budget amps that provide that power at 4 Ohms and I may have to cross the 10K limit just for the amp. Does anyone have any specific recommendation for an amp that can power my RMS 350W at 4Ohms Subwoofer going by the recommendation that an overpowered Sub has a longer life than an underpowered one?
Firstly you can treat the firewall (under the carpet) to improve sound isolation from the engine compartment into the cabin.

There are several amplifiers that can drive your subwoofer. The Blaupunkt GTA1500 and the Pioneer GM-D8601 should both sell for about 10-11k.

http://www.blaupunkt.com/in/nc/produ.../single/13727/

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...mono/gm-d8601/
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 11:59   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Firstly you can treat the firewall (under the carpet) to improve sound isolation from the engine compartment into the cabin.

There are several amplifiers that can drive your subwoofer. The Blaupunkt GTA1500 and the Pioneer GM-D8601 should both sell for about 10-11k.

http://www.blaupunkt.com/in/nc/produ.../single/13727/

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...mono/gm-d8601/
Thanks for the suggestions Navin. I think I should go with the Blaupunkt one because of the higher RMS power. I just noticed the ICE section discussion about audio equipment has slowed down. Is everyone nowadays happy with the OEM systems? Even the sales guy at the car accessories showroom asked me not to replace the door speakers. I hope this impulsive Sub purchase will not overwhelm the existing system.
Old 22nd February 2018, 17:07   #799
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Thanks for the suggestions Navin. I think I should go with the Blaupunkt one because of the higher RMS power. I just noticed the ICE section discussion about audio equipment has slowed down. Is everyone nowadays happy with the OEM systems? Even the sales guy at the car accessories showroom asked me not to replace the door speakers. I hope this impulsive Sub purchase will not overwhelm the existing system.
ICE has changed from In Car Entertainment to In car Infotainment.

OEM systems have evolved and while many of them have limitations when it comes to their audio performance replacing the Head Unit has become increasingly complicated.

The other choice is to add an after market processor like the Audison Bit 1 and then add amplifiers and speakers. However processor like the Bit 1 cost 25-30k and then you still need to add amps and speakers which means the basic cost of upgrading an OEM ICE becomes 80k or so which is considerable. Few buyers are willing to make that kind of a financial investment.
Old 22nd February 2018, 17:40   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking to buy a pair of Infinity reference 6.5" co-ax's. Not seem to find them online & couple of regular dealers in Bangalore where I tried.

Requirement - speakers for a Swift DZire. Sound not too bright, nor toooo bassy. Will run them off an amp.
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:44   #801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Requirement - speakers for a Swift DZire. Sound not too bright, nor toooo bassy. Will run them off an amp.
Consider Morel, Focal or DLS as well. Ask your dealer what he has in stock and then decide or post available models here and maybe some member has heard the some of models you are getting.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 20:56   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looking to buy a pair of Infinity reference 6.5" co-ax's. Not seem to find them online & couple of regular dealers in Bangalore where I tried.

Believe it or not I was a Pioneer, JBL and Infinity fan for a very long time. Well, you know that 'sound' - bright with low emphasis on mid range and great/good bass. Just the kind a youngster would prefer in his latest ride.

But I noticed my preferences changing after I 'matured'..err..a nice way to say I crossed into the 40s So began the search and hunt for that sound which lay easy on the ear.

You'll find EU speakers easier on the ears which after noticing the listening preferences of many 40+ year old folks tends towards mellower less brighter sound. I finally found it with Focal, an ICE install that I detailed on T-BHP.

Try Focal, Blaupunkt & Morel. Navin is a master at this and you should take his advice. One of these brands should float your boat.

Last edited by R2D2 : 25th February 2018 at 20:57.
Old 19th March 2018, 13:56   #803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
... .
Navin, any idea about DS18 amplifiers ?

CANDY-X5SL:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DS18-Channe...nnel+amplifier
Old 20th March 2018, 10:29   #804
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin, any idea about DS18 amplifiers ?

CANDY-X5SL:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DS18-Channe...nnel+amplifier
No idea. Never even heard of this brand before.

OT: Roksan makes an amplifier and CD player called "Kandy"
https://www.whathifi.com/roksan/kandy-k2-bt/review
Old 29th March 2018, 10:53   #805
Senior - BHPian

The struggle to get Android phone and car deck to play nice!

My Kenwood KDC-BT365U car deck supports Android music playback via USB. But kenwood's support page only lists phones which are in Android 5 and below. Ancient times.

Even though my v20 has a quadDAC, playing through Aux just wasn't the same as listening to music on headphones. USB on car deck was always the superior choice.

So long story short, it required the original OEM usb cable, Kenwood's music play app installed and open, and developer options activated.

This helped let me listen to music via USB from the Phone. I use a CD mount to hold my phone, so the phone becomes the interface for the car deck.

Now my issue is that, this is still not 100% compatible. I need to plug and unplug the USB cable a few times to get it working. Or turn on and off the developer options. Wastage of time in the mornings...

And now another headache is that, if i get a call and i answer it [Bluetooth on car deck], after i disconnect, the handshake between the USB and car deck is gone!

Why did Android have to remove the mass storage option on the phone! :(
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 20:49   #806
BHPian

ICE Upgrade : Chevrolet Sail Sedan

Hi,

My 2013 Chevrolet Sail Sedan is going through a slight makeover with all bodywork being done after a long time of collecting dents in Bangalore. While, I am doing this, I am also planning to upgrade my ICE from the stock that is currently in the car. I would really love your help in putting together a system that would work for me and my budget.

Below would be requirements explained the best way I can. I hope it helps:

What kind of music I listen to and preferences:

• I listen to all genres of music. Predominantly the music played will be (in order of descending listening) - Rock'n Roll, Alternative Rock, Blues, Hip Hop, Pop, Jazz.
• I usually don't prefer a blaring sub woofer unless I am listening to hip hop or pop and there are really good sonics

What functionalities I need other than music:

• I would like bluetooth functionality to answer call hands-free. I assume AUX and USB are mostly a given
• I own an iPhone, if there are any HUs that I should consider that work better with one
• I do not like touchscreens. Still prefer buttons, especially in the car. Find touch a bit distracting with the large screens
• Would still like a double din setup

What I assume I need (please correct me):

• New Head Unit
• 4 Speakers (please help me out whether i should go for co-axial or component and where). The speakers currently are all in the door pad and are of Nippon make.
• 4- Channel Amplifier
• A Sub

Finally, my budget: I could stretch upto Rs. 35,000.

I would really love your suggestions for a good setup. Also, if a few Bangalorean Team-Bhpians could point me to a good store for the setup I would be obliged. I would be going for the install next weekend. Will surely post pictures when I do.

Thanks,
James
Old 4th April 2018, 04:52   #807
BANNED

Re: ICE Upgrade : Chevrolet Sail Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobojames9 View Post
What I assume I need (please correct me):

• New Head Unit
• 4 Speakers (please help me out whether i should go for co-axial or component and where). The speakers currently are all in the door pad and are of Nippon make.
• 4- Channel Amplifier
• A Sub

Finally, my budget: I could stretch upto Rs. 35,000.
These are what I can think of:

HU
  • Blaupunkt New Jersey 220BT - ₹10,000
It is a double-din HU with Bluetooth, USB, AUX, CD, FM Player.

Front Speakers
  • JBL GTO 609C - ₹6,500
  • Polk dB 6501 - ₹8,800

Rear Speakers
  • Rockford Fosgate 165X3 Prime - ₹6,200
  • Polk dB 651 - ₹4,000
  • Polk dB 652 - ₹6,000

Amplifier (4-Channel)
  • Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP - ₹5,000
  • Pioneer GM-A6704 - ₹6,200
  • Blaupunkt EMA 455 - ₹5,700
  • Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF - ₹6,000
  • Sony XM-N1004 - ₹5,700

Subwoofer
  • Blaupunkt GTb 8200A - Active subwoofer - ₹7,000

All prices in the post I have given are from Amazon.in. It will vary from retailers pricing.

Last edited by a4anurag : 4th April 2018 at 04:53.
Old 5th April 2018, 15:26   #808
BHPian

Stock speaker replacement for ANHC 2011

Number of threads on Honda city ICE is so confusing. Hence the new thread. Can the experts help me arrive at a good set of speakers to replace the stock company speakers on 2011 Honda City. I am interested for only replacement of 4 speakers with using components in the front. Do not want to change HU or include amp.

Thanks

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid using abbreviations like ANHC or OHC for the purpose of reference. Kindly go though the Announcements before proceeding. Thank you.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th April 2018 at 15:39. Reason: Please see note in post
Old 6th April 2018, 01:07   #809
BANNED

Re: Stock speaker replacement for ANHC 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
I am interested for only replacement of 4 speakers with using components in the front.
Please do let us know the budget for speakers so we can suggest.
Old 10th April 2018, 14:31   #810
BHPian

Re: Stock speaker replacement for ANHC 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Please do let us know the budget for speakers so we can suggest.
Upto 15K is fine for me. Want some good quality sound. Mostly I am into vocals.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks